Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I kind of like the method where teams draft other team's draft positions. Each team, in order of record from worst to first, get's to "draft" another team's pick next year. The worst team in the NBA would look at the prospects for the next year and select the team they think will be the worst, then the next team with do the same. That way each team will have no prospect of improving their draft position that year by tanking, only on selecting an earlier team to proxy for them in the next years draft. Bad teams still will have the best chance at getting a top pick (1 year delayed), with an incredibly small impetus to tank.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I kind of like the method where teams draft other team's draft positions. Each team, in order of record from worst to first, get's to "draft" another team's pick next year. The worst team in the NBA would look at the prospects for the next year and select the team they think will be the worst, then the next team with do the same. That way each team will have no prospect of improving their draft position that year by tanking, only on selecting an earlier team to proxy for them in the next years draft. Bad teams still will have the best chance at getting a top pick (1 year delayed), with an incredibly small impetus to tank.
    it's an interesting concept. prevents teams from themselves tanking.

so if I understand your theory right

worst record team selects which teams pick they want first. then second. so on
    that next year. you get that teams pick. wherever it falls. (no lotery chances)
    next year. the same thing happens. worst team gets first pick

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    the only issue I see is how do you trade future picks. I suppose opposing teams could step in and chose the team they wants picks. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Anybody know how to find the old thread where the lottery fixes were discussed at length earlier in the year?
    Draft wheel? That was kicked around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    the only issue I see is how do you trade future picks. I suppose opposing teams could step in and chose the team they wants picks. ???
    Exactly. You trade your chance to select the team for the next year.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Draft wheel? That was kicked around.
    There was a whole thread on several proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I like the idea someone proposed a long time ago where draft order is determined by most wins after you have been officially eliminated from the playoffs.

So if your team is terrible they will likely get eliminated first and have more chances to get wins, but if they are that terrible they likely won't win much. Either way, you'd see a bunch of crappy teams desperate to win at the end of the season to get the most wins and get that #1 pick.
    The issue with rewarding the best non-playoff team is that the teams that really need the #1 pick will have the least chance of getting it. They use a weighted lottery to help the bad teams get better, not help the middle teams make the playoffs.

Part of their reform idea is grouping teams into tiers which in a different thread was my idea w flat rates for tiers. I like it. I also like the part about how no team can draft #1 consecutive years as well

The #1 pick in consecutive years is the hard one IMO.

I mean, theoretically speaking the Sixers could end up with 3 straight #1 picks.
    2016 - Own pick.
    2017 - Pick swap with Kings from 5 to 3 and trade 3+future pick to 1.
    2018 - LAL pick could come in at number 1
    2019 - Kings pick could come in at number 1

How do you regulate that? Teams aren't going to like that they can't trade up to #1. If you can't get #1 with a traded for pick the value of the pick is seriously dinged if people know you can't use it on #1.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    The issue with rewarding the best non-playoff team is that the teams that really need the #1 pick will have the least chance of getting it. They use a weighted lottery to help the bad teams get better, not help the middle teams make the playoffs.
    But it would force really bad teams to go after free agents so they have a good enough chance of competing for top picks right?

The huge issue with grading teams on their record after they are eliminated from the playoffs is that teams like Miami last year weren't eliminated until the last game of the season. If a team goes 13-3 after playoff elimination and another goes 0-1 the incentive is to tank earlier on in the season.

another stupid idea by the league... if you flatten the odds in the 1-5 range then more teams 6-10 are gonna tank even harder... is the nba really this ******* stupid... the talent disparity in this league is simple to understand and easy to fix...

1. Ineffective salary cap due to the following...

A. Cap on max salary
    B. ******** exceptions like TPE's, MLE's, BAE's and Bird Rights (I include this exception for non-drafted players)

2. Inability to extend players whenever you want after their rookie deals (this is a ******* joke).

3. Current draft lottery not being a worse to best ... **** the lottery... its nothing more than a marketing gimmick to maintain interest in the league over the summer.
    Last edited by Scoots; 09-12-2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: filter dodging

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12