Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Week 1: New Orleans Saints @ Minnesota Vikings

The season kicks off Monday! We can talk about the game here.

I'm excited about the game. I think the Saints can win this game. Their defense looked better in the preseason, and the Vikings don't exactly have a top tier offense, I don't expect Bradford to challenge the CBs, and their running game is uncertain (though Cook has looked good). I think the biggest issue will be Thielen in the slot. He could convert a lot of 3rd downs.

The Saints' offense vs. the Vikings defense will be the main battle. With Snead gone, I expect to see more Lewis and Kamara. Kamara might be the RB who performs the best due to pass-catching.

Saints - 21
    Vikings - 20

I know it's looking ahead, but if Alex Smith looks that good against the Patriots, the Saints have a shot in Week 2.

If the Oline can create space for the run calls this game will be a blowout. If anyone of our RBs can get running room consistently no way the Vikings can keep up with the Saints offense.

If the run game isn't there I can see an ugly game for both teams. So I'll split the difference.

Saints 19 Vikings 17 Saints win with a bunch of field goals.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Jon Dorenbos, the long snapper the Saints traded a 7th rounder for, needs open heart surgery. Saints have until Monday to find a long snapper.

I'm glad his life is saved, but how do the Saints keep doing this?

If the Saints need a long snapper I guess I can suit up. On a serious note how does the medical staff not see that this player had a bad ticker?
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    I know it's looking ahead, but if Alex Smith looks that good against the Patriots, the Saints have a shot in Week 2.
    Hightower being out hurt them quite a bit. Gilmore looked like he was still at South Carolina as lost as he was on some plays.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

They did miss Hightower, but their defense had questions before he went out. I think they will improve over the season. The Saints might have lucked out catching them early.

Zach Wood signed to be the new long snapper. Was with the Cowboys.

Lasco cut to make room for Bryce Harris. Edmunds must be viewed as better on special teams than Lasco. I'll be watching special teams on Monday. I'm nervous about them now.

Sucks about Lasco I actually liked his skill set.

Not a fan of ST at the moment because ever since the Michael Lewis days I don't feel the saints have been legit.

I think Lasco comes back unless another team signs him. Once Armstead can play, Harris is gone because Ram is the back up. The O-line needs depth.

I think ST is getting better. I know the coaching is better, and Ginn is a competent return man. Blocking and snapping are what I'll be watching.

So far, three Saints have been ruled out: LT Terron Armstead (shoulder), LB Nate Stupar (hamstring) and DE Trey Hendrickson (illness). LB Stephone Anthony (ankle) is questionable.

We knew Armstead would be out (probably misses at least 3 games, I'm assuming). Hendrickson is a rotation guy as he is a rookie, but I still wanted him to get reps. There's a lot to like about him, even if Muhammad is catching up to him. Losing Stupar hurts as he is solid on ST. I'm more worried about that unit with every day.

I am loving the fact that the Bears are giving the Failcons a run for their money.

Atlanta can't be feeling that good about themselves. I know Fox can coach a defense, but Chicago had a long way to go.

Carolina isn't looking sharp, either.

Saints have the hardest Week 1 opponent.

Evans looking bad in Green Bay, but he is facing the Seahawks defense.

Panthers and Falcons both didn't look good. They played some really bad teams and should have dominated them. Cmon Monday can't get here soon enough.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast