Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Indians win 22 straight; break AL record

Impressive.

America's Team is getting hot again at the right time, I think they have a great shot at taking down the Dodgers.

The Indians were the clear favorites in the AL before the Verlander trade. Now its a close battle between them and Houston to be the AL WS representatives.

It doesn't surprise me they are peaking at the moment.

Dodgers have been horrible since Kershaw returned...
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Hot team------------------------------------>Best team... Now they could fall back but the teams that get hot or maintain their fire will beat the better teams

If the dodgers fail this year in all honesty its going to be so bad because they have been the best team on paper year after year... Kershaw better step the **** up games 1-4-7 come playoff time because the only teams with something to prove is the dodgers and nationals... Because if any other team fails this year including the yankees/redsox its not going to matter because neither of those teams are or have been the best... Dodgers/Nats have had the paper title for best team on paper for years and have fallen short... Now they are so far ahead of anybody in the NL if they dont finish its a choke job.

best teams lookout... Hot teams are coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    If the dodgers fail this year in all honesty its going to be so bad because they have been the best team on paper year after year
    Except last year when that was clearly the Cubs.

Two years ago three teams in the NL Central alone won more games than the Dodgers did.

Most prognosticators pegged the Nats as the favorites in '14. Then they won the most games in the NL.

So this assertion isn't really at all accurate.

Yeah not sure where the Dodgers have been the best team on paper year after year. Seems Made(up)-The-Most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Indians 3rd team since 1961 to win 16 straight!

The Lost Boys of PSD

Of the 30 teams who have won more than 16 games in a row since 1880, only 2 have won the WS. I guess that would be my only concern with this long of a winning streak. I understand the probabilities of winning the WS are against you anyway but still it seems to not have that much bearing on who has a ring in October.

I don't think anyone was really saying otherwise. Regardless, no reason to be "concerned" about a big winning streak.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't think anyone was really saying otherwise. Regardless, no reason to be "concerned" about a big winning streak.
    I was just being matter of fact. I do understand there shouldn't be concern with a team that can't lose at the moment and is built to win in the playoffs. Beyond the winning streak itself (which is cool), it just doesn't leave a lot to discern how dominant a team may or may not be in the playoffs.

Indians are 3 away from tying the all time win streak (which doesn't included ties). That's a crazy long streak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Indians are 3 away from tying the all time win streak (which doesn't included ties). That's a crazy long streak.
    Let's go Tribe!

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

I respect what the Indians are doing and they should be the heavy favorites to win it all, but my bold prediction is.....the Indians fall short of the world series.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast