Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I find it hard to believe that nobody knows what the record is. Half the media is saying it's the 1916 Giants. The other half is saying that it's Cleveland because the Giants had a tie in there. Those same people saying that it is 26 are citing the September 18th game that ended up in a tie was actually replayed in its entirety on September 19th and the Giants won both games in that doubleheader. The win streak continued. There was no tie. It'd be nice if there was an official clarification. Major League Baseball should actually make an official announcement regarding this confusion.

EDIT: According to MLB.com, they recognize the 26 game Giants win streak. I think that networks should fall in line with what's correct instead of following their own narrative.
    Last edited by thawv; 09-15-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Before this win streak, the Indians had still won 9 of 13. Making it a combined 31 wins in their last 35 games played.

When the win streak began, they only had a 4.5 game lead in the division, now its 14.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they've allowed like 36 runs in the 22 games

Lindor couldn't do it again tonight. Indians finally lose

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Before this win streak, the Indians had still won 9 of 13. Making it a combined 31 wins in their last 35 games played.

When the win streak began, they only had a 4.5 game lead in the division, now its 14.5

How much connection, I don't know. Obviously some, but he doesn't pitch. That 31-5 or whatever it was before tonight also started the same day Jay Bruce first played for them I believe.

And the fact they only gained 10 games in that stretch tells you the Twins have been putting up some wins themselves.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I remember the Indians had a 14-game winning streak last year. So this 22-game streak shouldn't have been that surprising.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I'd argue that the two have minimal to no correlation. Regardless, breaking the all time record for wins in a row is always going to be a big surprise.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd argue that the two have minimal to no correlation. Regardless, breaking the all time record for wins in a row is always going to be a big surprise.
    You would be correct sir

A 22 game winning streak shouldn't be surprising even though it's happened only once in like 200 seasons. Considering it's Cleveland, I expected it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345