Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    In 1935 somebody from my relatively backwater hometown made the cover of Time Magazine for deciphering ancient Egyptian tablets. That, and the band Cheap Trick is from Rockford IL too (who would be one of my favorites even if they were from somewhere else).

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Iím sorry but what Kaep did had a far larger rippling effect. GQs Citizen of the Year is about much more than the dollar signs attached to your cause. Itís about what your cause is, how lasting the impact is, and the effect on the nation. Long effected a few people, Watt effect a city, Kaep effected a nation.

And I would be willing to guess the people Kaep was in the final consideration with are people that have nothing to do with sports and you might not ever heard of.
    13 million displaced by the hurricane in Houston totaling over 180 billion in damages. JJ Watt raises over 37 million for relief efforts for all people that were hit by the storm...

Kaepernick kneels in protest of unfair treatment of colored people... what impact did this actually have other than dividing people?

Which citizen single handedly HELPED the public more in a crisis?

Anyone pissed off at JJ Watt?
    Last edited by Bosston; 11-14-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    13 million displaced by the hurricane in Houston totaling over 180 billion in damages. JJ Watt raises over 37 million for relief efforts for all people that were hit by the storm...

Kaepernick kneels in protest of unfair treatment of colored people... what impact did this actually have other than dividing people?

Bingo

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Watt didn't do anything single handed, he literally raised donations. I'm sure he probably donated his own money, but fundraising for a disaster isn't the same. He's a great guy doing great things, but I'm not going to spread the Fox News hate because he didn't win.

FWIW Kaep donated nearly a million of his own money while he's jobless and has been doing a lot for his community. He also is teaching kids their rights which is pretty awesome as well.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Surprised that JJ Watt didn't win GQ citizen of the year... the guy just raised 37 million, no big deal.
    They picked him for pub and selling isle copies. It's ****ing genius.

Who knew they even had this?
    NOBODY
    who knows now?

****ing Hitler won Time's twice ffs. Now that is something to discuss.

Hitler one Stalin twice. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Watt didn't do anything single handed, he literally raised donations. I'm sure he probably donated his own money, but fundraising for a disaster isn't the same. He's a great guy doing great things, but I'm not going to spread the Fox News hate because he didn't win.

FWIW Kaep donated nearly a million of his own money while he's jobless and has been doing a lot for his community. He also is teaching kids their rights which is pretty awesome as well.
    Amen.

PROCESSING

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    They picked him for pub and selling isle copies. It's ****ing genius.

Who knew they even had this?
    NOBODY
    who knows now?

****ing Hitler won Time's twice ffs. Now that is something to discuss.
    Ding ding. And people get pissed and spout off about it everywhere. Will probably be their best selling issue this year

Only Houstonians, not Puerto Ricans. If Kaepernick is a racist for focusing on injustice faced by black people, then so is Watt.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Hitler one Stalin twice. My bad
    Get it right!
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-15-2017 at 03:38 AM.

Tyrod benched. Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Tyrod benched. Huh?
    About 3 weeks earlier than expected.

But 2 games back, offense struggling, you don't have a long term investment in Taylor, and you got a rookie in Peterson that you need to see what he can do. So not super shocking.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Only Houstonians, not Puerto Ricans. If Kaepernick is a racist for focusing on injustice faced by black people, then so is Watt.

Get it right!
    Wasn't aware that only white people live in Houston.

Hitler and Stalin winning Time Magazine awards was based on how newsworthy they were, not for being good people. For you young people, a magazine is like when somebody takes part of the internet and prints it out. (I got that joke from last night's Tosh.0 episode.)

Wasn't aware that only white people live in Houston.
    Oh dear lord give it a rest. It's not a race issue. You've tried to make it that from the first comment you made on this.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Oh dear lord give it a rest. It's not a race issue. You've tried to make it that from the first comment you made on this.
    It's not a race issue... it's another PC left wing knob slobber, much much worse.

Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast