Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,013 of 1013
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I guess I was wrong. If I was a former/budding GM, I wouldn't want that job if I'm being forced by Jimmy Haslam to keep Hue Jackson. That smacks of Jerry Jones power trip type of ownership to me. Lovie Smith got fired after going 10-6 in his last season in Chicago, and Jackson's still not gone after possibly going 1-31.
    Early reports say Hue Jackson will stay. But Once the Browns hire a new VP/GM he will have a lot of say in what happens with Jackson also. Depends Who is available to replace him also. He will have to give up play calling duties though.

Believe it or not the Browns are in a good spot right now. They have Some good young players to build with, About 100 million in cap lol, A lot of early draft picks including 2 in the top 10. Its important for them to land a QB. Rosen seems like the man. make other good picks and Attack Free agency. Josh Gordon hopefully stays out of trouble and honestly the browns could do some winning next season.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Early reports say Hue Jackson will stay. But Once the Browns hire a new VP/GM he will have a lot of say in what happens with Jackson also. Depends Who is available to replace him also. He will have to give up play calling duties though.

Believe it or not the Browns are in a good spot right now. They have Some good young players to build with, About 100 million in cap lol, A lot of early draft picks including 2 in the top 10. Its important for them to land a QB. Rosen seems like the man. make other good picks and Attack Free agency. Josh Gordon hopefully stays out of trouble and honestly the browns could do some winning next season.
    I agree. Hopefully they stop acting like the Browns and fix it. Offensively they have a lot of good young talent. Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, David Njoku, Duke Johnson, and Isiah Crowell are good weapons to build around. The o-line is solid if Joe Thomas returns. On defense Myles Garrett, Emmanuel Ogbah, Danny Shelton, Jamie Collins, and Christian Kirksey are pretty good players. Plus the draft capital they have is amazing. 2 top 10 picks plus 3 second round picks. Potentially 5 new starters via the draft plus the boat load of cash you have. The Browns might go winless this season but if they get things right in the FO they can make some serious noise in the upcoming years. This all sounds like typical Browns talk but getting in a good GM like Dorsey would be a pretty good start. I like Dorsey for the job considering his eye for evaluating talent in the draft.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

We've got our #1 overall pick and the Texans #1 pick in the draft. NO MATTER WHAT WE NEED TO ADDRESS OUR QB SITUATION WITH OUR FIRST PICK.

I want Rosen but he just refuted the claim that he was entering the NFL Draft, so we're not sure if he's gonna stay another year at UCLA or not.

As already listed we have a ton of young talent on both sides of the ball. I'm willing to give Hue another year because of the trash situation he was given but he has shown some really ugly warts this year.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Rosen could win a title with Chip. Just saying. Would be fun to watch.

So here's one of those "leaks" that a side usually puts out to make itself look better:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde..._carson_w.html

When Jackson and then assistant head coach/offense Pep Hamilton worked out Wentz privately before the draft, they were blown away -- and instantly sold on him as their quarterback of the future, the sources said.

They had sent Wentz a package of plays the day before, and when they put him on the board to diagram them, he had memorized everything -- something no one else they worked out privately was able to do, especially not so quickly.

[...]

Jackson was also the only NFL head coach to attend Wentz's Pro Day at North Dakota State because of a blizzard that kept most away. There, Jackson, Hamilton and Browns Vice President of Player Personnel Andrew Berry had an up-close and personal look at Wentz, and put him through the paces.

Hamilton, like he had done with Goff, squirted the ball with water and did other things to make sure he was right for the AFC North. His first throw of the wet ball was a duck, but he aced everything else about the workout.

So why didn't the Browns draft Wentz, who's in the running for NFL MVP and has the Eagles at 10-1 this season heading into today's game against the Seahawks?

As everyone knows by now, the Browns' front office had determined that Wentz wasn't going to be a top-20 quarterback, which Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta revealed in an interview with ESPN Cleveland before the 2016 season.

[...]

One source said the new Browns front office always intended to trade that No. 2 pick because they needed so many players, and that there was talk of it as early as January.

When the Browns played the Eagles in the 2016 opener -- a 29-10 beatdown by Philly -- Jackson felt he got a chilly reception before the game from Wentz because of the snub and the "not top 20" comment, sources said.

As for Hamilton, who doubled as the Browns' QB coach, he left Cleveland after the 2016 season and took over as Michigan's passing game coordinator, dismayed that the Browns were so far off on their QB evaluations that season, sources said.

Browns hire former Chiefs GM John Dorsey as GM.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I agree. Hopefully they stop acting like the Browns and fix it. Offensively they have a lot of good young talent. Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, David Njoku, Duke Johnson, and Isiah Crowell are good weapons to build around. The o-line is solid if Joe Thomas returns. On defense Myles Garrett, Emmanuel Ogbah, Danny Shelton, Jamie Collins, and Christian Kirksey are pretty good players. Plus the draft capital they have is amazing. 2 top 10 picks plus 3 second round picks. Potentially 5 new starters via the draft plus the boat load of cash you have. The Browns might go winless this season but if they get things right in the FO they can make some serious noise in the upcoming years. This all sounds like typical Browns talk but getting in a good GM like Dorsey would be a pretty good start. I like Dorsey for the job considering his eye for evaluating talent in the draft.
    I don't know much about Dorsey but from what im hearing he's pretty good at drafting so im happy about that. But you are right Cleveland's been down this road before having cap space and high picks. They need to get this right.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    [The Browns] need to get this right.
    Or at least not be an automatic win on everybody's schedule. Crawling before walking.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768