Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I never liked trading up in the draft for Sanchez, but that being said, he led the team to two AFC Championship games before the team took away all his weapons and had a defensive player draft only mindset. He had no tight end and no other weapons. If Darnold is the next Sanchez and he drops to us, at least we aren't trading up to pick him.

Overall, at this point, I'd wait and take the best player available. That strategy has worked well the past two years.
    If all goes right, I think Darnold may actually fall to us and I'd take him.

Let's start with actually getting a high pick by the 49ers and Broncos winning

#1 Cleveland - Barkley
    #2 Giants - Rosen
    #3 Colts - I think they reach for a LT or trade with Cleveland (#4), Denver (#7), or the Jets (#6) to take their QB of choice or another team jumping up for Chubb
    #4 Cleveland - Allen
    #5 Tampa - Chubb
    #6 Jets - Darnold

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post

#1 Cleveland - Barkley
    #2 Giants - Rosen
    #3 Colts - I think they reach for a LT or trade with Cleveland (#4), Denver (#7), or the Jets (#6) to take their QB of choice or another team jumping up for Chubb
    #4 Cleveland - Allen
    #5 Tampa - Chubb
    #6 Jets - Darnold
    Your analysis is pretty spot on, the only issue is a team will definitely trade up to get the QB that they want. Just look at two years ago, all the deals that were made in order for the Rams and Eagles to trade up to 1 and 2. And that was for Goff and Wentz. Two years later, those seem like great picks, but they were not at the hype/prospect level that Rosen, Darnold and in many people's opinion (including mine and Kinky) Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post

#1 Cleveland - Barkley
    #2 Giants - Rosen
    #4 Cleveland - Allen
    #5 Tampa - Chubb
    #6 Jets - Darnold
    C'mon Broncos. Orange Crush. LOL.

Are you sure the Jets are picking 6th in that scenario? Right now they are in a 4 way tie for 6th. Is their strength of schedule the weakest? What happens if TB rallies to beat NO? Can jets get 5th pick?

Right now they are 7th, if TB and Denver win they pick 5th

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation:32071753
    Right now they are 7th, if TB and Denver win they pick 5th
    What if just TB wins and DEN loses like it looks like? Do we move ahead of TB

We have to draft a QB no matter what. Drafting defensive players constantly means nothing without a good QB.

Whether it's Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, or Allen, just end up with one of them.

If one turns out good, that could make the difference for us. No other position will matter if we have a **** QB.

Denver is probably tanking, down 14 points.

Jets pick6th

Denver is probably tanking, down 14 points.
    Again!

Hearing jets picking 6th per Brian Costello.

Picking 6th. Sucks DEN blew that game. Browns, Giants, and Broncos all could take a QB ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Picking 6th. Sucks DEN blew that game. Browns, Giants, and Broncos all could take a QB ahead of us.
    The Colts are the team to target. According to the Draft Value Chart, we will need to give up our 1st, 2nd and 4th in order to get the 3rd overall pick. If the QB they like is there, then I say we do it. We still have Seattle's 2nd rounder anyway, so it will only really cost us a 4th rounder. It's way too early, but that's where my mind is at.

Can we get a late round pick for Hackeysack? If we refuse to play him for two years, he can't possibly be in our plans. What a waste of a draft pick, he was. More reason why Bowles must go. What an A-hole not even giving him a rep in the final game.

Can we get a late round pick for Hackeysack? If we refuse to play him for two years, he can't possibly be in our plans. What a waste of a draft pick, he was. More reason why Bowles must go. What an A-hole not even giving him a rep in the final game.
    Hack is worth nothing in the league right now.
    I actually applaud the Jets for not forcing something too early.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    The Colts are the team to target. According to the Draft Value Chart, we will need to give up our 1st, 2nd and 4th in order to get the 3rd overall pick. If the QB they like is there, then I say we do it. We still have Seattle's 2nd rounder anyway, so it will only really cost us a 4th rounder. It's way too early, but that's where my mind is at.
    I'd be on board with that, I just don't know if Denver allows that...but from everything I'm reading, Elway is in a win now mode with that defense, so they'll go hard after Cousins

I still believe Cleveland takes Barkley with the #1 and QB with the #4

Here's a thought:
    Assuming the Giants draft Rosen and release Eli Manning
    We draft Allen who is a project

Should we sign Eli to a 2 year deal? He obviously struggled this year with a terrible offensive line and injured WR core. Eli can serve as a great mentor to Allen and give us a solid QB to compete with.

As with any QB for 2018, the Jets have to go nuts putting together the offensive line.

Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast