Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

MLB Awards races

With roughly 20 games left, who is winning the awards races of MVP/CY/RoY/MoY/Comeback player in each league? This is where I have the award standings as of September 8th (Will try to update my rankings every Friday).

NL MVP
    1. Stanton-Marlins
    2. Goldschmidt-Diamondbacks
    3. Rendon-Nationals
    4. Scherzer-Nationals
    5. Votto-Reds

AL MVP
    1. Trout-Angles
    2. Altuve-Astros
    3. Judge-Yankees
    4. Sale-Red Sox
    5. Kluber-Indians

NL Cy Young
    1. Scherzer-Nationals
    2. Greinke-Diamondbacks
    3. Kershaw-Dodgers
    4. Starsburg-Nationals
    5. Nelson-Brewers

AL Cy Young
    1. Sale-Red Sox
    2. Kluber-Indians
    3. Severino-Yankees
    4. Archer-Rays
    5. Carassaco-Indians

NL Rookie of the Year
    1. Bellinger-Dodgers
    2. Dejong-Cardinals
    3. Pina-Brewers
    4. Happ-Cubs
    5. Marquez-Rockies

AL Rookie of the Year
    1. Judge-Yankees
    2. Benintendi-Red Sox
    3. Montgomery-Yankees
    4. Zimmer-Indians
    5. Green-Yankees

NL Manager of the Year
    1. Torey Lovullo-Diamondbacks
    2. Dave Roberts-Dodgers
    3. Craig Counsell-Brewers
    4. Dusty Baker-Nationals
    5. Bud Black-Rockies

AL Manager of the Year
    1. A. J. Hinch-Astros
    2. Joe Girardi-Yankees
    3. Terry Francona-Indians
    4. Paul Molitor-Twins
    5. John Ferrell-Red Sox

NL Comeback Player
    1. Greinke-Diamondbacks
    2. Harper-Nationals
    3. Lynn-Cardinals
    4. McCutchen-Pirates
    5. Holland-Rockies

AL Comeback Player
    1. Moustakas-Royals
    2. Smoak-Blue Jays
    3. Kimbrell-Red Sox
    4. Brantley-Indians
    5. Vargas-Royals

For me, the competitions that have already been decided are both the Cy Young and Rookie of the Year awards for both leagues, as well as AL Manager of the Year. These are decided for me because of how dominant the leaders in each award have been throughout the year, they have lapped the field in some cases. That leaves both MVP's, both Comeback player awards, and the NL Manager of the Year which still hasn't been clinched by the leader.

Trout leading AL MVP is probably going to be seen as controversial, but it shouldn't be. He is, BY FAR, the best player in all of baseball let alone the American League. He's only .1 fWAR behind the AL leader, Altuve, and he's played 40 less games. This season he went to the DL for the first time in his entire career, that shouldn't exclude him from the MVP when he is so much better than everyone else, and it doesn't for me.

As for NL MVP, Stanton may not be everyone's choice either but his home run chase is really amazing. To have 51 home runs before September 1st in the post-steroid era is unimaginable, and he's sitting on 53, eight away from Maris' total. He's probably not the most productive hitter, considering what Goldy and Rendon are doing, but his home run pace is truly special. Again, the race is in no way won for him and if he falls off at the end of the season he won't finish first for me.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 09-08-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Sale does not have it locked up.

If the Twins get the wild card Molitor is my pick.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    he shouldnt even be the leader at this point and I love sale but Kluber has been better

Kluber hasn't been better.

At best for Kluber you could say even.

I'm an Indians guy, but I don't feel Kluber's 0.19 lead in ERA is enough to offset everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he shouldnt even be the leader at this point and I love sale but Kluber has been better
    By what? Besides the .2 lead in era kluber has on Sale, please tell me how Kluber has been better?

I don't think Sale he it locked up but he's been the best pitcher in baseball this season. That's not a knock on Kluber since he's been incredible too, Sale is just having a monster season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

A week ago I started this thread and this is where I believe things stand currently

NL MVP
    1. Stanton-Marlins
    2. Rendon-Nationals
    3. Goldschmidt-Diamondbacks
    4. Scherzer-Nationals
    5. Votto-Reds

AL MVP
    1. Trout-Angles
    2. Altuve-Astros
    3. Judge-Yankees
    4. Sale-Red Sox
    5. Kluber-Indians

NL Cy Young
    1. Scherzer-Nationals
    2. Greinke-Diamondbacks
    3. Kershaw-Dodgers
    4. Starsburg-Nationals
    5. Nelson-Brewers

AL Cy Young
    1. Sale-Red Sox
    2. Kluber-Indians
    3. Severino-Yankees
    4. Archer-Rays
    5. Carassaco-Indians

NL Rookie of the Year
    1. Bellinger-Dodgers
    2. Dejong-Cardinals
    3. Marquez-Rockies
    4. Pina-Brewers
    5. Happ-Cubs

AL Rookie of the Year
    1. Judge-Yankees
    2. Benintendi-Red Sox
    3. Montgomery-Yankees
    4. Chapman-Athletics
    5. Green-Yankees

NL Manager of the Year
    1. Torey Lovullo-Diamondbacks
    2. Dave Roberts-Dodgers
    3. Craig Counsell-Brewers
    4. Dusty Baker-Nationals
    5. Bud Black-Rockies

AL Manager of the Year
    1. Terry Francona-Indians
    2. A. J. Hinch-Astros
    3. Joe Girardi-Yankees
    4. Paul Molitor-Twins
    5. John Ferrell-Red Sox

NL Comeback Player
    1. Greinke-Diamondbacks
    2. Harper-Nationals
    3. Lynn-Cardinals
    4. McCutchen-Pirates
    5. Holland-Rockies

AL Comeback Player
    1. Smoak-Blue Jays
    2. Moustakas-Royals
    3. Kimbrell-Red Sox
    4. Brantley-Indians
    5. Vargas-Royals

Earlier I said the AL Manager of the Year was decided but I was wrong about that. I never expected the Indians would win the way they have. Stanton and Trout are still my MVP picks, and I really do think the Cy Young and Rookie of the Year in both leagues are already decided. By next week things should start winding down and we'll probably be able to make pretty good guesses by then.

For me it is hard to disagree with any of your picks. I might have Holland and Cutch higher for Comeback player of the year but Greinke has pitched extremely well. Might put Molitor at #2 for coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Keep telling yourself that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Keep telling yourself that lol
    He doesn't. His past several starts haven't been nearly as dominant as he has been most of the season. He's fallen off some, as he seems to do every year. He'd still be my pick, but Kluber is right there as well. If Kluber throws 3 more gems and Sale has 3 ok -good starts, Kluber could absolutely surpass him.
    And I'd say Severino is 3rd, with zero chance of passing Sale or Kluber. He's had a fantastic season as well though, very solid first half and a flat out dominant 2nd half w the exception of the 10 run game vs Boston and another outing I believe he gave up 4 or 5 runs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

To those saying Sale has the CY Young locked up, you should just stop talking baseball, period. You have no idea what you're talking about. Kluber is the one who has it locked up. He leads Sale in WAR, ERA, wins, WHIP, CG, SO, K/BB ratio, adjusted ERA+ and a bunch of other stats. Sale has 30 more Ks and 10 more IP than Kluber and Kluber missed an entire month of the season with a neck issue. I could see if this thread was dormant since June but y'all crazies are talking this nonsense in the middle of September. To say Sale has it locked up is false, 100% wrong. Kluber has it locked up, period. If it helps you sleep at night to tell yourself that Sale has it locked up, then by all means live in a fantasy world and STOP TALKING BASEBALL! Fools. Tito has Manager of the Year locked up and Jose Ramirez will win MVP. Good year to be a Tribe fan!
    One day Kyle Korver will write a book titled "I Missed: The Biggest Shot of My Life."

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    By what? Besides the .2 lead in era kluber has on Sale, please tell me how Kluber has been better?

I don't think Sale he it locked up but he's been the best pitcher in baseball this season. That's not a knock on Kluber since he's been incredible too, Sale is just having a monster season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How about you stop being lazy and use that space between your ears and those chubby fingers of yours covered in Doritos grime and do a little research. Kluber has Sale beat in all the categories that matter and most of the ones that don't. It's really not even close. After today's start, Klubers ERA is half a run better than Sales, but please do tell me how Sale is better...I'll wait...
    One day Kyle Korver will write a book titled "I Missed: The Biggest Shot of My Life."

Personally, I think Kluber wins the CY rather handily.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast