Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Is Harden better than T-mac was?

I'm pretty sure that Harden is better but for some strange reason it doesn't feel right...

Who you got: T-mac or Harden?

The Truth Hurts.

If we are going by peak years, T-Mac.

If who I would take overall knowing injuries, etc., Harden.

T-Mac's defense wins it for me here and he would excel under today's league. KD before KD was in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post

T-Mac's defense wins it for me here and he would excel under today's league. KD before KD was in the league.
    Wasn't T-Mac a bad defender?

The Truth Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post

To add to that Mac was also more explosive then Harden.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    No lol not even close.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Rockets Tmac, yes. Magic Tmac, no.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

It depends... in dantonis system i think harden is more valuable than tmac but in just about any other system id take tmac.

Tmacs prime was frikkin ridiculous

Is Harden better than T-mac was?

I mean it's close...
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Yes. Harden was the superior scorer and playmaker. McGrady's peak season (which he sometimes gets way too much credit for on this site) is possibly better than anything Harden has accomplished, but that was one season. Harden was been remarkably consistent since coming to Houston and infinitely more efficient. Any edge McGrady gets defensively (and he was hardly spectacular), doesn't make up Harden's edge offensively in my book.

Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8:31839635
    It depends... in dantonis system i think harden is more valuable than tmac but in just about any other system id take tmac.

Tmacs prime was frikkin ridiculous
    This is what it comes down to for me. Harden as the primary ball handler is more valuable than T-Mac, but how they play in different systems could change the discussion.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I'm not a T-Mac fan. Like Kobe, I respect his work ethic and ability, and I concede that he was immensely talented, but their approach to the game (and this is more Kobe than T-Mac) was too much hero ball and ball dominant.

Harden doesn't seem that way when I watch him play. He likes to share the ball and doesn't mind other guys shooting, but statistically, I think he is as or more ball dominant (though I feel like this season was more 'Antoni's coaching that Harden, what with the move to PG).

The defense.... T-Mac was clearly a better defender. His first 9 seasons, if you averaged them out, he was posting over a steal and a block a game. That's impressive.

Offensively, and pretty much everything else goes to Harden.

He scored 29 points on 19 shots. T-Mac scored 32 on 24 during 'the year'. Literally half as many assists, and almost two fewer rebounds.

And Harden is far more efficient. Almost .500 on 2pter for his career (let alone peak seasons) to Mac .480 during his best season and .460 on his career, and Harden's 3's blow T-Mac out of the water. Also a better FT shooter. But more turnovers.

So here are the issues.

Harden: more assists, more rebounds, higher percentages.

T-Mac: clearly better defender (not not a legendary defender), doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much.

Drawing fouls? About equal, though a clear edge to Harden.

Any arguments are going to hinge on those key differences, and I think that is enough to suggest that T-Mac's prime is in the conversation.

Career stats are pointless here because TMac has his college days in the NBA and so those stats (like guys like Kobe and Garnett) drag down his averages, and TMac also had the VERY rough injury seasons that completely tanks his career stats.

So really have to look at TMac's peak (21-25) and put that against Harden's peak (23-27+?).

I think when you stretch the averages over those seasons, it becomes more of a debate.

I'm don't even know why I'm still typing because I don't even really think either player, despite their immense talents, were effective in a team setting. I'd take a health Grant Hill over either of them, or Chris Paul if we are looking at different positions.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Tmac in his prime while healthy and it is not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Tmac was always injured though, so if were talking for a few season, it's harden and I don't even think twice.

Basically, if you're talking about a 7 game series in a vacuum i go tmac easily easily, if it's a 7 game series at the end of an 80 game season, harden easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    When injuries started getting to him, yeah, he pretty much never played defense again. But when he was healthy and had those peak seasons, he was one of the better perimeter defenders. It's just a shame the guy could never stay healthy at all.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast