Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226
Results 3,376 to 3,385 of 3385
    Sure are a lot of new coaches in the division this year. Dallas alone had around 10 coaching changes.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well, Wentz got better receivers, so that 'excuse' was kind of legitimized unlike Dak who kept the same receivers.

I don't think Dak is nearly as bad as he was last season but I do believe he's a QB who definitely needs help to be successful.
    100%. I was proved wrong about Dak. People want to say it was Dez who regressed but from watching the games it is pretty clear that Dak was a bigger issue for the passing game IMO. This doesn't mean he can't get better, but we need to be honest about the fact that Dak likely won't be a QB who can consistently will a team to victory on his own. He will need Zeke to play very well so that he can get better windows to throw to WRs cause he can't make those accurate throws in tight windows like Romo could.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    100%. I was proved wrong about Dak. People want to say it was Dez who regressed but from watching the games it is pretty clear that Dak was a bigger issue for the passing game IMO. This doesn't mean he can't get better, but we need to be honest about the fact that Dak likely won't be a QB who can consistently will a team to victory on his own. He will need Zeke to play very well so that he can get better windows to throw to WRs cause he can't make those accurate throws in tight windows like Romo could.
    He was the # 1 ranked QB in football throwing into a tight window. Still not as good as Romo but his throwing abilities have never seemed elite . I still think his bigger issue is touch as far as throwing WR open. But the real question will always be is he good enough to lead the team he is on to a SB and for 2 years the answer is no.

Dallas was just inconsistent accross the board. Even with Elliot they lose to the Rams and Packers with Dak throwing 6 touchdown passes and 2 picks then later in the year the defense played great and it was the offense that failed both before and after Zekes return. But it wasn't really until that 8 sack Atlanta game that Dak started to play poorly. And if your believing the prayers at Valley Ranch that he lost trust in his line and it effected his machenics...that kind of supports they're claim.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    He was the # 1 ranked QB in football throwing into a tight window. Still not as good as Romo but his throwing abilities have never seemed elite . I still think his bigger issue is touch as far as throwing WR open. But the real question will always be is he good enough to lead the team he is on to a SB and for 2 years the answer is no.
    Where is this stat you speak of? I'm just curious. The one where you say dak is the #1 ranked quarterback throwing into a tight window.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Where is this stat you speak of? I'm just curious. The one where you say dak is the #1 ranked quarterback throwing into a tight window.
    Most likely this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ightwindow-qbs

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I mentioned this during the season. His receivers were also at the bottom of the barrel creating separation. And although I'm not mathematically smart enough to figure out why I'm guessing it has something to do with Daks high tight window stats. In other words other quarterbacks has less chances to put up good stats in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I mentioned this during the season. His receivers were also at the bottom of the barrel creating separation. And although I'm not mathematically smart enough to figure out why I'm guessing it has something to do with Daks high tight window stats. In other words other quarterbacks has less chances to put up good stats in that department.
    Yeah, that certainly factors into it.

What isn't entirely clear to me from reading the article is, if this stat is really only from the location data tracked by the chips, then maybe ball placement also factors into, but what wouldn't is, that maybe the throw itself might not have been the best decision. With ball placement I mean that the throw itself might only create a small window for the receiver to make the catch.

While I think Prescott is a good QB, I wouldn't rank his accuracy or ball placement as best in the league. I would expect Tom Brady to lead in such a categories. But Brady probably doesn't have the need to throw into many tight windows, for various reasons.

Dez Bryant is the 3rd best "tight-window receiver" according to the same approach:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ndow-receivers

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, that certainly factors into it.

What isn't entirely clear to me from reading the article is, if this stat is really only from the location data tracked by the chips, then maybe ball placement also factors into, but what wouldn't is, that maybe the throw itself might not have been the best decision. With ball placement I mean that the throw itself might only create a small window for the receiver to make the catch.

While I think Prescott is a good QB, I wouldn't rank his accuracy or ball placement as best in the league. I would expect Tom Brady to lead in such a categories. But Brady probably doesn't have the need to throw into many tight windows, for various reasons.
    I think the only good thing about it shows he is capable of getting the ball in there with good coverage but it also shows problems with the WR and the scheme getting separation and possibly Dak not making the right reads too often.Im guessing these are mostly short to intermediate routes so even though the coverage is there the throw is easier.