Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1373
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Observational humor that's one line and a punchline. Sounds similar to me.
    Tosh is about delivery and being vulgar and not very much on one-liners like Hedberg. Hedberg was vulgar but not to the degree Tosh is and he was very much lacked emotion in his jokes. He had more emotion than Wright does but it's a very simple almost deadpannish delivery. That's nothing like Tosh.

Observational humor with one-liners/punchlines is so broad that you could categorize a lot of comics under that description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Daniel Tosh is the master of politically incorrect humor. That's much needed today, when American society is slowly turning into the real-life version of the novel "1984".

In spite of a change in head coaches, the Bears are trying to keep DC Vic Fangio. It would be Bear-like if they lost him to the rival Packers (who recently fired Dom Capers). {LOL}

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Daniel Tosh is the master of politically incorrect humor. That's much needed today, when American society is slowly turning into the real-life version of the novel "1984".
    I doubt there is a quantitative gain in politically incorrect language. It just used to be different stuff in the past; like religion or sex that was taboo. So the change in what is politically incorrect today reflects the change in who holds political hegemony. Unsurprisingly, it's also those who are in the process of losing social status that complain about this shift the most. Oh, and many workplaces are real-life versions of 1984 anyway.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-09-2018 at 07:42 PM.

In spite of a change in head coaches, the Bears are trying to keep DC Vic Fangio. It would be Bear-like if they lost him to the rival Packers (who recently fired Dom Capers). {LOL}
    Sounds like the Bears will be able to hang onto Vic Fangio.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Holy no! They aren't remotely close. Mitch Hedberg is a one line deadpan-ish guy. Mitch Hedberg was Steven Wright.

Tosh is a much better version of Dane Cook.
    You probably know but Mitch's deadpan wasn't even intentional. Was due to stage fright.

#nflnews
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I only saw Mitch Hedberg once. But I thought he was very funny. Didn't he die of a drug overdose?

Packers hire former Browns HC Mike Pettine as defensive coordinator.

Ravens hire their ILB coach Don Martindale as defensive coordinator.

Chiefs hire their RB coach Eric Bieniemy as offensive coordinator. It is not yet clear if Bieniemy or Andy Reid will call plays.

Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell. (Some probably thought he should have been fired after the Super Bowl against New England.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    You probably know but Mitch's deadpan wasn't even intentional. Was due to stage fright.

#nflnews
    I had heard that. He was very 'shy' too from what I remember hearing. Never saw him which is unfortunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell. (Some probably thought he should have been fired after the Super Bowl against New England.)
    Bevell is underrated, especially among Seattle fans. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Carolina. We're consistently among the highest in the league at throwing in tight windows because our receivers don't get separation, but Seattle seems to have wide open busted plays every game due to scheming.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Packers hire former Browns HC Mike Pettine as defensive coordinator.
    Interesting. I think this is a good hire. Kinda weird that he was unemployed for two years.

I don't understand this move. How about firing the OL coach?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Interesting. I think this is a good hire. Kinda weird that he was unemployed for two years.

I don't understand this move. How about firing the OL coach?
    I guess Tom Cable is the front runner for their HC job lol.

I don't understand this move. How about firing the OL coach [Tom Cable]?
    They just did.

Packers hire former Dolphins HC Joe Philbin as offensive coordinator. He returns to his old job in Green Bay -- being called "offensive coordinator" while getting coffee for head coach and play-caller Mike McCarthy. Not that it's in his job description, but Philbin also looks like the bald guy from the original version of "The Hills Have Eyes".

Browns HC Hue Jackson will no longer double as the team's offensive coordinator. Interviews are underway. At least part of him got fired.

Saints G Andrus Peat on IR with ligament damage. The good news is that the damage is not career ending.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 01-10-2018 at 06:42 PM.

They just did.
    DC Kris Richard out, too.

DC Kris Richard out, too.
    Holy ****! They're cleaning house lol

Browns fired Ryan Grigson.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Browns fired Ryan Grigson.
    Also hire Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith, who apparently left Green Bay after not getting the promotion to GM.

Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast