Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    140

    How much longer will Vince Carter go?

    My guess is 42. That would be two more seasons. What he's still doing at his age is great, but it has to end sometime...right?

    Last edited by Vinsanity115; 09-07-2017 at 01:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,259
    It already ended. The guy is just a good enough of a shooter to where he can squeak into a team. Not really impactful as you think.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    It already ended. The guy is just a good enough of a shooter to where he can squeak into a team. Not really impactful as you think.
    I feel like you haven't been watching the past couple seasons then. His playmaking and mentorship of the young guys has been his biggest attributes. And just the fact he's friggin 40 starting in the playoffs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity115 View Post
    I feel like you haven't been watching the past couple seasons then. His playmaking and mentorship of the young guys has been his biggest attributes. And just the fact he's friggin 40 starting in the playoffs.
    I feel like you think Vince is better than he actually really is because you refuse to let go of the fact that NBA legends are not beating father time. Sorry, bud. You want real impact then look at Duncan during his last year when he was still consistently a top level defender. Vince is there for mentorship/shooting. That's it. If he couldn't shoot abocve 35%, he'd be out of the league. Plenty of veterans can mentor younger players. Memphis isn't particularly a young team, though.
    Last edited by FlashBolt; 09-07-2017 at 01:27 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    86,544
    he hasnt been good in years..... sorry but its true. He is living off of his legacy and good for him but no team should want him because there is better guys out there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I feel like you think Vince is better than he actually really is because you refuse to let go of the fact that NBA legends are not beating father time. Sorry, bud. You want real impact then look at Duncan during his last year when he was still consistently a top level defender. Vince is there for mentorship/shooting. That's it. If he couldn't shoot abocve 35%, he'd be out of the league. Plenty of veterans can mentor younger players. Memphis isn't particularly a young team, though.
    Because I predict he'll go until 42?...you got all that out of that?

    40 is ancient in NBA years, he has beaten father time, it's fun to watch for us less-cynical folks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he hasnt been good in years..... sorry but its true. He is living off of his legacy and good for him but no team should want him because there is better guys out there.
    His pay he's getting is off legacy..but his play last year in Memphis, last years in Dallas were definitely good ones for a vet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    86,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity115 View Post
    His pay he's getting is off legacy..but his play last year in Memphis, last years in Dallas were definitely good ones for a vet.
    this is whats wrong with the NBA... What is honestly good about 8pts/3 rebounds and a 39 percent shooter in 24 minutes per night? why because he can shoot 37 percent from 3 while taking 1 3 a night? he was trash.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity115 View Post
    Because I predict he'll go until 42?...you got all that out of that?

    40 is ancient in NBA years, he has beaten father time, it's fun to watch for us less-cynical folks.
    Because you make it seem as if he's dunking over everyone while dropping 20+ points.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    16,672
    He's shockingly effective for a 40 year old ... but so was Jerry Rice, and 40 year old Jerry Rice and Vince Carter are just holding on by their reputation. They are good enough to play, but they probably should be replaced by a youngster with potential sooner than later.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Because you make it seem as if he's dunking over everyone while dropping 20+ points.
    Please point out where I said this. Thanks.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    21,315
    he's not trash, he's still a quality NBA player. you have to pretty much ignore the FG% (even though that should go without saying in 2017) because when 2/3rds of your shots are 3 balls you aren't going to be shooting mid 40's %. he's one of the smartest players out there and that doesn't fade. he's got another year or 2.

    and what scoots said.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,448
    Never cling to the past.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity115 View Post
    Please point out where I said this. Thanks.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "What he's still doing at his age is great, but it has to end sometime...right?"

    Never said you specifically stated it but you're implying that he's doing something that no one has ever done before. Plenty of players at that age in the NBA could have stuck around. Vince just loves basketball. Tim Duncan could still be playing right now. Vince is just a serviceable player on a team with not much expectations going forward and they like his demeanor in the locker room. It's probably better to replace the guy now than have him. I mean, the guy plays over 25 minutes and scores 8 points per game. It's not exactly impressive but moreso evidence Memphis has done a poor job with their team roster and Parsons always being injured definitely sucks for them.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,674
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this is whats wrong with the NBA... What is honestly good about 8pts/3 rebounds and a 39 percent shooter in 24 minutes per night? why because he can shoot 37 percent from 3 while taking 1 3 a night? he was trash.
    hes ****ing 40! thats why its impressive dude. he has found a way to contribute while not relying on his freakish athleticism that he once had. once guys like him lose that its usually it for them but he has been able to stay in the game.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •