Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sandy Last Night

A couple of interesting things he said.

Mets will look for a guy that can eat innings 180-200 in the FA market.

TdA/Plawecki are safe bets to returning as the teams catchers.

Payroll will not be as high as it was this year. 155 million is what it was, so don't expect it to be that high.

They will also look for another everyday player/big bat.

And yes they will go into season not counting on Wright to be part of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds about right.

Sandy Last Night

If their payroll actually goes down, as they have been hinting, it's hard to see substantial improvements to the team.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    If their payroll actually goes down, as they have been hinting, it's hard to see substantial improvements to the team.
    We will have substantial improvements simply with better health next year.

Don't make me recount how many games significant players have missed on our team. Literally our 4 most talented players (sans degrom) all have missed SIGNIFICANT time.

Sandy Last Night

Cabreras hands are so damn good.

Too bad he never cared about fitness. Plays like a 40 year old. (I think he's only like 32).

***He's 31 and younger than me, I care about fitness a little, and I'm no professional athlete, but I move around so much faster than him.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee:31838131
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    We will have substantial improvements simply with better health next year.

Don't make me recount how many games significant players have missed on our team. Literally our 4 most talented players (sans degrom) all have missed SIGNIFICANT time.

But we all know we won't have good health next year. Injury prone players don't suddenly stay healthy all year, but they'll use that excuse as reason not to make big upgrades. It's unlikely we're gonna compete next year, sadly. Unless they go add some big time players. If we have close to the same group again as expected, might as well throw in the towel now.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    But we all know we won't have good health next year. Injury prone players don't suddenly stay healthy all year, but they'll use that excuse as reason not to make big upgrades. It's unlikely we're gonna compete next year, sadly. Unless they go add some big time players. If we have close to the same group again as expected, might as well throw in the towel now.
    Actually, no, we don't know that.

Cespedes, Thor, Familia, Conforto...didn't really have a history of injury before this year...so it's too early to say that we can expect them all hurt again.

Payroll will not be as high as it was this year.
    The New York Mets: Where Winning is Secondary

Winning and Spending don't always go hand in hand. Sometimes spending big actually hurts the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Winning and Spending don't always go hand in hand. Sometimes spending big actually hurts the team.
    Oh for ****'s sake. Really?

Stick to posting about our need to emphasize scoring more runs than the other team.

If we went in with a 140MM payroll I would be happy. Until we get an actual number it's all just speculation.

If our payroll is actually 60MM give or take including Wrights insurance then I don't see why we can't spend 40MM this offseason and become competitive. Somebody get me the actual numbers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee:31838135
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Actually, no, we don't know that.

Cespedes, Thor, Familia, Conforto...didn't really have a history of injury before this year...so it's too early to say that we can expect them all hurt again.

I'll give you that, however, Conforto's injury certainly gives us reason to believe he either won't be the same hitter next year, or will have lingering injury concerns, or will simply have a setback and miss a huge chunk of the season. There is a real possibility for this.

So even if Cespedes, Thor, and Familia are healthy, does that really make us solid playoff contenders if we only add mediocre talent in the offseason?

If we go with rookies Smith and Rosario every day, and Cabrera at 3B, Flores at 2B, Lagares/Nimmo in CF, d'Arnaud at C again thinking something is gonna change there, and deGrom and Thor in the rotation with some combination of Gsellman/Lugo/and injury plagued Matz and Wheeler, how much success do you think that team is gonna have?

Now, trade for Donaldson who has one year left, a guy who we would be interested in cuz we're afraid to invest in longer-term options, and get a real SP to join the rotation, not just someone who's gonna pitch 200 innings with a 4.50 era, then we'll be talkin...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post

Stick to posting about our need to emphasize scoring more runs than the other team.
    He's not incorrect. Look at the Tigers, Rangers, Blue Jays, Giants, etc. All of those teams were among the top payrolls in baseball and their results have sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He's not incorrect. Look at the Tigers, Rangers, Blue Jays, Giants, etc. All of those teams were among the top payrolls in baseball and their results have sucked.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post

Stick to reading what I write.
    Maybe you'll learn something.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast