Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Te/ol/s just to start.
    Who is the Giants TE it's a rookie right?

Googled it. Engram Jlollllollllllollllol..

Better than ertz celek and Trey. That's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by ODB13 View Post
    That's reasonable. I've never been too impressed by Ertz, and I think Engram is about to light up the league. Still, since he's a rookie, you have a point.
    Ertz had two 800 yard years. Okay you aren't impressed. Cool. You can't put him behind Evan. And isn't it the whole depth at the position? That's slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Ertz had two 800 yard years. Okay you aren't impressed. Cool. You can't put him behind Evan. And isn't it the whole depth at the position? That's slaughter.
    Like I said, that's a good argument. I was projecting into the rankings what I think will happen this season. But you're probably right. That's not fair to do.

I'm baffled that anyone could see the Dallas WR core as being better than what NY has. The Giant's receivers are regularly mentioned as a top 5 group league-wide. Brice Butler in preseason is going to make the difference here? Really?

OBJ is top 3 in the NFL along with Brown and Jones. This isn't arguable. He just posted the most production for the first three seasons of any player in history. Dez, while a great player, is not this group.

Marshall, a legit #1 his entire career and would be again on a different team, is top 15-20 league-wide. Last season, PFF had him at #8 in 1-on-1 situations.

Sterling Shepard just posted an excellent rookie year out of the slot, where he will only improve with experience and savvy.

How exactly does Dallas compare here?
    As if right now you are absolutely right. The Giants have the names. By the end of the season though these two groups will be closer than they appear right now. If Dez stays healthy this year he will put up numbers comparable to OBJ. And Beasley actually had a better year than Marshall did last year, then factor in Marshall's age. The Cowboys are expecting big things from Ryan Switzer too. He's just a rookie but if he can have a year similar to what Shepard had last year these two groups are very close. The edge might even go to the Cowboys because Terrance Williams is better than the Giants' 4th receiver (Dwayne Harris?).

OBJ>Dez (Dez is great, but not top 3)
    Marshall>Beasely (you just looked at isolated stats to compare them last year, which doesn't tell the whole story. Beasely never got doubled, Marshall was always doubled. When he was singled, PFF says he was 8th best league wideout in converting. He's the better player)
    Shepard>Switzer (one is established, one isn't)
    Williams>Harris/Lewis/King

This isn't an argument.

Marshall>Beasely (you just looked at isolated stats to compare them last year, which doesn't tell the whole story. Beasely never got doubled, Marshall was always doubled. When he was singled, PFF says he was 8th best league wideout in converting. He's the better player)

This isn't an argument.
    I think there is certainly an argument if you look at the offense construction as a whole and not just talent.

OBJ > Dez : but it's pretty close between them when both are healthy. OBJ is the much better gamebreaker, whilst Dez is a fantastic RZ option

Marshall > Williams : Williams is an efficient 4th option in the offense who sort of spreads the defense, but Marshall has much more playmaker skills and will serve as a good RZ threat.

Beasely > Shepard : Shepard took pretty good advantage of the attention that OBJ draws, but Beasely is at least a top 3 slot WR in the game. His catch % is incredible at the volume he gets and he is incredibly efficient on converting first downs.

4th weapons : meh neither swings the pendulum enough to warrant looking into.

The problem with the Giants offense is they don't have a real efficient chain mover to go to in the way that Dallas does. Beasely gives the Cowboys a much more diverse passing attack than the Giants. That's what makes this an argument. At the end of the day I still probably lean towards the Giants, but I can see an argument to be made here.

Marshall is the X-factor. He's at the age were WRs really start to decline. But he does have the tools the you'd think age well. It's going to fall to how well an aging Marshall adjusts to a RZ/third down possession threat with less targets to work with. If he can close in on the efficiency, they very well could be the number 1 group of WR's in the NFL.

I still very much doubt that they'll be a great offense though considering the lack of a O-line/running game though. And the lack of a consistent chain mover in the WR corps* (I know they're in the big apple, but they're not the actual big apple) will continue to lead to a stalled offense unless Marshall or Shep can step/grow into that role.
    Yankees Farm System

This isn't an argument.
    I looked at overall production. Beasley had 75 catches for 833 yards and 5 TD's. Was he singled pretty much all the time? He sure was, and he's going to be singled again this year most of the time so if he puts out the same production he's at very least on par with Marshall if not more productive.

I already said Shepard is better than Switzer because we have no idea what Switzer will do. He's going to get plenty of opportunities though to produce.

I'm not certain OBJ is definitely a top 3 guy. Is he one of the best? Absolutely but top 3, it's debatable. If Dez is healthy all year he's right on par with anyone in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I looked at overall production. Beasley had 75 catches for 833 yards and 5 TD's. Was he singled pretty much all the time? He sure was, and he's going to be singled again this year most of the time so if he puts out the same production he's at very least on par with Marshall if not more productive.

I already said Shepard is better than Switzer because we have no idea what Switzer will do. He's going to get plenty of opportunities though to produce.

I'm not certain OBJ is definitely a top 3 guy. Is he one of the best? Absolutely but top 3, it's debatable. If Dez is healthy all year he's right on par with anyone in the top 5.
    Among NFL experts, from the eye-testers to the analytics crowd, OBJ is universally considered a top 4 receiver (very occasionally, AJ Green is ranked above him) and for good reason. He just put up the greatest first 3 years of any receiver in NFL history. Good as Dez is, he's not in that class.

As far as Beasley and Marshall are concerned, I would love you to put up a poll asking which receiver one would rather have going into this season. Lol I would love to see a poll of GMs answering that question.

As far as Beasley and Marshall are concerned, I would love you to put up a poll asking which receiver one would rather have going into this season. Lol I would love to see a poll of GMs answering that question.
    Again, I said that the Giants have the names. Of course just going by name and reputation most people would take Marshall. If you're wanting the better production though you're going to get more out of Beasley. In his prime there is no doubt that Marshall was a top 10 WR but he's not in his prime anymore. He's not the same guy he was 10 years ago. He's not even the same guy he was 5 years ago. Add to the fact that defenses that face the Giants won't have to stack 8 men in the box. They can play more coverage defense again them because there is no fear of a running attack from the Giants. Beasley on the other hand plays in a stacked offense and will continue to see single coverage all year long.

Reading this thread hurt my head, things never change.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Best QB: Redskins, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles

Best RB: Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Giants

Best Wrs: Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins

Best TE: Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles

Best Oline: Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, Giants

Best Dline: Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys

Best Lbs: Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants

Best Corners: Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys

Best Safeties:
    Giants, Redskins, Eagles, Cowboys
    You just said you made your predictions, based on projections of this year, your playing yourself if you think Wentz is going to be the worst. It's laughable actually if you think Cousins will even be the best.

But first things first, I want to understand where this OBJ is a top 3 WR joke is coming from, did AJ Green die?? I mean I guess it's his fault he plays on a team with a ****** QB, so let's forget him and Hopkins. OBJ has a case for top 5, but top 3?

Also Eagles and Giants are in a league of their own when it comes to the Dline, Cowboys are nowhere near them.

One last thing who on gods name is better than Josh Norman in our division to warrant even them not being number one??
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Giants
    Cowboys
    Eagles
    Redskins

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm baffled that anyone could see the Dallas WR core as being better than what NY has. The Giant's receivers are regularly mentioned as a top 5 group league-wide. Brice Butler in preseason is going to make the difference here? Really?

OBJ is top 3 in the NFL along with Brown and Jones. This isn't arguable. He just posted the most production for the first three seasons of any player in history. Dez, while a great player, is not this group.

Marshall, a legit #1 his entire career and would be again on a different team, is top 15-20 league-wide. Last season, PFF had him at #8 in 1-on-1 situations.

Sterling Shepard just posted an excellent rookie year out of the slot, where he will only improve with experience and savvy.

How exactly does Dallas compare here?
    Brice Butler as a #4 WR? I'LL take that.

When Dez is healthy there's not many better . Beasley is a top 3 slot WR. Like I said I'm not sold on Williams only because he's a body catcher but he can take the top off the defense and is capable of some highlight real catches. Butler is still a raw talent but had some moments last year and seems to have built on that. He's has all the tools his route running has plagued him. He's big ,fast ,has good hands and can go get the ball in fact don't be surprised if he surplants Williams as WR#2. I didn't even get into Switzer because he's unoroven..but norm loves him.

2017 NFC East Thread

Very unimpressive start for Cousins, not to mention the Redskins running game.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast