Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bruins 2017/2018 Pre-season and Rookie Camp Thread

Title says it all. The future B's are off to Buffalo for a tournament w/ PIT, BUF & NJD. Here is the schedule as well as the prospects that will be going to the tournament

Friday, September 8 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)

-Boston morning skate, 9 a.m.

-Boston vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.

-Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.

Saturday, September 9 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)

-Boston morning skate, 10:30 a.m.

-New Jersey vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.

-Boston vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.

Sunday, September 10 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)

-Boston practice, 12:30 p.m.

Monday, September 11 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)

-Boston morning skate, 10 a.m.

-Boston vs. New Jersey, 12 p.m.

-Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.

Forwards: Anders Bjork, Shawn Boudrias*, Jake DeBrusk, Ryan Fitzgerald, Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson, Jesse Gabrielle, Alex Gacek*, James Hamblin*, Danton Heinen, Justin Hickman, Joona Koppanen, Sean Kuraly, Cedric Pare, Zach Senyshyn, Oskar Steen, Jack Studnicka

Defensemen: Victor Berglund, Connor Clifton*, Matt Grzelcyk, Owen Headrick*, Emil Johansson, Jeremy Lauzon, Charlie McAvoy, Rob O'Gara, Ethan Sakowich*, Jakub Zboril

Goaltenders: Kyle Keyser*, Luke Richardson*

*Denotes player attending rookie camp on an invite basis

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Will any of these games be streamed?

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Will any of these games be streamed?
    Was wondering the same thing. I can't imagine it'd be televised so I'm going to have to pop onto Kodi and see if anyone streams it.

Not sure what you guys use for usual streaming outlets, but you can look for them on reddit too. Reddit has some decent links.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Not sure what you guys use for usual streaming outlets, but you can look for them on reddit too. Reddit has some decent links.
    Yeah I follow the...probably getting the name wrong....NHLstreams on Reddit. I'll have to check that.

Yeah I follow the...probably getting the name wrong....NHLstreams on Reddit. I'll have to check that.
    I've been using Kodi on my firestick. It great because I get AHL games + CHL games....basically any game around the world that is televising a game I get lol.

Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver
    No McAvoy, Bjork, Debrusk, O'Gara today, Leach said
    3 guys I really wanted to see wont be playing today lol. Divver did mention one line combo that we'll see

Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver
    Studnicka centering Heinen & Senyshyn today, per Leach

Zboril and Studnicka look good. Zboril seems to be staying within his lanes and having good positioning. A few big hits and some solid puck movement for Zboril.

So I only saw bits and pieces of the 2nd, 3rd and OT but these we're a few things I noticed...

Studnicka is the real deal. Watching him play (skating/vision in particular) he looks like he's advanced for his group. In the brief moments I could watch the game, I always heard about Studnicka doing something. Its funny but the guy I'd compare him to is Krejci. Boston has it's future Bergy/Krejci duo in JFK/Studnicka. I wouldn't be shocked to see Studnicka have a breakout year and go pro after this season. Imagine going into the 2018 opener with a down the middle of

Bergeron
    Krejci
    JFK
    Studnicka

^That would be some serious depth top to bottom and pretty much would shore up the middle.

Next thing I noticed was the play of JFK when the game was on the line. He was so calm and understood the situation. He battled guys for pucks and was strong on the forecheck. I missed his goal, but he look smooth in the o-zone as well.

Senyshyn was a bit of a disappointment. You could see his speed against his peers and he's very fast. He did seem to get knocked off the puck easily or just struggled handling the puck. I'm hoping it was just first game jitters.

Gabrielle (and I've said this before) could be a darkhorse to make the team. His OT winner was a full effort end to end. To botch a breakaway and then hustle back to backcheck, force a TO that leads to a 2-1 and finally score, it was amazing to see. He's got some attitude in his game and could be a Little Ball of Hate 2.0
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 09-08-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Studnicka really picked it up at the end of the season for Oshawa, I believe someone was traded that opened up more time for him (Cirelli??). After that, he took off and was very productive in the playoffs. He was also named captain of Oshawa for this upcoming season.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Studnicka really picked it up at the end of the season for Oshawa, I believe someone was traded that opened up more time for him (Cirelli??). After that, he took off and was very productive in the playoffs. He was also named captain of Oshawa for this upcoming season.
    Ya he just blew me away. Now I understand it's just prospects, but to see him play like that against his peers makes you feel like he's going to be something good for us.

Man now I can't get the idea of Bergy/Krejci/JFK/Studnicka being our centers for the 2019 season. We could potentially have a 4 skilled line team depending on how other prospects pan out.

Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver

Studnicka centering Debrusk & Bjork tonite
    Well that should be a fun line to watch lol

I liked the Zboril-McAvoy pairing the other night. Zboril is playing well, obviously being over-shadowed by McAvoy being a stud, but I think we see Zboril push for a spot out of camp. He might get sent to providence for a stretch at the beginning of the year and be one of the first guys called up.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I liked the Zboril-McAvoy pairing the other night. Zboril is playing well, obviously being over-shadowed by McAvoy being a stud, but I think we see Zboril push for a spot out of camp. He might get sent to providence for a stretch at the beginning of the year and be one of the first guys called up.
    I think O'Gara will get a look over him because he had a very solid year for Providence. Zboril could use a year in Providence and refine his game a bit. I'm still super high on Zboril obviously - some people are not for some reason.

Haters gonna hate

Not sure what's up with NJD prospects, but B's prospects are steam rolling them right now 8-1 lol. Henien w/ a Hat Trick, Gabrielle working on the Gordie Howe (just needs a fight)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast