Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Mets

Reds @ Mets

Nimmo with big day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nimmo with big day!

15 to 20 some day! You heard it here first. Like the dude!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

If Nimmo can play CF next year, I think the Mets have their OF set with Cespedes, Lagares/Nimmo platoon, Conforto (when he comes back), and Aoki.

I hope Nimmo can find more pop in his bat but that said his .840 OPS at the moment is nothing to sneeze at.

Nimmo is an on base machine. He deserves Center Field next season with Juan Lagares!
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

LF: Cespedes
    CF: Nimmo/Lagares
    RF: Conforto
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Nimmo is exceptionally strong. Been saying that for a while. His swing isn't tuned for power yet, but its possible he could develop into a power hitter eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If Nimmo can play CF next year, I think the Mets have their OF set with Cespedes, Lagares/Nimmo platoon, Conforto (when he comes back), and Aoki.

I hope Nimmo can find more pop in his bat but that said his .840 OPS at the moment is nothing to sneeze at.
    If he can be a .825/.850 ops guy then great!

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    I want to see what Nimmo can do versus Cubs and Nats. I like him, but as a first rounder I expected a bit more. He's smart and disciplined - still need to see more. Very good upside. But, can he be an everyday player?

Lagares still plays as a defensive CF of the bench. He needs to develop his hitting ve righties fast.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I want to see what Nimmo can do versus Cubs and Nats. I like him, but as a first rounder I expected a bit more. He's smart and disciplined - still need to see more. Very good upside. But, can he be an everyday player?

Lagares still plays as a defensive CF of the bench. He needs to develop his hitting ve righties fast.
    In that case, I'm sure he'll foul one off his own taint and miss 28 months.

if nimmo can play cf next year, i think the mets have their of set with cespedes, lagares/nimmo platoon, conforto (when he comes back), and aoki.

I hope nimmo can find more pop in his bat but that said his .840 ops at the moment is nothing to sneeze at.
    aoki ?

Reds @ Mets

Nimmo looks good. The sample size may be small but I've always been good with a Nimmo/Lagares CF platoon.

Now with Conforto's injury it's hard to feel as comfortable overall. The team absolutely has to improve at 3rd base and one of 1B, 2B or C.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    aoki ?
    Aoki is a decent 4th OFer.

Marc Carig ✔ @MarcCarig
    I hear Infielder Phillip Evans is joining the Mets today.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Aoki is a decent 4th OFer.
    I think you advocated signing him as a FA? He is serviceable, but Nimmo brings the same On Base quality to the plate and can play CF a bit. If Nimmo steps up as a platoon option next year Aoki would be good to resign.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I think you advocated signing him as a FA? He is serviceable, but Nimmo brings the same On Base quality to the plate and can play CF a bit. If Nimmo steps up as a platoon option next year Aoki would be good to resign.
    Aoki shouldn't be in the same conversation as Nimmo. We know what Aoki's ceiling was. And at 35 or 36, he won't even be that good anymore.

We don't know what Nimmo's ceiling is. Something tells me he's going to change the conversation about him. The kid plays with a level of enthusiasm we're not used to seeing. He's an on base machine and now he's showing he's got some pop too. He's a good outfielder if not necessarily a GG caliber CFer.

He's someone to keep an eye on next season.

That gives us three previously un-thought of players heading into 2018: Rafael Montero, Kevin Plawecki, and now Brandon Nimmo. Just a damned shame we have no way of knowing what the time table is for Conforto's return. Or even after he returns how long will it take him to return to the top of his game?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast