Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 111
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39,634

    Week 1: NY Jets @ Buffalo Bills



    Week 1



    (0_ -_ 0)______________________ (0_ -_0)

    New York__________Buffalo

    _____At _______




    [B]Sunday, September 10th, 1:00 PM ET
    New Era Field, Orchard Park, New York






    PLAYERS TO WATCH:


    VS

    Quarterback:

    Josh McCown - COMP 90 / ATT 165 / TD 6 / INT 6 / YDS 1100
    Tyrod Taylor - COMP 269 / ATT 436 / TD 17 / INT 6 / YDS 3023



    VS

    Running Back:

    Matt Forte - ATT 218 / YDS 813 / AVG 3.7 / TD 7
    LeSean McCoy - ATT 234 / YDS 1267 / AVG 5.4 / TD 13



    VS

    Wide Receiver:

    Robby Anderson - REC 42 / YDS 587 / AVG 14.0 / TD 2
    Jordan Matthews - REC 73 / YDS 804 / AVG 11.0 / TD 3



    VS

    Tight End:

    Eric Tomlinson - REC 0 / YDS 0 / AVG 0.0 / TD 0
    Charles Clay - REC 57 / YDS 552 / AVG 9.7 / TD 4



    VS

    Kicker:

    Chandler Catanzaro - FGM 21 / FGA 28 / XPM 43 / XPA 47
    Stephen Hauschka - FGM 33 / FGA 37 / XPM 29 / XPA 35



    VS

    Tackles Leader:

    Demario Davis - SOLO 59 / AST 40 / TOT 99
    Preston Brown - SOLO 76 / AST 59 / TOT 135



    VS

    Sacks Leader:

    Leonard Williams - SACKS 7.0 / FF 2
    Lorenzo Alexander - SACKS 12.5 / FF 3



    VS

    Interceptions Leader:

    Marcus Williams - INT 2 / PD 6 / TD 0
    Micah Hyde - INT 3 / PD 11 / TD 0



    Click For More Stats


    Last edited by Claymation; 09-06-2017 at 09:30 PM.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,080
    Go Buffalo Go!

    #SuckForSam

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    22,082
    Thanks Clay!!

    Eat a dick MJNetsIsles. Root for the team to win. If you don't want them to win, go toe the Bills thread. That's asinine


    Go ****ing J-E-T-S




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Thanks Clay!!

    Eat a dick MJNetsIsles. Root for the team to win. If you don't want them to win, go toe the Bills thread. That's asinine


    Go ****ing J-E-T-S
    Yeah I can't really actively root for my team to lose. However, if they do I will certainly be happy about the potential upside of losing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,837
    Definitely not as excited as I would normally be but still football is ****ing back *****es! Lets go!

    BTW I put $100 on the Jets getting 10 points. Pray for me haha

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39,634
    Like the Mets, I don't openly root for my team to lose. I just realize how pathetic they are.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    22,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Like the Mets, I don't openly root for my team to lose. I just realize how pathetic they are.
    Or the knicks...

    I want to see guys giving a great effort and growing as players. That is what I want this year. Wins and losses are irrelevant. If the Jets need a QB next year, they will find one.
    I would much rather see an 8-8 team who is playing hard, developing and on an upward trend, than to watch a team half azz or a team just put bad players on the field to assure a high pick.

    If these guys play and end up 0-16? Fine. If they play and end up 4-12 or 8-8 or 10-6? Fine.
    But I want them to win. (Unless it's the last few games and they really could get the first pick, then play scrubs and see if any are worth keeping)




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    22,082
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Yeah I can't really actively root for my team to lose. However, if they do I will certainly be happy about the potential upside of losing.
    Absolutely! That's what makes this a great season. lol No pressure or expectations




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Thanks Clay!!

    Eat a dick MJNetsIsles. Root for the team to win. If you don't want them to win, go toe the Bills thread. That's asinine


    Go ****ing J-E-T-S
    You're blinded by the fact that this is a new season and the records are 0-0.

    As a fan, I can't fault you for wanting them to win.

    But I as a fan want them to lose because winning hurts our chances of ever building for a Super Bowl contending team 2-3-4 years down the line. We have nothing here of value besides 2 defensive linemen (Wilkerson and Williams) and a Safety who was our #1 pick in Jamal Adams.
    World Championships



    New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets


    New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III


    Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)


    New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,080
    I also think it is reckless behavior to tell someone "eat a dick" but will the comment get removed or deleted? No. If I said something along those lines, it would certainly have been removed.
    World Championships



    New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets


    New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III


    Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)


    New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,205
    Ohhhhh calm down

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    22,082
    Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    I also think it is reckless behavior to tell someone "eat a dick" but will the comment get removed or deleted? No. If I said something along those lines, it would certainly have been removed.
    And I find it offensive that you come in and actively root for a team you claim to like to lose.
    You do realize the fantastic amount of cap space this team will have next year? You do know how many positions can be upgraded?

    Seriously, no one wants to hear someone cheering at their team's failure.
    Should I have suggested eating a bag of dookie stained, sweaty underwear?




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    And I find it offensive that you come in and actively root for a team you claim to like to lose.
    You do realize the fantastic amount of cap space this team will have next year? You do know how many positions can be upgraded?

    Seriously, no one wants to hear someone cheering at their team's failure.
    Should I have suggested eating a bag of dookie stained, sweaty underwear?
    This is a lost season so what would a win do except ruin our draft?

    You're literally rooting for the Jets to be worse and stay stagnant.

    Building through FA is a sure fire way to ensure losing and failure and money wasted.

    You should only build through FA when the roster is filled with young talent.

    How do you do that? The draft. Every loss is a step toward building.

    If the Jets went 0-32 in the next two years, I'd be happier than a pig in ****.

    It's all about the Draft.
    World Championships



    New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets


    New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III


    Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)


    New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,080
    I don't envision the Jets being a SB team in the next 2 seasons. It's just not happening. Going 0-32 just for example would stack the Jets with humongous high upside talent. Theoretically I don't see them winning in 3 years either so why not go 0-48 in theory. The future of this franchise would be Patriots level. That's how the Patriots were formed. Years of losing and luck with the draft. I'm not sure the Jets will have that same luck (Finding Tom Brady at 199) so the best way to ensure the highest potential player is to get the #1 pick. It's how the Cavaliers won a Championship. Two #1s in Kyrie Irving and Lebron Etc. They even flipped a #1 Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love. So right there shows you have valuable the draft can be. The Giants traded up to get Eli Manning #1 and have two Super Bowls to show for it. Would they even have a ring had they stayed stagnant with Phil Rivers? Debatable. I want the Jets to win Super Bowls, not a meaningless game against the BuffaloBills with a team that isn't ready yet for the big stage. It has to get worse before it gets better.
    Last edited by MJNetsIsles; 09-07-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    World Championships



    New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets


    New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III


    Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)


    New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Thanks Clay!!

    Eat a dick MJNetsIsles. Root for the team to win. If you don't want them to win, go toe the Bills thread. That's asinine


    Go ****ing J-E-T-S

    It's not asinine (another insult)

    It's genius.
    World Championships



    New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets


    New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III


    Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)


    New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •