Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    lol 4th and 8 with the game winding down and we punt. I understand we want to conserve time but they've been running on us all day. Dont get the logic
    We also need a new coach.
    I have lost faith in this guy. He has zero urgency. He has zero in game smarts.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

This is not a good offense but come on Bowles, give them a chance. 6 minutes left and you are still having them huddle? You go for a 2 pt conversion in the third and leave your team needing 2 scores? You don't go for it when down 9 and needing 2 scores with 5 minutes left?
    I like the guy. I like his energy. I like his calm but he's not a very good head coach. He's doing the same things he's always done. He hasn't learned. How can his team learn if he doesn't

The offensive approach of this team is useless. What is the point of conservative play for this team? This team is going nowhere. Why take a conservative approach? That just means that the team will still know nothing about itself offensively at year's end. How do you complete 26 passes for only 187 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This is not a good offense but come on Bowles, give them a chance. 6 minutes left and you are still having them huddle? You go for a 2 pt conversion in the third and leave your team needing 2 scores? You don't go for it when down 9 and needing 2 scores with 5 minutes left?
    I like the guy. I like his energy. I like his calm but he's not a very good head coach. He's doing the same things he's always done. He hasn't learned. How can his team learn if he doesn't
    Huhhh I hate to say I agree with but I agree with you. No adjustment skills. Obviously tanking but someones gotta bite the bullet. Mac I'm looking at you too

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    The offensive approach of this team is useless. What is the point of conservative play for this team? This team is going nowhere. Why take a conservative approach? That just means that the team will still know nothing about itself offensively at year's end. How do you complete 26 passes for only 187 yards?
    Bowles is playing for his best chance to win. I get that. But then really do it. At some point, take chances and have urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is the question though beyond QB: What good does it do to have this #1 draft pick QB if you don't have an o-line in front of him? I kept seeing people get on Mac for not drafting Dak Prescott. My response was always the same: Was the Dallas Cowboys offensive line coming with him to NY?

If you remember when Rex came to NY in 2009, the Jets offense on opening day against the Houston Texans was #5 overall pick Mark Sanchez, Thomas Jones/Shonn Greene/Leon Washington at RB; Dustin Keller at TE; and a starting WR corp of Jerricho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey, and Brad Smith. However, you had 4 first round picks on the offensive line (Alan Faneca, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, and Damien Wood) along with solid RG Brandon Moore.

I am a true believer that a lot of the Jets issues on the offensive side of the football began when the offensive line and it's depth started to erode (whether it be with age, releases, etc). If you look at the Jets o-line right now, regardless of contract status, in my personal opinion (and that is all it is), you could literally take every o-lineman not named James Carpenter and Brian Winters and send them to the curb.
    Yes O-Line is vital to upgrade.

This offense is going to be incredibly boring all season. Teams are not going to respect McCown throwing deep and are just going to load up the box looking to stop the run. Not to mention have 8 or 9 guys probably within 5 or 10 yards of the line of scrimmage daring McCown to throw it.

I just wonder how long it takes before they pull the plug on him, especially with that bonus he gets for every game he starts.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This offense is going to be incredibly boring all season. Teams are not going to respect McCown throwing deep and are just going to load up the box looking to stop the run. Not to mention have 8 or 9 guys probably within 5 or 10 yards of the line of scrimmage daring McCown to throw it.

I just wonder how long it takes before they pull the plug on him, especially with that bonus he gets for every game he starts.
    Honestly why wait?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Honestly why wait?
    Good question. Well we saw how long of a leash Fitzpatrick got last year so why would McCown be any different, right?

1 down, 15 to go.
    Sucking for Sam!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Good question. Well we saw how long of a leash Fitzpatrick got last year so why would McCown be any different, right?
    This idea is so true and so deeply troubling.
    If Bowles actually came out swinging, I would be ok with McCown but if you are just going to do the same, plodding, low energy offense, then give a chance to Petty or Hack and let them get the reps. The Jets could be 0-7 and Bolwes will still go with McCown because there is a chance they could "go on a run" and sneak into the playoffs.

We probably have to wait till 5 or 6 losses

It wouldn't be fair to put Hack or Petty in there and not only let the league abuse them, but also the media. Everyone will lose interest in the Jets in a few weeks, that's when you slide a project QB

You have to remember, these kids are young, they're not exactly thick skinned pros. Hearing how much you suck and what a mistake you are can beat you down a bit. They've got a big enough challenge trying to play well on this terrible team

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    1 down, 15 to go.
    Sucking for Sam!
    49ers are scaring me
    I'm worried they also go 0-16 and get the #1
    That'd be a nightmare

It'd be hilarious if the Patriots loss is a deciding factor in SOS

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    49ers are scaring me
    I'm worried they also go 0-16 and get the #1
    That'd be a nightmare

It'd be hilarious if the Patriots loss is a deciding factor in SOS
    They have an easier schedule, if the Jets start 0-5, the chances of going 0-16 are pretty great. Remember in the NFL, failure has its rewards.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Start Petty.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast