Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Overachievers 2017 edition

We have a thread for who's going to underachieve, so who do you think will overachieve this year?

PROCESSING

Overachieve:

Cleveland will be somewhat competitive. I predict they'll go 6-10, which is a vast improvement for them.

The Bills will be more competitive than they are given credit for by most media outlets. They traded away Watkins but it's not like he played much for them anyway and Matthews should be a good replacement for him giving them similar production. They still have Tyrod Taylor and Shady McCoy on offense and still have a solid defense. I can see them going 8-8 or 9-7.

San Francisco won't be as bad as they were last year. Hoyer, if he can stay healthy, is an OK starter and their defense should be decent too. I think 6-10 or 7-9 for them too.

I'm going to pick one per division as in the other thread.

NFC North: Bears. They have two components of a good team, a good interior OL and run game, as well as a good pass rush. This is still going to be a rebuilding year for them but I think they could win 6+ games instead of the 3 or 4 that is usually predicted for them. Trubisky will likely start the end of the season and give Chicago hope for 2018.

NFC West: Rams. Too many people have written off Jared Goff as a bust. Yet this is the first time in years that the team has a capable offensive staff, who are finally going to put the talent they have on that side of the ball to good use. Replacing Greg Robinson with Andrew Whitworth is going to make a big difference. With Wade Philips I don't think the defense is going to fall off much and continue to be a strength.

NFC East: Redskins. People are predicting them to have a losing record but in my opinion they are still at least an average team. I think they'll hover around that .500 mark, with 9-7 a possibility.

NFC South: Saints. Sean Payton has sneakily assembled a good team after finishing 7-9 the last three years. I think they could win the division, but it's going to be quite the brawl as all four teams are good. They might end up at 7-9 again, but I think they'll be in the mix until the end.

AFC West: Chargers. People haven't seen how much talent this team has, because they suffered a ridiculous number of injuries the past two seasons. They were an even more outrageous 1-8 in one-score games last season. If they had won 5 of those, their winning record would have been 9-7. I think similar to the NFC South, that there is going to be quite the contest for the division, with all four good AFC West teams beating up on each other. 9-7 might win the division.

AFC North: Browns, or I should say DeShone Kizer. I don't see the team winning more than 5 games, but they do have a very good OL and running game, as well as decent receiving talent, which is an ideal situation for a rookie QB. I think the Browns will play two types of games this season: ones they have a small chance of winning, where they rely heavily on the run game and play action, or games where they get blown out. Both scenarios mean good stats for the QB.

AFC South: Titans. But I guess they are not a hot pick anymore. Still, I've seen power rankings placing them outside of the Top 10, whereas I believe Tennessee is going to be one of the best teams in the NFL this year.

AFC East: Bills. Going back to a 4-3 defense will be huge for them. They had no changes to their OL and had the best rushing attack in the NFL last year with LeSean McCoy only missing one game. If he can stay healthy they will again be very strong in that regard. Tyrod Taylor is an above-average QB. The team might not make the playoffs, but they are far from tanking.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-07-2017 at 03:41 PM.

My 3 biggest overachievers:

Chargers
    Saints
    Eagles

All 3 will make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm going to pick one per division as in the other thread.

NFC North: Bears. They have two components of a good team, a good interior OL and run game, as well as a good pass rush. This is still going to be a rebuilding year for them but I think they could win 6+ games instead of the 3 or 4 that is usually predicted for them. Trubisky will likely start the end of the season and give Chicago hope for 2018.

NFC West: Rams. Too many people have written off Jared Goff as a bust. Yet this is the first time in years that the team has a capable offensive staff, who are finally going to put the talent they have on that side of the ball to good use. Replacing Greg Robinson with Andrew Whitworth is going to make a big difference. With Wade Philips I don't think the defense is going to fall off much and continue to be a strength.

NFC East: Redskins. People are predicting them to have a losing record but in my opinion they are still at least an average team. I think they'll hover around that .500 mark, with 9-7 a possibility.

NFC South: Saints. Sean Payton has sneakily assembled a good team after finishing 7-9 the last three years. I think they could win the division, but it's going to be quite the brawl as all four teams are good. They might end up at 7-9 again, but I think they'll be in the mix until the end.

AFC West: Chargers. People haven't seen how much talent this team has, because they suffered a ridiculous number of injuries the past two seasons. They were an even more outrageous 1-8 in one-score games last season. If they had won 5 of those, their winning record would have been 9-7. I think similar to the NFC South, that there is going to be quite the contest for the division, with all four good AFC West teams beating up on each other. 9-7 might win the division.

AFC North: Browns, or I should say DeShone Kizer. I don't see the team winning more than 5 games, but they do have a very good OL and running game, as well as decent receiving talent, which is an ideal situation for a rookie QB. I think the Browns will play two types of games this season: ones they have a small chance of winning, where they rely heavily on the run game and play action, or games where they get blown out. Both scenarios mean good stats for the QB.

AFC South: Titans. But I guess they are not a hot pick anymore. Still, I've seen power rankings placing them outside of the Top 10, whereas I believe Tennessee is going to be one of the best teams in the NFL this year.

AFC East: Bills. Going back to a 4-3 defense will be huge for them. They had no changes to their OL and had the best rushing attack in the NFL last year with LeSean McCoy only missing one game. If he can stay healthy they will again be very strong in that regard. Tyrod Taylor is an above-average QB. The team might not make the playoffs, but they are far from tanking.
    That wouldnt be overacheiving as far as Redskin fans are concerned. Were mostly expecting anywhere in the range of 15-16 wins

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Overachieve:

Cleveland will be somewhat competitive. I predict they'll go 6-10, which is a vast improvement for them.

The Bills will be more competitive than they are given credit for by most media outlets. They traded away Watkins but it's not like he played much for them anyway and Matthews should be a good replacement for him giving them similar production. They still have Tyrod Taylor and Shady McCoy on offense and still have a solid defense. I can see them going 8-8 or 9-7.

San Francisco won't be as bad as they were last year. Hoyer, if he can stay healthy, is an OK starter and their defense should be decent too. I think 6-10 or 7-9 for them too.
    SF better hope they go no better than 4-12 lol... they could screw themselves out of one of the QBs otherwise and be perennially mediocre. They're defense could be excellent after this season if they're young guys develop but they would have a terrible offense and hover just below.500 for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

After seeing last night's game, gonna say Smithgoat finally realizes his potential and throws the ball down the damn field.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.