Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

2017 Season News Thread

2017 Season News Thread: for general NFL news. This is to replace the off-season news thread (but it's the moderators' decision to close threads).

Patriots #3 WR Malcolm Mitchell out at least eight weeks.

Jets release FB Julian Howsare and sign slot WR Jeremy Kerley, as they revert back to a relatively heavy 3-WR offense.

The Chiefs have released CJ Spiller during cutdowns on Saturday, then re-signed him Sunday, then cut him again Tuesday.

The most likely explanation for those moves is that they wanted to keep nickel corner Steven Nelson among the 53 to put him on IR without having to go through waivers, and have cut Spiller again because his salary would otherwise be guaranteed for the year if he played in the first regular season game. Instead they now have the option of releasing him when Spencer Ware gets back healthy and would only have to pay Spiller for the games he played.

Right now, beside their FB, they only have RBs Charcandrick West and Kareem Hunt on the roster; not to be confused with Akeem Hunt who is on their practice squad.

Spiller must probably feel like the protagonist in a Kafka novel a little bit.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-07-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Bengals and LB Vontaze Burfict agree to a 3 year ~$39 mil contract extension

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Kareem Hunt on the roster; not to be confused with Akeem Hunt who is on their practice squad.
    I can only imagine who on PSD would be at risk for confusing Kareem Hunt with any other player.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Eric Berry torn achilles

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Kareem Hunt on the roster; not to be confused with Akeem Hunt who is on their practice squad.
    I can only imagine who on PSD would be at risk for confusing Kareem Hunt with any other player.
    There not twins that's for sure but I think everyone knew Hunt will have games like this, just not his very first game as a pro against NE.

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

What?

I saw a Texans fan go why did we cut Akeem last night after Kareem scored online haha.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Eric Berry torn achilles
    A huge loss for the Chiefs

Texans OT Duane Brown says he will not hold out the whole season, but doesn't know when he will be back. Rams star DT Aaron Donald is also holding out.

It's ridiculous to sit out like they are doing. Being healthy enough to play is a precious thing that should never be wasted. Basically, Brown and Donald are suspending themselves {LOL}.

NFL Suspends Kicker Josh Brown for 6 Games

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...e-accusations/

Seems like they are just trying to make sure that Ezekiel Elliott couldn't use it as evidence that the league is unfair haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    NFL Suspends Kicker Josh Brown for 6 Games

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...e-accusations/

Seems like they are just trying to make sure that Ezekiel Elliott couldn't use it as evidence that the league is unfair haha
    I mean....the guy's career is over anyways so what's the big deal.

PROCESSING

In a surprising development, Mike Hilton, an undrafted rookie out of Mississippi, has replaced William Gay as the nickelback for the Steelers. Of course, they can always go back to Gay if Hilton can't handle it.

We won't. Gay is going to be the Dime/backup FS. He's toast as a player.

PROCESSING

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast