Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Third base?

Third base?

I didn't realize that we couldn't make polls anymore...wtf

Anyway, there are a couple of third base options next year, you have guys like Moose, Frazier, and Nuñez. Then you have guys on the trading block like Solarte and Headley, or even Machado/Donaldson any of these seem reasonable to you? Hell, we even have in house solutions like Flores or TJ.

Well considering Wright's career is pretty much over, we need somebody at third or a multi-positional player.

Anyway, who are the pragmatic solutions for next year and what would you offer for them?

Discuss, your papers are due by midnight.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Get Moustakas, Mets are not going to get Machado, so forget that dream.

Every other option is meh.

Donaldson would be great, but again this farm is dried up, so what are you giving up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Get Moustakas, Mets are not going to get Machado, so forget that dream.

Every other option is meh.

Donaldson would be great, but again this farm is dried up, so what are you giving up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What about Nuñez as really good depth? He can play LF, SS, 2B and 3B...Poor mans Ben Zobrist?

Two words:

Phillip Evans.

Didn't the man once lead the Eastern League in hitting? Good enough for the Eastern League, good enough for the Mets. I say,
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

It's going to be Asdrubal till Wright comes back and gets hurt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    What about Nuñez as really good depth? He can play LF, SS, 2B and 3B...Poor mans Ben Zobrist?
    He makes Wilmer look like a gold glove at every one of those positions. Really, whereever you put him it's like "Please God, don't let them hit the ball in his direction." Think: Dave Kingman, only smaller and deceptively more agile.

He's like the old Michael Jackson joke: Both wear one glove for seemingly no reason. Only way i want Nunez is if the NL adopts the DH rule.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Some combination of Asdrubal and Reyes.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Third base?

Some combination of cheap and piss poor is my guess.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Some combination of cheap and piss poor is my guess.
    What a coincidence! That's Dugmet's guess too!

I would like to think that third base is the highest need this offseason followed by a high quality reliever and an innings eating starting pitcher.

I would love Nimmo starting in CF and Flores staring at 2B next year, I don't think those positions really need upgrading until Sandy signs a guy like Sogard to man 2B against some righties. Offense doesn't need too much tweaking but we definitely need one accomplished bat in the infield. If Smith fails then Flores is likely to man first base full time and we have a hole at 2B.

I know the Mets aren't going to trade for Machado but trading for Donaldson could make sense depending on what the Blue Jays want and how high they're selling.

I dunno, I disagree on Nuñez though, him and a guy like Frazier could really solidify this lineup and be great insurance in case of either failure or injury down the line.

If you had to take a guess as to how much money the Mets will spend this offseason, what would it be?

I would like to think that third base is the highest need this offseason followed by a high quality reliever and an innings eating starting pitcher.

I would love Nimmo starting in CF and Flores staring at 2B next year, I don't think those positions really need upgrading until Sandy signs a guy like Sogard to man 2B against some righties. Offense doesn't need too much tweaking but we definitely need one accomplished bat in the infield. If Smith fails then Flores is likely to man first base full time and we have a hole at 2B.

I know the Mets aren't going to trade for Machado but trading for Donaldson could make sense depending on what the Blue Jays want and how high they're selling.

I dunno, I disagree on Nuñez though, him and a guy like Frazier could really solidify this lineup and be great insurance in case of either failure or injury down the line.

If you had to take a guess as to how much money the Mets will spend this offseason, what would it be?
    TJ Rivera. First base or second base. Wilmer Flores. Second base or first base.

Just sayin.

Like $15 million, tops. Don't they already have almost $130 tied up already?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Some combination of Asdrubal and Reyes.
    Wrong.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    What a coincidence! That's Dugmet's guess too!
    Yeah but neither of us has access to the information we need to formulate any real thoughts on the issue.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Like $15 million, tops. Don't they already have almost $130 tied up already?
    58 million with 10 arbitration eligible players.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast