Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    I think we had a positive game, but it is worth some critique on our OC. I realize that we have Beast Mode on a snap count restriction, but I thought we got him for goal line situations? But we have a scoring opportunity inside the 5 and don't hand the ball to Lynch once? Seems weird. Seems like an OC still learning how to use his weapons.

I know that our identity runs through Carr, but we need TDs in the red zone. We have one of the best offensive lines, we have a GREAT short yardage runner, I felt like JDR/OC were trying to mirror Seattle in Marshawn's last game with them.

That series of calls should have been the other thing that JDR didn't like about the game.
    I think we will need to get used to the fact that Lynch's carries will be limited all year. People that want him to get 25-30 touches are going to be disappointed. It would have been nice to see him get at least one carry in that sequence after the 4th down conversion.

There may be a few instances when we let him go over how much we intend to use him. Once the playoffs start I think the snap count goes out the window. We want him to be healthy and fresh if the Raiders get that far.

Good thing is the Raiders have some backs to spell Lynch to take a nice break during the game. Lynch will be the closer. It was awesome to watch him bulldoze defenders in short yardage situations. Raiders achilles heal last year were converting those 3rd and short yardage plays late in games to close teams out. Lynch is such a beast in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I was telling Downing to **** off after that series, screaming at the TV. However, he adjusted his play calling the rest of the game. By the end, I was impressed with his adjustments and the offense reflected it. We were a few dropped passes and misreads from blowing them out IMO.

At this point, I am not to worried about him pulling a Trestman every game and just throwing it like crazy... We will see though. That was his lone bad spot.
    you weren't the only one the game thread was burning

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    PFF OAK Raiders‏ @PFF_Oakland 1d1 day ago
    #Raiders E. Vanderdoes had 4 pressures on 20 attempts at TEN, 3rd best PFF pass rush productivity for interior defender with 20+ pass rushes
    Post game interview with EV was interesting kid literally shared every detail. He's clearly avsmart footballer was reading their OL feet like a book but boy did their coaches get an insight into how to handle him next time.

Overall a pretty good showing last week. It is always a great feeling to start the season off with a victory and to enter the next week relatively healthy. Our young kicker performed in his first NFL game and I really like Vanderdoes, he can be the piece we were missing in that position and raise the level of play of that unit. Mack starting slow on the sack count again, but he is crazy good so I am not worried. I am really looking forward to this team destroying what I presume to be a hapless Jets team this week.

Raider Nation boys! Raider Nation.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

Where did this guy come from!!! All last year Jelly went backwards this is a huge improvement

https://youtu.be/E6YxFD_su6I

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Where did this guy come from!!! All last year Jelly went backwards this is a huge improvement

https://youtu.be/E6YxFD_su6I
    He's had the potential all along. I think he played to heavy. Rumor has it he is in better shape this year. He might just be "getting it" this season and having Vanderdoes playing well and MEJ back doesn't hurt either.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748