Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Trade Advice 2017

Need some in-put. I don't usually poll others when it comes to fantasy trades, but because this one involves Aaron Rodgers, I feel like I need to poll the room. Luck and Newton have the same bye week, so another trade would need to happen. What are your thoughts?

10-team, standard non-PPR league (Starters: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF).

I receive: QB Andrew Luck, WR Odell Beckham Jr.
    He receives: QB Aaron Rodgers, WR Brandon Marshall.

My team after:
    QB Cam Newton
    QB Andrew Luck
    WR Antonio Brown
    WR Odell Beckham Jr.
    WR Dez Bryant
    WR Sammy Watkins
    WR Corey Coleman
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    RB Joe Mixon
    RB Doug Martin
    RB Terrance West
    TE Greg Olsen
    K Matt Bryant
    DEF Minnesota
    DEF Baltimore

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

First thought was yes, but in standard I'm not so sure. It really boils down to how much you trust Luck will be back sooner rather than later. If you trust Luck will be himself within a matter of weeks, then you do the deal. If you're counting on Newton to be your starter most of the year, then you'll be in trouble. In other words, the upgrade to OBJ won't make up the difference in lost points from Rodgers.

I'm in a dynasty league and I've been offered Paul Perkins for Jamaal Charles and a future mid round pick. I'm tempted, but I have irrational love for Jamaal Charles. Anyone have an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    First thought was yes, but in standard I'm not so sure. It really boils down to how much you trust Luck will be back sooner rather than later. If you trust Luck will be himself within a matter of weeks, then you do the deal. If you're counting on Newton to be your starter most of the year, then you'll be in trouble. In other words, the upgrade to OBJ won't make up the difference in lost points from Rodgers.

I'm in a dynasty league and I've been offered Paul Perkins for Jamaal Charles and a future mid round pick. I'm tempted, but I have irrational love for Jamaal Charles. Anyone have an opinion?
    Good breakdown. I honestly don't trust Luck to come back healthy. For that matter, I don't entirely trust Newton to remain healthy either. There is always the possibility that he returns to his form from two years ago and I can shop him for some upgrades to my starters. I do think I'm best standing pat at the moment. Just needed to hear it from someone else.

I'm not sure how I feel about Perkins just yet. Limited action to go off of from last year and he didn't score a TD. He's about as unknown a fantasy commodity as there is. New York is going to throw the ball a lot. Seems like a pretty fair player for player swap to me in terms of what their final numbers would look like. I would say the trade comes down to how much you value the mid-round pick.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015