Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    I'm looking forward to seeing Mayfield at the combine this year. I think the Russell Wilson comparison is spot on, the thing I want to see is if he can make all the "NFL type throws" at the combine. If he does, then I wouldn't hesitate to take him. Did you see him rallying his team in the 4th quarter yesterday, he has the fire and desire to be a very successful NFL QB, I 'm just wondering about his arm strength. I would still rank the QB's as Darnold, Rosen, Allen and then Mayfield, but at #6, I would be very happy with any of them. Next on my list would be Lamar Jackson, but I don't like QB's with skinny legs, sounds weird, but there's some truth there.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Mayfield at the combine this year. I think the Russell Wilson comparison is spot on, the thing I want to see is if he can make all the "NFL type throws" at the combine. If he does, then I wouldn't hesitate to take him. Did you see him rallying his team in the 4th quarter yesterday, he has the fire and desire to be a very successful NFL QB, I 'm just wondering about his arm strength. I would still rank the QB's as Darnold, Rosen, Allen and then Mayfield, but at #6, I would be very happy with any of them. Next on my list would be Lamar Jackson, but I don't like QB's with skinny legs, sounds weird, but there's some truth there.
    No, that doesn't sound weird. It's a great point and I absolutely agree.

Mayfield can throw the ball. He has a very good arm. It won't be what Allen has but he can chuck it. I believe I saw him air it out around 60 yards and I've seen him throw darts.
    I just think the kid's attitude and makeup would be great for this team. I think Rosen is a putz. I don't think Darnold is that smart. I think Allen is a hit or miss. I would love to see Mayfield in green, more than any of the others

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I guess my point is why settle for a player who might be good at his position if you had an opportunity to get a great. For example us drafting Adams was literally the reason why our defense came to play most games. You could literally hear him calling out assignments on the field as a ROOKIE!
    I just don't believe in settling

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    I guess my point is why settle for a player who might be good at his position if you had an opportunity to get a great. For example us drafting Adams was literally the reason why our defense came to play most games. You could literally hear him calling out assignments on the field as a ROOKIE!
    I don't disagree one bit. With that said, I think Mayfield will be a legit QB with franchise potential. I think Mayfield has the energy to affect an entire offense. If you put decent pieces around him, they will get better. None of the other QBs have his mentality or cunning. He comes in to the league ready to play.
    If he was gone, my next target would be Barkely. If he was gone? I would trade back and get another first for next year, so I could make a run at hurts or Fromm next year and take a shot at Barrett in the later rounds.
    There

Imo I would draft Barkley although I think he will be gone by 3 or 4 given no trade ups for a Qb or teams trading to take him. He the best player in this draft imo and would be a great addition to the offense. Iíd honestly would sign cousins bc we have the cap room and he has a career 94.8 qb rating and 65.7% completion %; not sure whatís not to like . Yes he will get paid but itís worth the risk. Use the draft and cap room to build o line and defense ala corners and edge rusher. Think that would be a great offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks024 View Post
    Imo I would draft Barkley although I think he will be gone by 3 or 4 given no trade ups for a Qb or teams trading to take him. He the best player in this draft imo and would be a great addition to the offense. Iíd honestly would sign cousins bc we have the cap room and he has a career 94.8 qb rating and 65.7% completion %; not sure whatís not to like . Yes he will get paid but itís worth the risk. Use the draft and cap room to build o line and defense ala corners and edge rusher. Think that would be a great offseason.

I understand why people might like him and think he's the answer but I don't see him that way, not even a little.
    Cousins doesn't score TDs. He doesn't win games. I want zero to do with him. My hope is that Denver takes him.
    I think there is much more not to like about cousins than you. I think he is a case where the numbers do lie.

If Cousins was that good, wouldn't the Redskins have committed to him long term? Even this year, Gruden said he's in the evaluation process about him.
    I would rather pick a QB in this draft and risk it with him than spend what it will cost to lock into a contract with a guy who isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I'm liking Baker Mayfield lately. He's one that might shoot up the draft boards and not even make it to the 6th pick.
    I hope he is taken ahead of us

I guess we need to decide at what point do we believe that the 4th QB will be taken. Should we trade down if that QB wasn't a top choice for our front office. Perhaps we can go a few spaces down and still get him. I don't know. Of course, if he's our guy and he's sitting there, we take him. How many teams actually need / want a QB and might trade up to get one? Lots of factors in the decision.

For me, we take the QB if he's one that management wants or else we take the best player available.

I would gladly take any of the top 4 QBs this year.
    After watching Mayfield look off safeties on Monday, I am convinced he will excel at the next level.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha:32075865
    And while that's great and all, it appears DeSean Watson would have been the better pick for us if he's able to return healthy. That injury couldn't have been predicted.

Regardless of how good Adams is and will be, it won't matter if we don't get a good QB.

We can keep drafting defensive players every year all we want. We'll never be good if we don't get a good QB, or just a solid one with an elite RB and good defense like the Rams have done.

I think we'll have a shot at Mayfield and we should take him if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation:32076351
    I would gladly take any of the top 4 QBs this year.
    After watching Mayfield look off safeties on Monday, I am convinced he will excel at the next level.
    This is my thinking as well. Forget best player available.

I get why we took Adams over Watson last year, but nows the time to take a QB. The top 4 are good prospects. They probably won't all turn out that way but let's take the chance.

We won't win **** without a QB. The sooner the FO realizes this, the better.

I would do whatever it takes to get Darnold or Rosen.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I would do whatever it takes to get Darnold or Rosen.
    That ship has sailed. It's a pipe dream at this point. No one is trading away their chance at a Franchise QB. We have to settle or Allen or Mayfield. This is why I wanted to lose since week 1. I wasn't rooting against the Jets I was rooting for a better future. The draft is everything.

Mac just said he would trade up if he likes a player they want.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    This is my thinking as well. Forget best player available.

I get why we took Adams over Watson last year, but nows the time to take a QB. The top 4 are good prospects. They probably won't all turn out that way but let's take the chance.

We won't win **** without a QB. The sooner the FO realizes this, the better.
    They are looking to upgrade the QB position.

Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast