Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

2017-18 Training Camp/Preseason

Figure with how long the Off-season thread is getting it'd be a good idea to start a training camp thread.

Here's some info and the roster for camp:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flye...rs/c-290900918

We're less than a week away from rookie camp and about a week from training camp.

Let's get excited!

Somewhat noteworthy, btw, that no PTO will be on the roster, outside of Kosorenkov who is hoping to earn a contract after being with the team in rookie camp.

Hextall doesn't want to block the kids and he's sticking to his word.

good to hear and it was only a matter of time he was going to do this. ^^

A few articles floating out there about Giroux, sounds like he's determined to have a big year. Saw a line somewhere that said he wants to be an 80 point player this season.

I don't know if he has that in him anymore, but we all know an angry, determined G is usually a damn good G. Hopefully he can at least get back to being good at 5v5.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the lack of a PTO defensemen in camp.

I've said it before, If Giroux returns to a pt/game player this team is a legitimate threat to the east.

I say that because he's already performing on the power play about as well as anyone can, so most of the additional points would have to come at even strength. Thus making the Flyers an above average even strength team.

Pair that with the deadly first unit power play, the natural progression of the youngsters, the natural improvement by having better defensemen, better forward depth, and something close to league average goaltending. To jump from 88 to 98 points wouldn't be a reach.

There went any hope I had for Stolarz being the startingt goalie at any point this season. Out for season for a knee injury.

He shouldn't miss the season. He'll miss a chunk of it, but not the whole thing. Meniscus tears aren't as serious as ligament tears.

It's a tough break for him, though, for sure.

Lines at rookie camp today:

Bunnaman-Patrick-Salinitri
    Lindblom-Rubtsov-Laberge
    Twarynski-Vorobyov-Kosorenkov
    Ratcliffe-Frost-Sushko/Strome
    NAK-Vech-Fazzy

That 2nd line is pure filth. Curious to see if they just roll with these on Wednesday or if they juggle them a bit.
    Last edited by phillyeaglesman; 09-11-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Lines at rookie camp today:

Bunnaman-Patrick-Salinitri
    Lindblom-Rubtsov-Laberge
    Twarynski-Vorobyov-Kosorenkov
    Ratcliffe-Frost-Sushko/Strome
    NAK-Vech-Fazzy

That 2nd line is pure filth. Curious to see if they just roll with these on Wednesday or if they juggle them a bit.
    I love everything about that second line -- talk about talent.

No real coverage on day 1 ... heard Patrick, Lindblom, Vechionne, Sanheim, Morin, and Myers all stood out ... all being older guys, no surprise

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    No real coverage on day 1 ... heard Patrick, Lindblom, Vechionne, Sanheim, Morin, and Myers all stood out ... all being older guys, no surprise

Charlie talked to Myers, Lindblom and I think Patrick so I'm curious what he talked to them about, his article comes out today though I don't have a subscription to the Athletic so I may not be able to read it.

The older guys and Patrick standing out isn't a big story but it's good news. They should stand out. I think many of the writers were likely focused on Patrick and those guys anyway, so I'm sure other guys played well but just weren't given the same amount of attention.

I'm thinking some different names pop up today and especially in the game Wednesday night. Pretty pumped for that, not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Charlie talked to Myers, Lindblom and I think Patrick so I'm curious what he talked to them about, his article comes out today though I don't have a subscription to the Athletic so I may not be able to read it.

The older guys and Patrick standing out isn't a big story but it's good news. They should stand out. I think many of the writers were likely focused on Patrick and those guys anyway, so I'm sure other guys played well but just weren't given the same amount of attention.

I'm thinking some different names pop up today and especially in the game Wednesday night. Pretty pumped for that, not gonna lie.
    keep us posted. Pumped for the content to flow

So slight change to the lines today: NAK replaces Salinitri on Patrick line.

Outside of that, everything else status quo.

D pairs, like yesterday, have been rotating due to 7 D men being in camp.

Given that things stayed relatively the same I'd guess these will be the lines heading into tomorrow for the Rookie Game.

That Rubtsov line just oozes talent, man.

Rubtsov did this today going up against Carson Twarynski:

https://twitter.com/davegisaac/statu...37528123101184

Love him.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast