Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 187
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,070
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    He's done better with worse We have a terrible start to the season though, two of the best, if not the top two, front sevens in the league and a sketchy O-line. Next week could get ugly in Seattle.
    Immediately better tho? I mean, are we going to judge the whole year because of week 1 and 2 against stout defenses on deep playoff level teams?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stonington CT
    Posts
    4,032
    Before i commented I looked at Shanahans teams.... this is the worst he's had...

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I'm not mad that we lost, but definitely disappointed that we got blown out like we did. Team didn't look good on either side other than a play here or there.
    Not mad we lost. But just another game where it was like "why did I bother?" Felt like the last couple years. I'm OK with taking our lips this year. I just want to see some glimmers of hope. Didn't happen this week. Next week can't be better.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31844774
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    He's done better with worse We have a terrible start to the season though, two of the best, if not the top two, front sevens in the league and a sketchy O-line. Next week could get ugly in Seattle.
    Immediately better tho? I mean, are we going to judge the whole year because of week 1 and 2 against stout defenses on deep playoff level teams?
    I mean, I was making a simple observation on this ONE game, and implied that if it continued next week could be very ugly. Not sure where I said the whole season was doomed. I'm still very much optimistic in a handful of players, Shanny, and Lynch. If you want to take one criticism of a bad performance and run with it, and assume I judged the whole year on the first two games, go ahead.

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed:31844830
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31844774
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    He's done better with worse We have a terrible start to the season though, two of the best, if not the top two, front sevens in the league and a sketchy O-line. Next week could get ugly in Seattle.
    Immediately better tho? I mean, are we going to judge the whole year because of week 1 and 2 against stout defenses on deep playoff level teams?
    I mean, I was making a simple observation on this ONE game, and implied that if it continued next week could be very ugly. Not sure where I said the whole season was doomed. I'm still very much optimistic in a handful of players, Shanny, and Lynch. If you want to take one criticism of a bad performance and run with it, and assume I judged the whole year on the first two games, go ahead.
    In all honesty I was defending Shanny, saying we had bad matchups with a bad o-line against elite front sevens. But, for some reason you were offended and put words in my mouth.

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39,289
    God, the fan attendance was pathetic for a home opener.
    But I understand completely why people choose not to

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    God, the fan attendance was pathetic for a home opener.
    But I understand completely why people choose not to
    Heat have something to do with it though?

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    12,790
    I know ticket prices don't help

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,070
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I mean, I was making a simple observation on this ONE game, and implied that if it continued next week could be very ugly. Not sure where I said the whole season was doomed. I'm still very much optimistic in a handful of players, Shanny, and Lynch. If you want to take one criticism of a bad performance and run with it, and assume I judged the whole year on the first two games, go ahead.
    Well I mean, as I said, it's one game. To say he "did better with worse", how else should that be taken? He's coached 1 week here as opposed to other teams a season or more. So it sure sounds like a wide spectrum kind of judgement, wether you meant to be or not. Wasn't really trying to be combative.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31844889
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I mean, I was making a simple observation on this ONE game, and implied that if it continued next week could be very ugly. Not sure where I said the whole season was doomed. I'm still very much optimistic in a handful of players, Shanny, and Lynch. If you want to take one criticism of a bad performance and run with it, and assume I judged the whole year on the first two games, go ahead.
    Well I mean, as I said, it's one game. To say he "did better with worse", how else should that be taken? He's coached 1 week here as opposed to other teams a season or more. So it sure sounds like a wide spectrum kind of judgement, wether you meant to be or not. Wasn't really trying to be combative.
    I think we we're both a bit misunderstood but, I'm over it.

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,183
    Also, you can tell Bowman isn't quite the same. Kind of sad to see, he can't really move side to side.

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  12. #132
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,230
    Re-watching the game I don't think Hoyer played as bad as it seemed live. He did have some inaccurate throws but that was after being bulldozed all day. The Panthers D got into his head by mid/late third quarter.

    The gaurds are going to have to play better. 95% of QB's would have a hard time with this level of blocking. Hoyer isn't good enough to overcome such poor blocking.

    Goodwins drop was huge. It killed the offenses confidence when it could've been built up with an early TD. The refs also missed a couple HUGE calls that killed drives. We would've lost anyway but if you look at the stats the game was closer than it looked. Carolina's offense wasn't doing that great. Without those turnovers they probably would've scored 10 to 14 points.

    Penalties killed us in clutch moments. Same with the non-calls and drops.

    Our defense looked good with Foster out there. It wasn't too bad with him off the field but we couldn't get pressure on Cam. That's concerning seeing we drafted d-line in the first rd the last 3 years. I'm just not sold on Armstead as a pass rusher. Thomas didn't do much but perhaps he helped our run D improve today so that could be something. I need to watch him specifically. Haven't done that yet. Buckner needs to get pressure going too. Maybe next week vs Seattle's weak o-line. Green Bay abused them today.

    Our secondary wasn't too bad, especially considering the fact we didn't pressure Cam.

    Hyde was OK, we probably should've rushed him more, especially with Hoyer under so much pressure. Garcon is a younger Boldin. I like him. We NEED to get the ball in Taylor's hands more out of the slot. Won't happen with Hoyer on his *** though.

    Anyway, I give the defense a C+ and offense an F.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Shannahan's play calling in 1st half was stupid.
    I disagree. How the players exercised his plays during the game could be construed as such. Our trust in Kyle is a process that requires patience. Fans that don't have patience and think we are playoffs bound and thought we could beat this team that owned us is not realistic and premature at best. It's about improvements week to week, not winning.


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Maybe woop the Panthers then go on to lose 15 games, while being very competitive. lol
    Im gonna assume you are joking cause this is the one team we were never close to beating. I could have told you that last week


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    The "fans" over on webzone are being ********. Crying like four year olds. I'm not sure of I can even read gameday threads over there anymore.

    Anyhow, our main issue so far is the o-line. Defense has been hanging in even without Foster. Tartt has made some mistakes but had that int.

    CAR is getting too much pressure on Hoyer. That sort of pressure creates sacks and eventually ints as the QB looks to get rid of the ball before he's mauled.

    Anyway, Goodwins drop on that deep ball killed us. We all know we need QB, WR and o-line so the offense so far shouldn't surprise us. This is not a playoff team. We also need to get a pass rush going. No Lynch hurts but our D-line shoukd be getting more pressure.

    ENJOY the rebuild!
    I noticed that too. It's a homer reaction to think we can win now when we are not. Rebuilding means winning now under a new HC to those fans at the webzone


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •