Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I still have a yearly team I'm just doing out of charity with old friends right now. Fanduel and dk are much more fun but football is so unpredictable it's hard to make any real money if you aren't doing hundreds of entries and varying your lineups and tracking it on spreadsheets and stuff like that.

There's weeks I don't do any lineups if I haven't had time to research or don't have players and games I like. It's totally just for fun and to see how well I can guess the outcomes.

This week I missed on pick ems too. That should get better though as we figure out who is for real.
    Ive been doing well on baseball using Rotowire's batter/pitcher matchups tool. It shows players' career stats vs one another.

Started looking up NFL player game logs vs particular teams, but there are so many variables and major roster turnovers in football that I dont think it will have a huge bearing on predicting outcomes.

I will post my findings later in the week.

For what its worth, both pitchers in the AZ/SD game tonight have been bad historically against each the opposition.

SD: Perdomo - In 88 AB, AZ players hitting .318 (with 9 HRs!)
    AZ: Corbin - In 104 ABs, SD players hitting .394

i put 60 down on the Lions when they were up 14-7... nice little payout of $106

gotta remain consistent. always an easy bet to find

My very early DK lineup:

D.Brees NO
    M.Gilislee NE
    D.Henry TEN
    T.Ginn NO (playing former team)
    T.Pryor WASH (playing former team)
    G.Tate DET
    M.Bennett GB
    M.Lynch OAK
    DEN D

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    My very early DK lineup:

D.Brees NO
    M.Gilislee NE
    D.Henry TEN
    T.Ginn NO (playing former team)
    T.Pryor WASH (playing former team)
    G.Tate DET
    M.Bennett GB
    M.Lynch OAK
    DEN D
    if you can get either of the lions running backs I would consider it because Atlanta has given up so much yardage on the ground and was one of the worse teams defending the pass to running backs coming out of the backfield.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Good stuff gar
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    if you can get either of the lions running backs I would consider it because Atlanta has given up so much yardage on the ground and was one of the worse teams defending the pass to running backs coming out of the backfield.
    21 passes to backs in 1st games. Nice stat.

So do u go Riddick or Abdullah? Both can catch, so I guess that gives the edge to AA since he will get more opportunities to carry the ball as well.

It's a coin flip. Theo can catch 2 TD s that go 5 yards a piece. And if this turns into a score fest Theo might be in a lot while they are chasing points.

I think both guys have a pretty good floor. I'll probably go with the cheaper guy.

Found a great YouTube video for advanced DFS strategies. A lot of it is common knowledge, but I found a couple of things in here that I wasn’t doing:

https://youtu.be/Q8AgzpUTk0k

Alright i could use some advice fellas. I just picked up Trevor Simian but another guy in our league dropped Philip Rivers.

Russell Wilson is my starting QB and hasnt looked very good.

So keep Simian and hope for the best or drop him and pick up Rivers.

I still have a yearly team I'm just doing out of charity with old friends right now. Fanduel and dk are much more fun but football is so unpredictable it's hard to make any real money if you aren't doing hundreds of entries and varying your lineups and tracking it on spreadsheets and stuff like that.

There's weeks I don't do any lineups if I haven't had time to research or don't have players and games I like. It's totally just for fun and to see how well I can guess the outcomes.

This week I missed on pick ems too. That should get better though as we figure out who is for real.
    My buddy won 40k last year on FanDuel... Bastard

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Alright i could use some advice fellas. I just picked up Trevor Simian but another guy in our league dropped Philip Rivers.

Russell Wilson is my starting QB and hasnt looked very good.

So keep Simian and hope for the best or drop him and pick up Rivers.
    There's a lot of factors that go into this decision. QB scoring, the rest of your roster, etc.

I would invest in your qb situation and get that figured out if it's holding your team back. Maybe keep all three and drop some other player you are holding onto "just incase" he blows up. I have 3 qbs right now and my #1 ia Aaron Rodgers, but that's just how I am. Also, you could have an an extra asset if they all start playing well that you can flip.

The other thing though is I'm not a Rivers fan. I always avoid him but you cannot argue with his production and he might be the most consistent guy for you if you just need your QB to have a high floor.

There's a lot of factors that go into this decision. QB scoring, the rest of your roster, etc.

I would invest in your qb situation and get that figured out if it's holding your team back. Maybe keep all three and drop some other player you are holding onto "just incase" he blows up. I have 3 qbs right now and my #1 ia Aaron Rodgers, but that's just how I am. Also, you could have an an extra asset if they all start playing well that you can flip.

The other thing though is I'm not a Rivers fan. I always avoid him but you cannot argue with his production and he might be the most consistent guy for you if you just need your QB to have a high floor.
    Yeah its a ppr league and can only carry 2 QB's. Bunch of friends that we continue to add to scoring. Defense scoring is a little spiced up. Kickers double points. Running back gets 1 point per 5 carries. Qb td is 4 points. Rb/WR 6.

Team is

QB: Russell Wilson
    RB: Todd Gurley
    RB: Marshawn Lynch
    WR: Michael Thomas
    WR: Tyreke Hill
    TE: Jimmy Graham
    Flex: Martavias Bryant
    Titans defense
    Chiefs kicker

Bench
    Duke Johnson Jr
    James White
    Donte Moncrief
    Kenny Galladay
    Trevor Simian
    Austin Hooper
    Packers D (they play Jets next week)

I hate yearly fantasy leagues, but a girl in the office asked me for help. 1. She doesnt know anything about football. 2. She was away for the draft and didn't do any pre-rankings.

ESPN auto-drafted this gem of a team for her...12 team league, no PPR:

1. E.Elliott
    2. T.Hilton (2nd round?????)
    3. L.Miller
    4. J.Reed
    5. J.Landry
    6. S.Watkins
    7. J.Edelman (yes, he was already on IR, and yes, her 4th WR before she has a QB)
    8. A.Luck
    9. S.Ware (also already on IR)
    10. T.Coleman
    11. J.Mathews
    12. C.Prosise
    13. Carolina D
    14. C.Santos

I picked up Kizer for her for week 1, then grabbed Bradford for her in week 2 , made a 12:45 Sunday move to get Goff for her.

Trying to trade Elliott for her to get a QB & some depth in case he gets suspended.

ESPN sucks.

Was able to deal away Andrew Luck & pick up Philip Rivers for her. Although I think she should still roll with Kizer vs IND this week.

Her lineup:

D.Kizer CLE
    E.Elliott DAL
    L.Miller HOU
    J.Landry MIA
    R.Higgins CLE
    J.Reed WASH
    Santos KC
    Steelers D vs CHI

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast