Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT's injury

IT's injury

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/08/...t-torn-labrum/

From Article:

One source with direct knowledge of Thomas’ hip condition told The Athletic last week that he is dealing with more than just a tear. Some of those secondary issues in the hip he has played with for years now, such as a loss of cartilage and some arthritis, are complicating his healing process.

“No one has any idea how quickly this will heal or if it even will heal at all,” the source said. “It’s hard to predict.”
    Could be a lot worse than Cavs are making it out to be

So LeBron will need to trade for a PG like Bledsoe. I could see the Suns selling off the veterans on their roster. Cant picture Cavs enjoying Rose starting all season. Thompson for Bledsoe? Then Nets pick and junk like most PSD posters prefer for Cousins. Then maybe weasel in Wade?

Bledsoe,Wade,LeBron,Love,Cousins not to shabby.

That's why Thomas was just the icing on the cake. The Cavaliers understand the need to rebuild — no use in waiting for Decision 2.0.

IT will be back they're not trading for Bledsoe lol.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Cavs are in some trouble as-is. Without IT being some semblance of last year this trade is a huge loss for them in the short term.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Cavs are in some trouble as-is. Without IT being some semblance of last year this trade is a huge loss for them in the short term.
    Why do you say that?

Are you thinking they need IT to get out of the East? I hope not.

And with IT they wasn't going to beat GS. So the Cav's situation is the dame no matter what. What the Cav's need to do, is trade for AD. They can offer, Love, TT, Crowder, the Nets pick & fillers.

If N.O doesn't want to trade AD, then the Cavs should offer, TT, Love & a filler for DC. Cavs wouldn't have to trade the Nets pick for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Isaiah Thomas needs to do a water fast for a couple or so weeks.

So the Celtics lied about the severity of the injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Why do you say that?

Are you thinking they need IT to get out of the East? I hope not.

And with IT they wasn't going to beat GS. So the Cav's situation is the dame no matter what. What the Cav's need to do, is trade for AD. They can offer, Love, TT, Crowder, the Nets pick & fillers.

If N.O doesn't want to trade AD, then the Cavs should offer, TT, Love & a filler for DC. Cavs wouldn't have to trade the Nets pick for DC.
    Cavs without IT are no lock for the Finals. They go from shoe-in to in a dog fight.

People have been saying for a while that BOS was 2 all stars away from being a real threat to CLE. They added one in Hayward. Kyrie replaces (and marginally upgrades) IT from last year so that's not "adding" a second star. So they still need another one to be a threat to CLE.

However, CLE losing a star factors into the equation just like BOS adding one. And if IT is out that's what happened with the trade - they lost an all-star player. So without IT the Cavs fin themselves in a battle for the East rather than a cake walk.

If IT is healthy and reasonable close to last year then CLE didn't lose an all star. They stayed the same with a few upgrades to bench spots (grand scheme of things those mean little). So then BOS goes back to being another player away from posing any real threat. Or even if IT i sout and they trade for a star then BOS again goes back to being a player away. If IT is healthy and they go out and move the BRK pick for a star then they move their way up to GS level.

Cavs are still favorites to get to the Finals because they have LeBron. End of story, here. Haven't you rest of the EC learned the lesson yet? Unless Lebron is injured, in the West, or age 35, you won't see another team that doesn't have Lebron in the Finals from the East.

Cavs still won this trade. They were never beating the Warriors with that roster last season and that pick allows for insane flexibility to where they can realistically make some moves happen. The season just began.. Cavs can still make moves.

Cavs without IT are no lock for the Finals. They go from shoe-in to in a dog fight.
    Dog fight against who???

People have been saying for a while that BOS was 2 all stars away from being a real threat to CLE.
    If they was saying that, I would never have believed that. You do remember that the Cav's out classed Boston whenever they tried? Please don't let the entertainment part of the NBA cloud your reasoning & judgment.

They added one in Hayward. Kyrie replaces (and marginally upgrades) IT from last year so that's not "adding" a second star. So they still need another one to be a threat to CLE.
    They need 2 super stars to beat Lbj. Adding just 1 star player, won't get the job done.

So lets say they added someone like PG near the trade deadline because OKC knows he won't re-sign & Westbrrok might be gone too. Boston adding PG, still wouldn't get pass Lbj.

You need players like a Westbrook, AD, KD, Curry. Those players.

However, CLE losing a star factors into the equation just like BOS adding one. And if IT is out that's what happened with the trade - they lost an all-star player. So without IT the Cavs fin themselves in a battle for the East rather than a cake walk.
    I'm not here to try to down your team or any other team in the East. I just don't believe these eastern teams has what it takes.

If IT is healthy and reasonable close to last year then CLE didn't lose an all star. They stayed the same with a few upgrades to bench spots (grand scheme of things those mean little). So then BOS goes back to being another player away from posing any real threat. Or even if IT i sout and they trade for a star then BOS again goes back to being a player away. If IT is healthy and they go out and move the BRK pick for a star then they move their way up to GS level.
    Um...

Lets say, 2 exact teams besides their key star player, had to face each other; one team is lead by Lbj & the other is lead by Kyrie or Hayward. What do you think the series record outcome would be?

I think Lbj 4-0. Now if you factor the team over all system is made for Lbj, is IT really that important? Do you really think if Lbj didn't have Kyrie in last season playoffs, that the Cavs wouldn't have made it to the Final's?

I know i look at the league different then most people, because I believe games are scripted out from time to time, for entertainment purposes; like given a team fan base hope that they are contenders. But I truly don't believe that any team in the East has made a move to jump Lbj.

