Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This is not a good offense but come on Bowles, give them a chance. 6 minutes left and you are still having them huddle? You go for a 2 pt conversion in the third and leave your team needing 2 scores? You don't go for it when down 9 and needing 2 scores with 5 minutes left?
    I like the guy. I like his energy. I like his calm but he's not a very good head coach. He's doing the same things he's always done. He hasn't learned. How can his team learn if he doesn't
    I've been saying this ever since he got hired. He's just a bad coach, simple as that. Uninspiring, uninventive when he needs to be, trys to reinvent the wheel when he shouldn't, never makes adjustments....just a really bad coach. I'm just guessing they figured we were gonna be terrible this year anyway so we can always throw him under the bus at the end of the year and try and get "our guy" before next year. I just hope we finally get an offensive minded head coach for once.

Right now any of Darnold, Rosen, or Allen could be the best QB prospect. We just don't know yet. Most people say Darnold, but when was the last QB from USC who had a good NFL career? Does their system not prepare QB's for the NFL? It seems like there must be a legit reason why every highly drafted USC QB sucks in the NFL.

It seems unlikely we finish worse than the 3rd overall pick, which should be just fine.

This idea is so true and so deeply troubling.
    If Bowles actually came out swinging, I would be ok with McCown but if you are just going to do the same, plodding, low energy offense, then give a chance to Petty or Hack and let them get the reps. The Jets could be 0-7 and Bolwes will still go with McCown because there is a chance they could "go on a run" and sneak into the playoffs.
    I'm totally conflicted on what the Jets should do. I want to see the Jets win and I want to see Hackenberg or Petty perform well while doing so (giving us some hope) but in the same vein, the more losses the better and if McCown is the guy to scapegoat this team to a 1-15 record, so be it. Perhaps wanting to see Petty or Hackenberg is detrimental to this franchise because they might bring this team to 4 or 5 wins and there goes any chance at Darnold or Rosen.

The narrative should be sucking for a franchise QB. I know that's not what they want in that locker room and not what Bowles wants because he'll be out of a job but its better than more years of mediocrity with no hope of them turning it around consistently.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm totally conflicted on what the Jets should do. I want to see the Jets win and I want to see Hackenberg or Petty perform well while doing so (giving us some hope) but in the same vein, the more losses the better and if McCown is the guy to scapegoat this team to a 1-15 record, so be it. Perhaps wanting to see Petty or Hackenberg is detrimental to this franchise because they might bring this team to 4 or 5 wins and there goes any chance at Darnold or Rosen.

The narrative should be sucking for a franchise QB. I know that's not what they want in that locker room and not what Bowles wants because he'll be out of a job but its better than more years of mediocrity with no hope of them turning it around consistently.
    Understood but like you and the rest of us have said, why not live with Hack or Petty this year and see how they do?
    If either of them turn into a good QB, not even great but good. The jets can build around that the net few years while they keep picking QBs in the draft. I just don't like the idea of banking on one player to turn around a franchise. It really doesn't work. Yes, it is a QB driven league but the QB does nothing without a good line and weapons. A young QB has a much better chance of success if he walks into a situation where those things are solid.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Understood but like you and the rest of us have said, why not live with Hack or Petty this year and see how they do?
    If either of them turn into a good QB, not even great but good. The jets can build around that the net few years while they keep picking QBs in the draft. I just don't like the idea of banking on one player to turn around a franchise. It really doesn't work. Yes, it is a QB driven league but the QB does nothing without a good line and weapons. A young QB has a much better chance of success if he walks into a situation where those things are solid.
    Well all you need to look at is Andrew Luck. The Colts made the playoffs in 2013 and 2014 mainly based on how effective he was. It certainly wasn't the team around him. They wouldn't have been 8-7 last year without how well he played either. That's how much impact a franchise QB can have.

Same with Aaron Rodgers. Year after year the Packers have a below average defense and the only thing that makes them a playoff team is how great Rodgers plays. The Jets have a couple of extra picks this year so that's a good way to start building around a potential franchise guy.

I'm all for giving Petty or Hack a chance. I just don't want them to perform marginally better than McCown and win meaningless games that take us out of the running for one of the better QBs in this draft. Its either these guys show themselves as good QBs with potential to be more or the Jets are in the same boat next year with 4 or 5 wins this season.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-13-2017 at 03:48 AM.

The Jets got beat soundly by another team trying to tank.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678