Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Where do you rank Tracy McGrady's talent all-time?

With his induction to the Basketball Hall of Fame this Weekend, Tracy McGrady has come up a lot. Most seem to agree he was a massive talent limited by injuries, missing about one-fifth of possible regular season games. He was essentially done by 30.
    Where would you rank him all-time based on talent alone? Maybe create an all-time list, and stop when you reach McGrady.

Edit: Everyone else in your all-time team should also be based entirely on talent. You're welcome Penny.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 09-08-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Lots of guys had talent. High level talent, too. Impossible to judge. Definitely one of the highest but who's to say he had more talent and based off what?

Ever seen a player tall as him with handles like that? Before the bad back he was the most aesthetically pleasing player I've ever witnessed. He rose from the penny hardaway model and birthed Kevin durant today

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Ever seen a player tall as him with handles like that? Before the bad back he was the most aesthetically pleasing player I've ever witnessed. He rose from the penny hardaway model and birthed Kevin durant today
    Yup. He was poetry in motion

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

How is in right now if he played in 2013?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Basically asking to rate peak 1 year players? Top 25-30 in that realm. His seemingly perpetually high state never matched his talent ceiling, that's for sure. I'm actually surprised he made the Hall Of Fame.

The best version of Tmac we ever saw use to get busted up by Baron Davis in the playoffs. The season version of Tmac was scary good.

Honestly, 1. I've always felt that Tmac was the most talented/skilled player to hit this league during his Orlando stint. In terms of talent alone, it doesn't get much better. Shame it was so short

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity115 View Post
    Honestly, 1. I've always felt that Tmac was the most talented/skilled player to hit this league during his Orlando stint. In terms of talent alone, it doesn't get much better. Shame it was so short

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Yeah I used to argue with some of my friends over this. I actually think people expected too much from Vince because they put him in that mj class as an athlete but I always felt he lacked some in terms of lateral motion, tho obviously elite everywhere else.

Kobe said it best he had all the skills and was 6"9. Shame he had scoliosis, guess we have to include that huh.

I look at it like this, Phil used to say he thought that Pippen had more potential than mj, now I don't know if he said that to piss him off or what but I look at tmac vs pippen/mj and I see the best traits of both. He had the most absurd first step with such a low dribble stance(before his back broke) I shudder to think what he would have done to teams with the rules of today, no handcheck+improved spacing+soft shooting rules = dominance unseen since mj

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    The best version of Tmac we ever saw use to get busted up by Baron Davis in the playoffs. The season version of Tmac was scary good.
    The best version of tmac I ever saw was in Houston when he was making Dirk his *****, by then he had began thinking the game out while still having some of his old talent, he just couldn't bring it every night during an 82 game schedule tho he did play a **** load of minutes even then. 0203 Tmac gets the best rs nod for sure and prolly the best campaign overall but I know tmac was superior mentally in 05

The best version of tmac I ever saw was in Houston when he was making Dirk his *****, by then he had began thinking the game out while still having some of his old talent, he just couldn't bring it every night during an 82 game schedule tho he did play a **** load of minutes even then. 0203 Tmac gets the best rs nod for sure and prolly the best campaign overall but I know tmac was superior mentally in 05
    First year Rockets TMAC and first year Nets Carter I think are some of the most underrated years of any player. Neither were AS flashy/athletic then, but were incredibly polished and mentally at their peak. Both of them were just insane playmakers at that time and weren't seen as good because the dunks slowed down.

I'll take 05 VC and 05 Tmac over anyone to get me a bucket.

You mean the series where they choked away a 2-0 series lead to Dirk's Mavs?

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Basically asking to rate peak 1 year players? Top 25-30 in that realm. His seemingly perpetually high state never matched his talent ceiling, that's for sure. I'm actually surprised he made the Hall Of Fame.
    Disagree with you as usual, except for the hof bit. I did think he would eventually make it but so soon? I think people understate his longevity a bit tho

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    You mean the series where they choked away a 2-0 series lead to Dirk's Mavs?
    I don't consider an injured team over achieving to be choking so not imo. And in that series I wouldn't have called them Dirks mavs either as the team won in spite of his diminished performance by comparison. What really won the series is how they turned Yao from a defensive juggernaut into a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity115 View Post
    First year Rockets TMAC and first year Nets Carter I think are some of the most underrated years of any player. Neither were AS flashy/athletic then, but were incredibly polished and mentally at their peak. Both of them were just insane playmakers at that time and weren't seen as good because the dunks slowed down.

I'll take 05 VC and 05 Tmac over anyone to get me a bucket.
    Lmfao! Over anyone? Tmac had a slash of 43/32/77 (hint: that is terrible) and while VC had more respectable efficiency neither were even top 5 in the league in scoring. Neither made it out of the 2nd round either (Healthy T-Mac and Yao going down in the 1st).

Edit: Just saw your screen name. Noted.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast