Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IT's injury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ84HRZJNBs

This video demonstrates the IQ of LeBron. Remember when he was all athleticism and would decline by age 30? My Goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    With IT injured Cavs go from a BIG3 to a BIG2. LeBron maybe forced to playing heavy minutes into regular season just to win those close games. Now if they can trade that Nets pick and whatever and get another star that can carry the team in the regular season would keep LeBron fresh for playoffs.
    Eh, he did perfectly fine in this year's playoffs despite playing 38mpg throughout the regular season. You don't remember hearing everyone being dramatic about LeBron's minutes through the whole year? There were some very ridiculous hot takes. The man even said that his minutes were fine and wanted to play them. He knows his body better than anyone on these forums. Then capped off the regular season with a dominating playoff performance and one of the best finals performances in NBA history. Now people wanna doubt him again and worry about his minutes if IT misses half a year like he'll have to play 44mpg for the Cavs to be top 3 in the East and if not there's a chance the Cavs might have a bad record headed into the all-star break? I mean come on guys.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Eh, he did perfectly fine in this year's playoffs despite playing 38mpg throughout the regular season. You don't remember hearing everyone being dramatic about LeBron's minutes through the whole year? There were some very ridiculous hot takes. The man even said that his minutes were fine and wanted to play them. He knows his body better than anyone on these forums. Then capped off the regular season with a dominating playoff performance and one of the best finals performances in NBA history. Now people wanna doubt him again and worry about his minutes if IT misses half a year like he'll have to play 44mpg for the Cavs to be top 3 in the East and if not there's a chance the Cavs might have a bad record headed into the all-star break? I mean come on guys.
    LeBron playing heavy minutes could be a risk of injury. Also IT may not be playing every game this season or could get reinjured and miss the playoffs. Love isn't anything special. Rose, Korver are a bit long in the tooth. Cavs are bit old. Smith a bit dippy. Irving carried a good portion of the scoring load as well. He could score anywhere from 25 to 40 a night any given night.

Down to a big2 and more pressure and more minutes and finger pointing. LeBron loves to point fingers when things go sour. He did that in Miami. Ya think Love looked unhappy or pouty last season and people thought a spiff was going on between him and LeBron. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of that this season.

Oh yeah and LeBron loves to coast regular season as well. Yeah central division bit down in the dumps. But my Bucks wont let up. Players where calling my Bucks try hard's last couple seasons. hahahah

LeBron playing heavy minutes could be a risk of injury. Also IT may not be playing every game this season or could get reinjured and miss the playoffs. Love isn't anything special. Rose, Korver are a bit long in the tooth. Cavs are bit old. Smith a bit dippy. Irving carried a good portion of the scoring load as well. He could score anywhere from 25 to 40 a night any given night.

Down to a big2 and more pressure and more minutes and finger pointing. LeBron loves to point fingers when things go sour. He did that in Miami. Ya think Love looked unhappy or pouty last season and people thought a spiff was going on between him and LeBron. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of that this season.

Oh yeah and LeBron loves to coast regular season as well. Yeah central division bit down in the dumps. But my Bucks wont let up. Players where calling my Bucks try hard's last couple seasons. hahahah
    1) LeBron has never been injured and has played the most minutes in NBA history of any player at the same age of their career. Not to say he won't get injured at all but the guy isn't your typical ordinary player. Karl Malone never got injured like that, too, down to the ripe age of 40. Some guys are just tanks with strong bones.

2) Irving could drop 25-40 on a given night? Funny, his averages show otherwise. Cavs lost when Irving was the focal point of the offense. Carried a good portion? Except, Love scored only 19 PPG per 36 when Kyrie is on the court but scored 27 PPG on the same metric without Kyrie.

Not sure what you were looking at. I was looking at actual game logs of points scored in each game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamel...2/kyrie-irving

Guess it doesn't really matter does it? IT is injured and you got Rose's averages to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    All we've ever had were injuries, fam. Every single year.

The Cavs went 18-7 at the beginning of the 2015-16 season without Kyrie Irving. That's a 72% winning percentage and pace for 56'ish wins on the year. All they had was LeBron, Love, and guys like Jared Cunningham and post-injury bum-status Mozgov. LeBron played over 36mpg during that time.

We went for 6'ish weeks without Love last year, and JR missed significant time as well, and we had numerous shuffling of the lineups with new additions (both D-wills, Korver, etc...). We played Liggins for some time early on and even ran out there with guys like Felder playing solid minutes.

If you think that IT missing half a year is gonna screw up the Cavs then I think you're being naive. We've got more depth now than we ever had before, and LeBron + Love is enough to carry the team to a top 2-3 seed in the East.

Now, if we're missing IT for the entire year + playoffs, THEN I'd be a bit worried, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.
    I doubt LeBron wants to drop beyond #1 or #2 in the east. If he's at #4 or #5 then he's dealing with my Bucks or another good team first round. LeBron wants a cake walk all the way to the finals to meet the Warriors. So he wants #8 or #7 seeds for first round. A better team first round could get them winded.

Love hasn't looked unhappy/pouty since the 2014-15 season (and 90% of PSD exclaimed he was GONE, but none ate their crow ). There was none of that in the 2016-17 season. Where you been, bro? Last season he had his absolute best year as a Cav and got along with 'Bron perfectly fine. You're like two years behind here on everything outside of Milwaukee.

I doubt LeBron wants to drop beyond #1 or #2 in the east. If he's at #4 or #5 then he's dealing with my Bucks or another good team first round. LeBron wants a cake walk all the way to the finals to meet the Warriors. So he wants #8 or #7 seeds for first round. A better team first round could get them winded.
    I mean - logically that makes sense. But it doesn't necessarily apply.

The Pacers gave us a harder fight in the 1st round than both Boston and Toronto last year. The exaggeration on LeBron's 'fatigue' and being 'winded' and not being 'fresh' is starting to be severely/ridiculously overblown in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I agree, Warriors would still be better. But it's a SERIOUS dent in the gap if they get Cousins and IT is 100%. Kyrie is a bit better than IT but if healthy i don't think the gap is huge. Cousins is a top 15-20 player in the game. Adding him would make a big difference. I think it gets to the point where maaaaaaaybe you get a few lucky breaks and you could possibly be in position to upset them. Not much more you can ask for with KD's decision to sign there.
    I have noticed something, a lot of Boston fans never want to insert AD name instead of DC. lol

Cav's would go after AD it will make the most sense. Why would they trade the Nets pick for a 1yr rental? Why would they trade Love for a 1yr rental?

The player that they would be targeting is AD. I would appreciate it if you guys stop just inserting DC name, just because you guys want AD. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    If Isaiah Thomas' situation keeps him out, the Cavs would be relying heavily on a back court of Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon, Iman Shumpert, Jr Smith, Kyle Korver. The majority of those players have been plagued by injuries recently and all of them would be asked to take on a larger role on the team. Adding players like Crowder will help, and to a much lesser degree Jeff Green might be serviceable. Still putting a ton of faith in Derrick Rose to stay healthy. It will be an interesting situation if the injury bug lingers into the playoffs for the cavs.
    Problem Solved

Lbj/Rose/Calderon
    Smith/Korver/Shumpert
    Crowder/Korver
    Love/
    TT/Zizic

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I agree, Warriors would still be better. But it's a SERIOUS dent in the gap if they get Cousins and IT is 100%. Kyrie is a bit better than IT but if healthy i don't think the gap is huge. Cousins is a top 15-20 player in the game. Adding him would make a big difference. I think it gets to the point where maaaaaaaybe you get a few lucky breaks and you could possibly be in position to upset them. Not much more you can ask for with KD's decision to sign there.
    When push comes to shove Kyrie is 100x better than I.T.

I mean that's no knock on I.T., he's an amazing player, but in the Finals the past two years we have seen Kyrie put on EPIC / AMAZING performances that were all-time great. He even fouled-out Steph in 2016 Finals when Cleveland won (although ok that was laughable refereeing, but Steph would utterly toy with Isaiah Thomas let's just be real).

Honestly, in my view of NBA point guards it really comes down to Steph and Kyrie. I mean factoring in championship level performance as well as clutch also.

I mean if Westbrook, or Harden, or CP3 or anybody else had been on that Cavs team the past two years against GSW... no WAY they can do what Kyrie did.

Kyrie was absolute MONEY and scored basket after basket after basket with unbelievable penetration and clutch and the whole package. Just amazing and he was able to keep the Cavs in it against the incredible scoring production of GSW putting the load all on his own shoulders much of the time.

Westbrook is great but he has shown to be not that clutch, to step out and hit the perfect shot or make the perfect driving clutch layup again and again and again with all the money on the line.

Same thing with Harden. Great, but not as great as Kyrie was in the Finals. CP3? Don't think so.

I mean some of Kyrie's stat lines were unbelievable, and they were SOLID no fluff lines without even getting very many free throws. These like 42 PTs on ridiculous shooting percentages from 2 and 3 and 12+ assists and also rebounds and steals and no turnovers.

I mean the Cavs may well possibly play better as a unit with a tall defensive minded simple-facilitator type of point guard who guards the ball and makes the entry pass and runs the offense and spots up for open shots etc and plays great D.

But yeah if Cavs are trying to plug Isaiah Thomas in to do what Kyrie did.... yeah, no ****ing way, even if durability or injuries are no factor.

I mean you HAVE to flip that pick for a real amazing player like Cousins there's no other choice. Also if you ask me, they're already out on a limb trading Kyrie so now is probably also the time to cut ties with Kevin Love also and retool for real. You gotta roll the dice. If it fails then Lebron will just be in NY but if it succeeds bam that is a lot of NBA excitement

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I have noticed something, a lot of Boston fans never want to insert AD name instead of DC. lol

Cav's would go after AD it will make the most sense. Why would they trade the Nets pick for a 1yr rental? Why would they trade Love for a 1yr rental?

The player that they would be targeting is AD. I would appreciate it if you guys stop just inserting DC name, just because you guys want AD. lol

Problem Solved

Lbj/Rose/Calderon
    Smith/Korver/Shumpert
    Crowder/Korver
    Love/
    TT/Zizic
    Ummm. What exactly would the Cavs offer the Pelicans for AD? If the Pelicans are trading AD, it's to blow it up and start over. Outside of the Brooklyn pick, Cleveland doesn't have anything remotely close to rebuilding blocks for another team.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post

Highly doubt that AD is even available. AD would take a bigger haul than Kyrie to bring over. No clue what they could offer to bring that over where they would accept.

Problem Solved

Lbj/Rose/Calderon
    Smith/Korver/Shumpert
    Crowder/Korver
    Love/
    TT/Zizic
    ^^that team you posted above is the least talented team that Lebron has had since his first go around with Cleveland. Not worried about lebron getting his numbers, because he will. I'm looking at his other options and they dont look good.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 09-10-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

AD probably isn't available. But if he was Celtics do have nice assets to package like Tatum, Brown, Lakers, Grizzlies, Clippers, Kings picks besides could toss in Horford as a salary filler. Then Pelicans trade Cousins to Cavs for Nets pick. Trade Holiday for a pick. Pelicans tank with their own pick if they have one. But seems Pelicans prefer to reload on the fly. So I wouldn't be shocked they trade future picks with players to get another star. Or package Holiday and picks for a big upgrade for a big 3 of AD and Cousins. Wall be nice. But I think Wall prefers to recruit Cousins to Wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    1)

2) Irving could drop 25-40 on a given night? Funny, his averages show otherwise. Cavs lost when Irving was the focal point of the offense. Carried a good portion? Except, Love scored only 19 PPG per 36 when Kyrie is on the court but scored 27 PPG on the same metric without Kyrie.
    Dang those numbers lol. I've said before lebron and Love play great together. They are 25-10 just them 2 without Irving. I love Irving, he was a joy to watch. But he could not take over games when Lebron needed rest. He just couldn't lead the cavs.

I'm starting to believe the cavs will deal that nets pick for a star player. Not sure when but if it could happen early that would be nice to help Love when Lebron does sit games or needs rest. Although closer to trade deadline we will prob get the best deal.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    When push comes to shove Kyrie is 100x better than I.T.
    Once again i love Kyrie. But what you just said is crazy wrong. Irving is better yes, but a 100x? lmao!
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123