But thats why they play the games, and we will find out sometime during the playoffs. Good luck to you and your team; it would be cool if Miami plays Boston in the playoffs and we beat you. LMAO
    Last edited by Dade County; 09-08-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Cavs got no shot of even trying to beat GS if Lebron can't rest up for it like he has the past few years. If IT isn't healthy to where the Kyrie trade is a huge short-term hit they run the risk of more 6 and 7 games playoff series that will exert his energy, even if they do pull them out as he has in the past vs. the Celtics/Pacers in his Heat years.

We see it in the regular season where Lebron isn't "that guy" night in and night out anymore like he is vs. GS in the Finals. CLE, if they want any shot of dethroning GS, needs to make sure he can rest up for the Eastern Conference playoffs like he has been the past few years.

In '11-12 he was down 3-2 to BOS in the ECF. The next year he got pushed to 7 by IND (or maybe it was the year after). His first year in CLE they were down 2-1 to CHI. Even the year CLE won they were 2-2 with the Raptors but they coasted otherwise.

If IT is out or seriously hobbled and CLE doesn't make a move to where it's Lebron, Love and a bunch of role players I think that teams like BOS, WAS, MIL can push them to 6 or 7 games even if they lose and force lebron to play more competitive basketball than he can handle if he wants to go superhero mode vs. GS.

Barring any injury Warriors are in a different world. There's not a single trade Cavs can make to be better than the Warriors. You're talkin four top 20 players in their prime, all unselfish and play the same style of basketball in a well built system. Trading for an emotional lesbian Cousins in the middle of the season while keeping Kevin Love isn't going to make them better on paper even if IT is 100% too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Dog fight against who???

If they was saying that, I would never have believed that. You do remember that the Cav's out classed Boston whenever they tried? Please don't let the entertainment part of the NBA cloud your reasoning & judgment.

They need 2 super stars to beat Lbj. Adding just 1 star player, won't get the job done.

So lets say they added someone like PG near the trade deadline because OKC knows he won't re-sign & Westbrrok might be gone too. Boston adding PG, still wouldn't get pass Lbj.

You need players like a Westbrook, AD, KD, Curry. Those players.
    CLE absolutely outclassed BOS but IT was hobbled for 1.5 games and out for the rest. So that skewed the margin to a degree. If you want to base off of that series then BOS actually did add not only Hayward but also a second star in Kyrie. I said above he wasn't "adding" a star because he was just a replacement over IT but in that CLE series IT was a nothing - hobbled and then dressing in street clothes. So as-is right now, comapred to that series they last played, BOS has added two all-star talents and CLE has lost one. And then the teams have shuffled around some trivial role players.

I would pick CLE still because of your last line. BOS has all-stars, sure, but no transcendent player. Lebron is trancendent so I'd pick him to win a series. But CLE losing a top 15-20 player and BOS adding two of them to me is a significant swing to where it's no sure-thing series. And I think WAS/MIL/TOR could similarly push CLE as they are now to 6 or 7 games. Heck, I even think your Heat could put up a competitive fight to where Lebron needs to exert energy, even if it's a 4 or 5 game series.

If IT is healthy and/or they make another big move then that obviously changes things. But this is a thread for IT's injury and I feel they're very much compromised if he's out.

I'm not here to try to down your team or any other team in the East. I just don't believe these eastern teams has what it takes.

Um...

Lets say, 2 exact teams besides their key star player, had to face each other; one team is lead by Lbj & the other is lead by Kyrie or Hayward. What do you think the series record outcome would be?

I think Lbj 4-0. Now if you factor the team over all system is made for Lbj, is IT really that important? Do you really think if Lbj didn't have Kyrie in last season playoffs, that the Cavs wouldn't have made it to the Final's?

I know i look at the league different then most people, because I believe games are scripted out from time to time, for entertainment purposes; like given a team fan base hope that they are contenders. But I truly don't believe that any team in the East has made a move to jump Lbj.

But thats why they play the games, and we will find out sometime during the playoffs. Good luck to you and your team; it would be cool if Miami plays Boston in the playoffs and we beat you. LMAO
    Lebron hasn't swept every game his whole career. As I said in my last post, he was down 3-2 to BOS in the ECF with Miami. He got pushed to 7 by IND. He was down 2-1 to CHI. He lost to a DAL team that he had no business losing to. He lost to a SA team who featured past their prime guys (Duncan, Manu, Parker) and a not yet in his prime guy (Leonard). he was locked 2-2 with TOR. And then you go back before that to when he couldn't even get out of the East.

It's not as simple as just having Lebron and you win. He gives you a massive advantage but we've seen before that if he doesn't have enough help he can still be beat. Right now, with IT out, they have Kevin Love (top 25-30 player) and then a bunch of role players. That's the worst supporting cast he's had since the first CLE tenure where he didn't go to the Finals every year. If IT's injury really is serious to where he could be out or a shell of himself and CLE makes no other big move I think CLE is a lot closer to Lebron's first go-round there than his second and they could be upset or at the very least force Lebron to exert enough energy where he can't go triple double every night vs. GS in the Finals. Very real concern if you're CLE, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Barring any injury Warriors are in a different world. There's not a single trade Cavs can make to be better than the Warriors. You're talkin four top 20 players in their prime, all unselfish and play the same style of basketball in a well built system. Trading for an emotional lesbian Cousins in the middle of the season while keeping Kevin Love isn't going to make them better on paper even if IT is 100% too.
    I agree, Warriors would still be better. But it's a SERIOUS dent in the gap if they get Cousins and IT is 100%. Kyrie is a bit better than IT but if healthy i don't think the gap is huge. Cousins is a top 15-20 player in the game. Adding him would make a big difference. I think it gets to the point where maaaaaaaybe you get a few lucky breaks and you could possibly be in position to upset them. Not much more you can ask for with KD's decision to sign there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast