Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    'who gives a ****?' isnt an opinion. but hey do you and just post that in every thread you dont like.
    actually it is the proper opinion on most threads on PSD... the subject matter isn't worth the effort of commenting... discourse for discourses sake makes us all dumber for participating

It's a great thread for early September off-season blues thank you very much.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The Kings will make the Playoffs with the help of Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    actually it is the proper opinion on most threads on PSD... the subject matter isn't worth the effort of commenting... discourse for discourses sake makes us all dumber for participating
    I actually agree with this sentiment. Vince isn't even a top what? 100 player in the NBA..

It's funny that Vince got slagged for character and commitment and 15 years later it's pretty much impossible to question now. I'm proud of the guy, wish he'd come home.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I actually agree with this sentiment. Vince isn't even a top what? 100 player in the NBA..
    Okay so then why are you the most frequent poster in this thread? Go away already.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Shocked Kidd didn't try to recruit him to Milwaukee. Kidd usually tries to get guys he coached or played with eventually. But were full at the wings.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Well... if he keeps shootings 3's a .390,somebody may sign him just to sell jerseys and have a 3-pt shooter to bring in to spread the floor during the closing minutes of a quarter.

But really... other than his 3pt shooting, he didn't play well last year (only shot .418 inside the arc, and his per36 is down significantly across the board).
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    It's funny that Vince got slagged for character and commitment and 15 years later it's pretty much impossible to question now. I'm proud of the guy, wish he'd come home.

yeah dude, things went around for Vince. I was guilty of it too. People questioned a lot about him the way he left Toronto, and the way he changed his game (he realized that attacking style wouldn't work long term), and here we are, debating over a 100 year old Vince still playing..

Kudos to him. I would love to see him in a Raps uni

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Shocked Kidd didn't try to recruit him to Milwaukee. Kidd usually tries to get guys he coached or played with eventually. But were full at the wings.
    Keith Van Horn is available

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yeah dude, things went around for Vince. I was guilty of it too. People questioned a lot about him the way he left Toronto, and the way he changed his game (he realized that attacking style wouldn't work long term), and here we are, debating over a 100 year old Vince still playing..

In fairness, while he has matured a lot, he did intentionally tank his performance with the Raptors, and when he first got to the Nets, I remember Kidd having to yell at that dude to get him to hustle on D and chase down loose balls.

I respect that he has managed to turn things around, but that exit out of Toronto and early stint in NJ showed that he wasn't putting in what he should have when he was forcing a trade. That is disrespectful to the fans and the game. The criticism he received then was as valid as the praise he receives now. His FG/FT% tanke until they traded him, then he was back to where he was. That is not a coincident. And on top of that, he pushed to get Wilkens fired only to demand a trade after. Not cool.

That said, we are defined by the choices we make, not the choices we made.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I think the level of criticism over the graduation thing really hurt him deeply considering how much of it was coming from fans and media in toronto. I think that was pretty much the end of his commitment to the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Keith Van Horn is available
    Hah hahahah. We already had him. I believe we eventually traded him for expiring's in Alan Henderson and Calvin Booth. Yeesh Pure salary dump.

I remember that like it was yesterday...people fuming at the mouth because Vince stopped trying to 360 windmill in traffic on opposing centers every night. It was kind of like an addiction, people couldn't handle the transformation to a more well rounded game and less electric dunks.

It was hard for everyone young, but as I grew older I began to realize he was developing a better all around game.

Vince was at his best that first season or two with the Nets. He had every skill he had in Toronto, but finally felt relaxed and sure of his game. His shooting was more lethal as well. 2001 you can argue, but it was a bit of a guessing game masked by extreme athleticism and talent. What surprised me most is him becoming such a good hustler, defender in his later years. Usually it's the opposite.

Felt this belonged here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast