Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 918
  1. #766
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    41,595
    Packers cut TE Martellus Bennett

    PROCESSING

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,791
    The tank is on in Green Bay?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    2,506
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Packers cut TE Martellus Bennett

    Patriots sign him and he goes off..............


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    2,852
    Martellus Bennett might have played his last game. This was going to be his last season anyway, and he has a shoulder injury. Plus he has post-NFL career aspirations -- writing an animated sitcom.

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    66,421
    He sucked anyways.

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,075
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    You're only thinking about it from the football side. Kap is the face of the protests that a large portion of the NFL's target market hates. That alone is, IMO, a valid enough business reason not to sign him. IDK how anyone can really argue an owner who says no to him on the basis of that.


    There seems to be more consternation about them not signing him, right? I think it's a bigger media storm to not sign him and now, with the lawsuit, it may even carry legal repercussions. So not a only do they not avoid a media circus but they also keep a ****** product on the field.

    Even if there is a sizable portion of fans opposed to the protests (for reasons only God knows) there is another sizable group that is in favor of them. That group outsizes the ones against them I'd imagine too.

    Reporter: What happened Dak?

    Dak: I don't know, they were everywhere. I'd throw, they would intercept it. I'd try to run, they were right there. I'd look up, there they were. It's not fair. I miss my Zeke, I can't do this without him. They were right, all of them, they were all right. Wentz IS better than me.

  7. #772
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    8,805
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    You're only thinking about it from the football side. Kap is the face of the protests that a large portion of the NFL's target market hates. That alone is, IMO, a valid enough business reason not to sign him. IDK how anyone can really argue an owner who says no to him on the basis of that.
    Yeah, many Texans fans wouldn't appreciate it.

    However, it would be one team taking the onus for the whole league. They share revenue anyway and I very much doubt Houston's stadium would be empty -- at least not any less empty than if you had Savage starting. The owners could use a potential Kaepernick signing as leverage in negotiations with the protesting players.

    Maybe a deal could be struck something like this:
    - Every player has to stand during the anthem.
    - Players are allowed to make a short statement before or after the anthem is played. They'd have to keep it respectful -- no foul language, etc. -- but otherwise the message is their choice.
    - Kaepernick gets signed to a one time exceptional deal that doesn't affecting the team's salary cap.
    - Kaepernick has to drop his collusion suit but will receive money equal to what he could have earned this season in return (I'm thinking Cutler's $10M), plus maybe a league donation to charities of his choice.

    Some fans will probably still be upset about players getting to make a statement because it would be the opposite of sticking to sports, but at least nobody gets their feelings hurt over supposed disrespect of the flag, the nation, or the troops.

  8. #773
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    2,852
    Colts release CB Vontae Davis.

    Colts place DE5 Henry Anderson on IR.

    Bengals OT Jake Fisher has a medical condition -- an irregular heartbeat -- rather than what you would call an illness (as previously reported).

  9. #774
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Even if there is a sizable portion of fans opposed to the protests (for reasons only God knows) there is another sizable group that is in favor of them. That group outsizes the ones against them I'd imagine too.
    I'm not really in favor of using the anthem to protest, but I really don't care who does and who doesn't. I'm also tired of hearing about it. But I think the players who did the PSA about thanking the soldiers who help give them the right to protest are being sincere, although the owners and/or Goodell had them do it for a PR move.

    I would rather the players wait until the offseason and meet with police department chiefs about racist cops. That way something might actually be done about it, and I wouldn't have this story rammed down my throat every two minutes.

    QB_Eagles
    Kaepernick gets signed to a one time exceptional deal that doesn't affecting the team's salary cap.
    I don't like that idea. If somebody's on the roster, you have to stick to the cap rules.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 11-09-2017 at 11:31 AM.

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    You're only thinking about it from the football side. Kap is the face of the protests that a large portion of the NFL's target market hates. That alone is, IMO, a valid enough business reason not to sign him. IDK how anyone can really argue an owner who says no to him on the basis of that.
    It's mind boggling how people don't get it. It's a very simple concept.

    I own a business, my goal is to make money.

    Why hire someone who will potentially be the reason I lose clients and money?

    For political correctness? HA!

    This is a business, not a democratic ploy to find more votes.
    Last edited by Bosston; 11-09-2017 at 12:57 PM.

  11. #776
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    It's mind boggling how people don't get it. It's a very simple concept.

    I own a business, my goal is to make money.

    Why hire someone who will potentially be the reason I lose clients and money?

    For political correctness? HA!

    This is a business, not a democratic ploy to find more votes.
    The above is the leading contender for PSD post of the day. You hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer. CK screwed himself, whether you agree with his protest or not. He will always be known as the anthem protest guy, whether he finds a roster spot or not (and there's a good chance he won't). It's possible that his only choice football-wise is the CFL because it's in a foreign country. And even that's not much of an option because a league where the offense only gets three downs (including punts/FGs) doesn't fit his style of play.

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    It's mind boggling how people don't get it. It's a very simple concept.

    I own a business, my goal is to make money.

    Why hire someone who will potentially be the reason I lose clients and money?

    For political correctness? HA!

    This is a business, not a democratic ploy to find more votes.
    hahahahahaha! yes yes....

  13. #778
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    8,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    It's mind boggling how people don't get it. It's a very simple concept.

    I own a business, my goal is to make money.

    Why hire someone who will potentially be the reason I lose clients and money?

    For political correctness? HA!

    This is a business, not a democratic ploy to find more votes.
    If Jerry Jones and Papa John are to be believed -- and why wouldn't you believe them given their splendid reputation -- the anthem protests are what's causing the loss in clients and money. Kaepernick said he would stand for the anthem going forward. So him getting signed could very much cause an anthem protest "cease fire". As I said, the one team signing him would possibly face some backlash but the whole league would benefit, and they share revenue anyway.

    As an NFL owner would you be interested in winning football games apart from gaining clients and earning money? If the Texans owner was interested in winning he would give the go ahead to sign Kaepernick instead of starting Savage. But he's clueless like an inmate running a prison.

    The NFL's inertia on this issue is what got them into this situation in the first place. Maybe they should have diverted their focus a little bit from only making money.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-09-2017 at 02:23 PM.

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If Jerry Jones and Papa John are to be believed -- and why wouldn't you believe them given their splendid reputation -- the anthem protests are what's causing the loss in clients and money. Kaepernick said he would stand for the anthem going forward. So him getting signed could very much cause an anthem protest "cease fire". As I said, the one team signing him would possibly face some backlash but the whole league would benefit, and they share revenue anyway.

    As an NFL owner would you be interested in winning football games apart from gaining clients and earning money? If the Texans owner was interested in winning he would give the go ahead to sign Kaepernick instead of starting Savage. But he's clueless like an inmate running a prison.

    The NFL's inertia on this issue is what got them into this situation in the first place. Maybe they should have diverted their focus a little bit from only making money.
    Distractions are never good for a team and organization. You're going to have a few fans that support and a few fans that disagree... now you're causing conflict between fans. NFL offenses take a bit to learn too, being comfortable with receivers, etc. When was the last time he played?

    Look how the Patriots are run... you become a distraction you get shipped off to Cleveland and we never hear from you again. No distractions, no problems... more focus is put on the team. Simple.

  15. #780
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    8,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Distractions are never good for a team and organization. You're going to have a few fans that support and a few fans that disagree... now you're causing conflict between fans. NFL offenses take a bit to learn too, being comfortable with receivers, etc. When was the last time he played?
    Not nearly as long ago as the QB they actually signed.

    You've just changed your argument. Assuming signing Kaepernick would end the anthem protests -- would it be a good for business or not?

Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •