Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 223 of 226 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3385
  1. #3331
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Shady should absolutely be included in the conversation. His only downfall is that he plays on team that is rarely on tv, at least not nationally.

    I really like Dalvin Cook but I need to see how he comes back from his injury. If he comes back and plays as well as he did before the injury heíll be in the conversation too.
    Yeah but even at that, I think I'm taking Zeke over them. Really only would take Gurley and arguably Bell over Zeke.

  2. #3332
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    22,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    No both videos each show 3 defenders that had the angle on him and he out ran the angle. Probably about 99% of the RBís in the NFL get caught and tackled by those defenders. The point both videos prove is that he does have elite speed, and should definitely be seeing more opportunities in the passing game. Could Gurley and Bell have made these same plays? Absolutely, Iím just
    saying that Zeke does belong in their class. Just because he wears a Star in his helmet shouldnít exclude him from that group.
    It has nothing to do with a star on his helmet. I got him as the #4 RB, that is still elite. You say he should see more passing opportunities, well Johnson, Bell, and Gurley have already put up huge receiving stats. Something Elliot has yet to do. That is why I put those three above them. I think that reasoning is pretty simple to understand and it ism't necessary to jump to a "it's because he has a star in his helmet" conclusion.

  3. #3333
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That will never happen. As long as Jerry is alive he will continue to lead the Cowboys into mediocrity. There was a report this past week that they are even talking about extending Dez instead of moving on from him.

    If you could actually read you would see that I never said that Zeke is the best RB in the league. What I said was that heís in the same company as Bell and Gurley. You donít put up over 1,800 yards (on the ground not all purpose yards) and suck. Hell he was 17 yards short of 1,000 this past year and missed 6 games. And that was with no threat of a passing game to take the 8th man out of the box. Again the anti-Cowboy bias on this board is proven so Iím not surprised you think Zeke isnít one of the best talents in the league at RB.
    According to NextGenStats, Elliott faced 8+ defenders in the box on 35% of his runs in 2017.

    This isn't the 80s.

  4. #3334
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That will never happen. As long as Jerry is alive he will continue to lead the Cowboys into mediocrity. There was a report this past week that they are even talking about extending Dez instead of moving on from him.

    If you could actually read you would see that I never said that Zeke is the best RB in the league. What I said was that heís in the same company as Bell and Gurley. You donít put up over 1,800 yards (on the ground not all purpose yards) and suck. Hell he was 17 yards short of 1,000 this past year and missed 6 games. And that was with no threat of a passing game to take the 8th man out of the box. Again the anti-Cowboy bias on this board is proven so Iím not surprised you think Zeke isnít one of the best talents in the league at RB.
    I somehow missed this post.

    first of all, no there isn't a Dallas bias on this message board, Dallas fans are just absurdly homerish here so because we have to argue the ridiculous **** you guys spew we come off as anti Dallas.

    again, see all the nonsense you guys were talking with dak last year.

    secondly, having an 1800 yard season means nothing especially behind that line.

    demarco ****ing Murray did it. then he left Dallas and without that line he's been average AT BEST.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  5. #3335
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,850
    I remember when Dallas fans were up my *** because I said that Dak wasn't that good and Zeke was the engine that drives that offense.... Boy oh boy they look foolish after this season.

  6. #3336
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,820
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I somehow missed this post.

    first of all, no there isn't a Dallas bias on this message board, Dallas fans are just absurdly homerish here so because we have to argue the ridiculous **** you guys spew we come off as anti Dallas.

    again, see all the nonsense you guys were talking with dak last year.

    secondly, having an 1800 yard season means nothing especially behind that line.

    demarco ****ing Murray did it. then he left Dallas and without that line he's been average AT BEST.
    Come on, now, 1800 yards is not nothing. As for Murray, he was misused in Philly, but was really solid last year. Age and injuries have taken a toll on him, but it's definitely not crazy to think he's been an above average talent at the position. DeAngelo Williams almost ran for 1k at a 4.5 YPC, is that supposed to take credit away from Bell too?

  7. #3337
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    22,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Come on, now, 1800 yards is not nothing. As for Murray, he was misused in Philly, but was really solid last year. Age and injuries have taken a toll on him, but it's definitely not crazy to think he's been an above average talent at the position. DeAngelo Williams almost ran for 1k at a 4.5 YPC, is that supposed to take credit away from Bell too?
    Yup, just watching Murray you could easily tell he was a good player and not a product of the Cowboys Oline. Just like Zeke, he is obviously good but the Cowboys Oline helps a lot too.

  8. #3338
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,694
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I remember when Dallas fans were up my *** because I said that Dak wasn't that good and Zeke was the engine that drives that offense.... Boy oh boy they look foolish after this season.
    I'm not sure how. Your Writing him off after 22 wins in 2 seasons? People keep talking about his accuracy yet he finished the #1 ranked football qb in football when throwing into a tight window. Makes no sense. He may have had the worse group of WR in football this year.I don't think we have heard the last from Dak Prescot.

  9. #3339
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,694
    And Zeke averages over 100 yards a game and 1 TD every time he steps on a football field. ...lol...that's pretty impressive any way you slice it.

  10. #3340
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,381
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    And Zeke averages over 100 yards a game and 1 TD every time he steps on a football field. ...lol...that's pretty impressive any way you slice it.
    Le'Veon Bell averages almost 130 yards per game over his entire career. That's who you compared Elliott to. Nobody is denying he's a top back in the league.

  11. #3341
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I somehow missed this post.

    first of all, no there isn't a Dallas bias on this message board, Dallas fans are just absurdly homerish here so because we have to argue the ridiculous **** you guys spew we come off as anti Dallas.

    again, see all the nonsense you guys were talking with dak last year.

    secondly, having an 1800 yard season means nothing especially behind that line.

    demarco ****ing Murray did it. then he left Dallas and without that line he's been average AT BEST.
    What did I say that was ridiculous? That Zeke belongs in the same conversation as Bell and Gurley? Or that I said he has elite speed? And yes, I meant for a big back. Both of those are correct.

  12. #3342
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Yup, just watching Murray you could easily tell he was a good player and not a product of the Cowboys Oline. Just like Zeke, he is obviously good but the Cowboys Oline helps a lot too.
    No one is disputing the OL plays a huge role in Zekeís performance. Just like the Eagles great OL helped Wentz and Foles.

  13. #3343
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,694
    It's always a year to year thing just like most positions. Last year I had Zeke #2 behind bell..this year....hard to put a # on him.

  14. #3344
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,694
    For the up and coming season it's a interesting debate. He doesn't have the 400 carry curse or whatever it is. He's gonna have fresh legs and hopefully a better down the field offense and a healthy T Smith

  15. #3345
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    What did I say that was ridiculous? That Zeke belongs in the same conversation as Bell and Gurley? Or that I said he has elite speed? And yes, I meant for a big back. Both of those are correct.
    what did you say?

    did you guys really just blank out the entire previous year and all the absurd **** you were arguing about dak?

    on this board any one who didn't proclaim dak the goat rookie and an already elite QB was proclaimed a Dallas hater and it was unthinkable that his success might be because of his run game and line in front of him.

    then there was the whole "look in his eyes" nonsense.

    we literally spent months mocking the absurd **** you guys were posting because it was some serious next level nonsense
    Last edited by basch152; 02-18-2018 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •