Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,645
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    His numbers in the 2nd half are his numbers for the whole season?

    What happened to Conforto last season was getting figured out. Because he was amazing in April and slowly started to get worse and his numbers overall were bad.

    Also like I said, Judge could be tiring down from the grind of a full MLB season as well. But what he did during the 1st three months was impossible to keep up and now his numbers look reasonable.

    Regression.
    No but they are telling. Obviously Judge wasn't scouted nearly as well to start the season with whatever adjustments he made last offseason. It took teams a while to find a consistent weakness and exploit it but since they have, his numbers haven't just regressed, they've been a shell of his original pace. I don't know why you keep bringing up that his pace was unsustainable. I know that, you know that. At one point he had a 1.300 OPS at home in late June.

    But you don't go from slugging nearly .700 to slugging nearly .400 without there being cause for concern, specifically when his K rate was over 35% the last 2 months. That should indicate teams have found better ways to pitch him.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-07-2017 at 05:19 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    62,253
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No but they are telling. Obviously Judge wasn't scouted nearly as well to start the season with whatever adjustments he made last offseason. It took teams a while to find a consistent weakness and exploit it but since they have, his numbers haven't just regressed, they've been a shell of his original pace. I don't know why you keep bringing up that his pace was unsustainable. I know that, you know that. At one point he had a 1.300 OPS at home in late June.

    But you don't go from slugging nearly .700 to slugging nearly .400 without there being cause for concern, specifically when his K rate was over 35% the last 2 months. That should indicate teams have found better ways to pitch him.
    It only means something if Judge struggles more next season. Right now it's an overreaction.

    He went from .326/.449/.689 to .276/.412/.574. He sucks now, the Yankees should trade him.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,645
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    It only means something if Judge struggles more next season. Right now it's an overreaction.

    He went from .326/.449/.689 to .276/.412/.574. He sucks now, the Yankees should trade him.
    No one said he sucks. He might be more Adam Dunn offensively than Albert Pujols though.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-07-2017 at 06:16 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    90,512
    Next year who has a better year? Gallo or Judge?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Next year who has a better year? Gallo or Judge?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Judge because he has better plate discipline.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Snow Hill NC
    Posts
    23,921
    Judge has plate discipline?

    He's got a 31.3% K rate and a .367 BABIP. I would be scared to death of his average if/when the BABIP regresses to the mean.
    I can be boring and vanilla, too! Controversy = BAD...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,645
    Quote Originally Posted by bbsmets View Post
    Judge has plate discipline?

    He's got a 31.3% K rate and a .367 BABIP. I would be scared to death of his average if/when the BABIP regresses to the mean.
    His plate discipline is better than Gallo's. I don't know if Judge will ever approach the Mendoza line in terms of average either. He may be more of a .250-.260 hitter.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    25,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Next year who has a better year? Gallo or Judge?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good question. I'll go with Gallo.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    62,253
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No one said he sucks. He might be more Adam Dunn offensively than Albert Pujols though.
    He'll be better than Dunn. He benefits from being a RH bat.

    .250/.370/.530 from Judge is still excellent.

    That's my expectation for him.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    27,826
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Bring back Bruce to play RF/1B. Conforto is going to miss time and Dom is not the answer at 1B.

    I like signing Moustakas too, but that's it.

    When healthy:

    CF-Brandon Nimmo
    RF-Michael Conforto
    LF-Yoenis Cespedes
    1B-Jay Bruce
    3B-Mike Moustakas
    2B-Wilmer Flores
    SS-Amed Rosario
    C-Kevin Plawecki
    If we are gonna start talking about pipe dream offseasons, lets target JD Martinez instead of Bruce. JD Martinez is a much better hitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    62,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    If we are gonna start talking about pipe dream offseasons, lets target JD Martinez instead of Bruce. JD Martinez is a much better hitter.
    He's probably gonna cost too much.

    But if he can be had for a reasonable amount of years, I'd love him at 1B and in RF if needed.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,645
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    He's probably gonna cost too much.

    But if he can be had for a reasonable amount of years, I'd love him at 1B and in RF if needed.
    The way Nimmo is playing they aren't bringing back Bruce. Its going to be Nimmo playing RF till Conforto comes back and then they'll make the decision to put Conforto in CF or RF. Lagares is going to play next year as well. With his defense you have to put him out there.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    62,253
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The way Nimmo is playing they aren't bringing back Bruce. Its going to be Nimmo playing RF till Conforto comes back and then they'll make the decision to put Conforto in CF or RF. Lagares is going to play next year as well. With his defense you have to put him out there.
    You're probably right.

    It's shame we didn't get to see much of Cespedes, Conforto, and Bruce all healthy and producing in the outfield at the same time. That would have been our best offensive outfield we've ever had IMO.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Snow Hill NC
    Posts
    23,921
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The way Nimmo is playing they aren't bringing back Bruce. Its going to be Nimmo playing RF till Conforto comes back and then they'll make the decision to put Conforto in CF or RF. Lagares is going to play next year as well. With his defense you have to put him out there.
    IF/WHEN Conforto comes back, my personal alignment would be Cespedes LF- Nimmo/Lagares platoon in CF- Conforto RF. When either Ces or Mike need a day off, Brandon shifts.

    I was an advocate for Lorenzo Cain, and still would not mind him, but if Juan and Brandon are legit, use the money to upgrade 3B (Moustakas), the pen, and an innings eating SP.
    I can be boring and vanilla, too! Controversy = BAD...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    27,826
    Something about adding more than one Royal makes me feel dirty... and when I say something, you all know what I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •