Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Boston seems the most likely, unless a super-team forms in Los Angeles. They have the assets to get another star, which I think it will take to provide a real threat to Golden State.
    As for Golden State, I do think there's a real possibility Klay leaves Golden State for a bigger role somewhere else. He's already got a couple championships and is known to get more molten hot than even Curry.
    Except Klay is so not that guy. All he cares about is if he makes the right play and keeps his errors to a minimum. He's happy to play with the other guys. The owners not wanting to pay is the only think that gets Klay to leave.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    2018-2019 LA Lakers

Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Paul George
    LeBron James
    Brook Lopez

Easily the best team LeBron has ever played with. Now, if LeBron wants to bring his friends then he can stay in Cleveland.
    Not yet.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

2018-2019 LA Lakers

Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Paul George
    LeBron James
    Brook Lopez

Easily the best team LeBron has ever played with. Now, if LeBron wants to bring his friends then he can stay in Cleveland.
    Lonzo hasn't played a game, Ingram was ****ing terrible last year, and That bench will be hot garbage with Brook making bank.

Minny depends on Wiggins. Him getting the max and not taking another leap handcuffs them.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I want to see an AD+KAT duo at their prime.. best frontcourt in NBA history.
    Duncan/Robinson easily better than those guys

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    LeBron has been on record willing to take a paycut to make it work. Only issue is Pau Gasol's contract and whether or not LMA opts in. I think a combination of LeBron+CP3+Kawhi is fine enough.
    Idk about that, but we'll see. I meant moreso this season coming up. I think they can be caught off guard now that they avenged their 3-1 series loss. That same hunger and fire may not be there

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Boston seems the most likely, unless a super-team forms in Los Angeles. They have the assets to get another star, which I think it will take to provide a real threat to Golden State.
    As for Golden State, I do think there's a real possibility Klay leaves Golden State for a bigger role somewhere else. He's already got a couple championships and is known to get more molten hot than even Curry.
    In the same boat as you. I think GS dominates probably the next 2 years until they have to make a decision on Klay. At some point, the contracts will become an issue for GS. That being said, even if they offload Klay for spare parts, they still have a core of KD, Curry, and Green which is still great.

As far as teams that can dethrone GS I think Boston and Minny have the players/youth where the timeline lines up for a passing of the guard scenario. Both of those teams have youth/ tools to get better and add to their current roster.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    In the same boat as you. I think GS dominates probably the next 2 years until they have to make a decision on Klay. At some point, the contracts will become an issue for GS. That being said, even if they offload Klay for spare parts, they still have a core of KD, Curry, and Green which is still great.

As far as teams that can dethrone GS I think Boston and Minny have the players/youth where the timeline lines up for a passing of the guard scenario. Both of those teams have youth/ tools to get better and add to their current roster.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    I wonder if Klay could pull an Irving and get his way into Boston, which could offer up Tatum, Morris, Smart and maybe a good pick for Thompson and Looney.
    Boston would have the deadliest back court in the league and that additional star they need. Klay still wouldn't be the top scorer, but he'd probably be No. 2 instead of No. 3 in Golden State. I don't think Boston would worry about re-signing him.
    Golden State gets a solid young stud in Tatum, along with the cap space to improve their depth and/or re-sign the guys they're developing.

Klay is coming to Philly so forget about that!

I think the only team that could do it is Boston in like 4 years. The caveat here is I might completely change my mind on them in 12 months. They are the only team with upside, picks and good management that I can imagine challenging GS in the near future.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

2018-2019 LA Lakers

Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Paul George
    LeBron James
    Brook Lopez

Few things need to happen before Lebron would ever consider the Lakers. (most of hte hype around this is the media and Laker fans building it up).

1. Ingram has a lot to prove. His rookie season was not very good. Yes he's 20 but he has a year to show Lebron he's an all-star type player.

2. Ball is a very talented kid. but that jump shot is straight garbage right now. I have no doubt it will improve, but once again he has a year to show lebron he can be the face of the Lakers (magics remarks).

3. Gotta land Paul George. Westbrook and Thunder will do everything possible to keep him. if he gets deep into the playoffs and not sure what Lebrons going to do(Lebron won't tell anyone) he may just stay with Westbrook.

4. Brook lopez is injury probe and butt lol. Need to land some good bench players. Lebron doesn't have much time left.

5. Do something to the warriors big 4 lol. It seems stupid for anyone who wants to make the finals to join a west team right now. The west is insane and at least in the east lebron can take days off.

many other things thats just a few. im bored.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I'm not even sure the Celtics could compete with the Cavs.

But look at it this way, if Kyrie couldn't beat the Warriors with LeBron, Love and TT, how could he beat them with Hayward and Horford? I mean... really?

Even if somebody believes that this year's Celtics could beat this year's Cavs, there simply isn't an argument to be made that they are better than last year's Cavs.

And if that Cavs teams got decimated by the Warriors, then the Warriors would likely sweep the Celtics.

And this Warriors team will frankly be better this year. They had some mild growing pains last season. This year, they'll be on point all year.

Barring injury AND the formation of another superteam (I don't even think one or the other would help: it has to be both), the Warriors have the next two or three titles locked up.

We might see the Spurs give them a run. And hey, maybe the Rockets with CP3 will make them work hard. But neither of these teams have the depth. Parker, Manu, and Gasol have all had great career, but they are getting older. Leonard is amazing, but he is one person. LMA is good, but he's not going to help Leonard put much of a dent in that team.

CP3 is going to have an aneurysm trying to talk his teammates (read Harden) into playing defense, and is likely to be the first player since Sprewell to choke his own coach (again, for lack of D). I don't see that roster competing defensively with the Warriors.

Whoever comes out of the east... well... they are just competing for the runner-up trophy out there, unless IT is healthy and somebody becomes and effective defender.

The Cavs best chance will come the next year if they draft a great player with that pick. Unless they manage a trade for Conley or CP3 this year with IT and that pick.

It takes an average of almost 4 years for fans to see a new NBA champion (meaning a franchise winning it who hasn't won it before). With the Celtics coming up, and the Lakers, and the Cavs in a strong position (assuming they hold onto James and draft well: which is not a given), and the Rockets and Spurs being the only teams current in a position to make the Warriors work, I say it's another 2 or 3 years before somebody other than the Warriors win, and another 5 or 6 seasons at least (likely over 10) before we see a franchise break their championship cherry.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 09-09-2017 at 01:06 PM.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I'm not even sure the Celtics could compete with the Cavs.

But look at it this way, if Kyrie couldn't beat the Warriors with LeBron, Love and TT, how could he beat them with Hayward and Horford? I mean... really?

Even if somebody believes that this year's Celtics could beat this year's Cavs, there simply isn't an argument to be made that they are better than last year's Cavs.

And if that Cavs teams got decimated by the Warriors, then the Warriors would likely sweep the Celtics.

And this Warriors team will frankly be better this year. They had some mild growing pains last season. This year, they'll be on point all year.

Barring injury AND the formation of another superteam (I don't even think one or the other would help: it has to be both), the Warriors have the next two or three titles locked up.

We might see the Spurs give them a run. And hey, maybe the Rockets with CP3 will make them work hard. But neither of these teams have the depth. Parker, Manu, and Gasol have all had great career, but they are getting older. Leonard is amazing, but he is one person. LMA is good, but he's not going to help Leonard put much of a dent in that team.

CP3 is going to have an aneurysm trying to talk his teammates (read Harden) into playing defense, and is likely to be the first player since Sprewell to choke his own coach (again, for lack of D). I don't see that roster competing defensively with the Warriors.

Whoever comes out of the east... well... they are just competing for the runner-up trophy out there, unless IT is healthy and somebody becomes and effective defender.

The Cavs best chance will come the next year if they draft a great player with that pick. Unless they manage a trade for Conley or CP3 this year with IT and that pick.

It takes an average of almost 4 years for fans to see a new NBA champion (meaning a franchise winning it who hasn't won it before). With the Celtics coming up, and the Lakers, and the Cavs in a strong position (assuming they hold onto James and draft well: which is not a given), and the Rockets and Spurs being the only teams current in a position to make the Warriors work, I say it's another 2 or 3 years before somebody other than the Warriors win, and another 5 or 6 seasons at least (likely over 10) before we see a franchise break their championship cherry.
    Ya, I said in like 4 years. Definitely not now.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Klay isn't looking to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not yet but im sure he will be. Him and/or Durant. I don't see either of them sticking around much longer. Curry and Green i feel will stay in GS for a very long time.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    he doesn't need to be. Once that repeater tax is staring GS in the face, after winning 3-4 chips, he is gone regardless. Unless of course Klay is willing to take way under his market value.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast