Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 217 of 225 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3366
  1. #3241
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Absolutely.
    Not even close.

  2. #3242
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Zeke has an idiot for a HC that refuses to use him consistently in the passing game. If Zeke was given the same opportunities as Gurley hed be in the same class as him in the receiving game. The ability is there just not the opportunity. He has to actually stay on the field too.
    Eh... Gurley had 2 more yards per catch this year and his catch percentage was 5% higher as well. I definitely don't think Zeke is as good in this area, but it's not like Zeke can't catch either... Gurley is just a bit better than him at it.

  3. #3243
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Not even close.
    Bell runs a more finesse style so he doesn't show it off as much as Zeke but when Bell needs to get tough yards he is extremely powerful, he can do it all.

  4. #3244
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Absolutely.
    That's funny...I don't remember seeing too many backs that delay the whistle as long as Elliot meaning you think forward progress is stopped but the whole pile just keeps inching forward. I have to watch more of Bell that doesn't seem physically possible for that type of back.

  5. #3245
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,493
    Dallas doesn't throw to backs a whole lot. They claimed they were gonna use Zeke more in the passing game but this was a disastrous season for Zeke so who knows. Crazy how he still almost got to 1000 yards. I just see a Bo Jackson type of athlete in him. World class runner with the strength of a full back, soft hands and a mean and nasty blocker. Like I said you don't see all that stuffed into 1 player very often.

  6. #3246
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    10,242
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    That's funny...I don't remember seeing too many backs that delay the whistle as long as Elliot meaning you think forward progress is stopped but the whole pile just keeps inching forward. I have to watch more of Bell that doesn't seem physically possible for that type of back.
    In what way are Elliott and Bell different physically?

  7. #3247
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    37,200
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    In what way are Elliott and Bell different physically?
    Haha, yeah, didn't realize they are basically the same body type.

    Elliot is listed at 6'0 225lbs
    Bell is listed at 6'1 225
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  8. #3248
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Haha, yeah, didn't realize they are basically the same body type.

    Elliot is listed at 6'0 225lbs
    Bell is listed at 6'1 225
    Elliot must be on the juice, only explanation..

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  9. #3249
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    44,044
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    That's funny...I don't remember seeing too many backs that delay the whistle as long as Elliot meaning you think forward progress is stopped but the whole pile just keeps inching forward. I have to watch more of Bell that doesn't seem physically possible for that type of back.
    Bell made a lot of "business decisions" this year.

    But Bell can 100% power through. What makes Bell special in this way is he can avoid direct hits, make himself skinny, and change that a bit so he doesn't need to drive the pile like that. I saw elsewhere this idea that Bell isn't a great pass protect back too. That's insane. I can tell you things like this:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-saves-Big-Ben
    are normal for Bell. What's unusual for Bell is he can make a great chip block and still get open for a pass. This tweet is just a montage from one game of how good Bell is at pass pro:

    PROCESSING

  10. #3250
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Dallas doesn't throw to backs a whole lot. They claimed they were gonna use Zeke more in the passing game but this was a disastrous season for Zeke so who knows. Crazy how he still almost got to 1000 yards. I just see a Bo Jackson type of athlete in him. World class runner with the strength of a full back, soft hands and a mean and nasty blocker. Like I said you don't see all that stuffed into 1 player very often.
    That is quite the hype for Elliot. I don't see anything special about him. Don't get me wrong he is very good but a tier below Gurley, Bell, and Johnson for me. Zeke doesn't have world class speed and can't lineup out wide and run routes like Bell and Johnson can.

  11. #3251
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,289
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    That is quite the hype for Elliot. I don't see anything special about him. Don't get me wrong he is very good but a tier below Gurley, Bell, and Johnson for me. Zeke doesn't have world class speed and can't lineup out wide and run routes like Bell and Johnson can.
    My top 3 running backs are

    Gurley
    Bell
    Zeke

    He's in the same class as the others I think, just not quite as good.

  12. #3252
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    My top 3 running backs are

    Gurley
    Bell
    Zeke

    He's in the same class as the others I think, just not quite as good.
    Is that only because Johnson missed this past season?

  13. #3253
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    That is quite the hype for Elliot. I don't see anything special about him. Don't get me wrong he is very good but a tier below Gurley, Bell, and Johnson for me. Zeke doesn't have world class speed and can't lineup out wide and run routes like Bell and Johnson can.
    Hes averaging 105 yards a game and 1 TD...lol...That's pretty special....too lazy to look it up but I bet he's in some serious company as far as his first 22 games as a pro.
    .

  14. #3254
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,493
    4.7 yards a carry even though the whole world knows he's getting the ball...and as far as breakaway speed....That's crazy to say he doesn't have that I can't remember him ever being caught from behind ...in the open field anyway.

  15. #3255
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,493
    I think he's just scratching the surface. . People forget he may have hit 2k as a rookie. He only played a half against Detroit and not at all the last game against Philly. As a rookie? Come on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •