Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Craig Carton Arrested by FBI For Ponzi Scheme

No off-topic thread so....
    “Boomer and Carton” co-host Craig Carton was arrested by feds Wednesday morning on charges he ripped off millions of dollars from investors by peddling bogus concert tickets in order to cover his own gambling debts, according to court papers.
    http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/wfan-ho...rested-by-fbi/

No doubt Carton will be fired from WFAN. My prayers have been answered.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Well, the problem with he and Boomer is you often had to sit through endless rants of tedious and self-serving conversation until they finally put together a few minutes worth of compelling radio.

Then I ordered Sirius XM and they no longer affected my life.

What a shame though. Seems gambling was Carton's weakness, addiction. Many of us have them, not all of us are willing to talk about them. Shame his got the best of him.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 09-06-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Too bad Francesca wasn't also involved. Two of the most arrogant, loudmouth pricks on the radio, and they have plenty of competition.

Well after listening to an hour of Francesa for the first time in years... I've had my full of him as well.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Well after listening to an hour of Francesa for the first time in years... I've had my full of him as well.
    lol, I'm rarely in my car when he's on the air. But yeah, he's a piece of work too.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

I feel bad for his 4 kids and wife. Just another example of someone who is too greedy for his good. It wasn't enough that he was making more than 3 million dollars a year to work 4 hours a day.

The irony is how often he bashed the Wilpons btw when he was effectively involved in the same thing.

I would say I feel bad for him, but when you use your problems as an excuse to hurt other people, that's where I draw the line.

Hope he spends a long time behind bars.

That's punishment enough for anyone.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

That's impressive, were you tied down and forced to listen? Do you have intel on North Korea? Are you a masochist?

Just can't imagine why someone would do something like that to themselves

No off-topic thread so....

http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/wfan-ho...rested-by-fbi/

No doubt Carton will be fired from WFAN. My prayers have been answered.
    Good riddance, I couldn't stand listening to him.

Hopefully they replace him with someone with a brain and not some tool that blows everything out of proportion

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Good riddance, I couldn't stand listening to him.

Hopefully they replace him with someone with a brain and not some tool that blows everything out of proportion
    He used to annoy the crap out of me with his parody of Jews for Jesus with "Met Fans for Yankees!" whenever the Yankees made the playoffs. In 2015 i didn't hear him start a movement for "Yankee Fans for Mets!"

Good riddance indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I feel bad for his 4 kids and wife. Just another example of someone who is too greedy for his good. It wasn't enough that he was making more than 3 million dollars a year to work 4 hours a day.

The irony is how often he bashed the Wilpons btw when he was effectively involved in the same thing.
    I've seen his salary reported at $250k/year. Seems low for #1 show in the 25-54 demographic in NYC, but I don't know what shlock jocks make.

He screwed his family. He might do jail time and he will owe millions in fines on top of what he already owes. He'll be out of work for 2-5 years, and it sounds like he doesn't have any cash savings. If he eventually gets a gig, he's not going to make enough to pay off that debt. The dumb *** should have come clean, admitted a problem and cleaned himself up. WFAN would probably have retained him. But I'm glad he's gone. He was irritating.

Salary: A reported $250,000 a year
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/cr...icle-1.3474338
    I am that Daddy Cool

Simms is on with Boomer.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The analogy to the Wilpons is wrong, Carton allegedly played the Bernie Madoff part.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

The entire WFAN lineup pretty much sucks for baseball except for Ed Randall. I think the ones with a background in journalism are at least more likely to be informed and fair-minded: Kim Jones, Sweeny, and Ed Coleman.

I once asked Chernoff why WFAN didn't employ hosts that understood and referred to sabermetrics. He responded with, "They don't?" No Mark, they don't. :smh: At least his kid turned out to be pretty bright.
    I am that Daddy Cool

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast