Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    If you are referring to the Corey Davis catch on Ammerson that was a hell of a catch. His coverage was perfect. He doesn't need to turn his head, he needs to rip the ball out of his hands while falling to the ground. Great corners look at eyes than hands and go for a strip.
    You could be right, I thought he should have turned around to see the ball, goes to show how much I know.

Also the penalties were kept to a minimum

I agree Inter Milan has been mediocre since losing Mourinho. Juventus is
    the team of a true Northern Italian. How could a fan who roots for Azzurri ever root against the greatest keep in the History of the sport, Buffon
    I am a Rossoneri supporter, but I was rooting for Buffon against Real Madrid in the UCL final. Really can't root against him. Also, since Juve seem to be half of the Azzurri squad, its hard to root against them. Instead, I try to be ambivalent towards them!

PFF OAK Raiders‏ @PFF_Oakland 1d1 day ago
    #Raiders E. Vanderdoes had 4 pressures on 20 attempts at TEN, 3rd best PFF pass rush productivity for interior defender with 20+ pass rushes

Booger is definitely opening a few eyes. Hope the defense builds on that performance in the next game. I'm starting to miss the turnovers.
    "Why can't we tell the world that [as the Raiders' coach] you refused to play games in the segregated South, holding out to the point where they were canceled?' And he would stop me dead in my tracks and say, 'Hey, kid -- I didn't do it for publicity. I did it because it was right.' "

If you are referring to the Corey Davis catch on Ammerson that was a hell of a catch. His coverage was perfect. He doesn't need to turn his head, he needs to rip the ball out of his hands while falling to the ground. Great corners look at eyes than hands and go for a strip.
    I really can't fault Amerson. That was a heck of a catch. Overall, he didn't have a bad game.

I think we had a positive game, but it is worth some critique on our OC. I realize that we have Beast Mode on a snap count restriction, but I thought we got him for goal line situations? But we have a scoring opportunity inside the 5 and don't hand the ball to Lynch once? Seems weird. Seems like an OC still learning how to use his weapons.

I know that our identity runs through Carr, but we need TDs in the red zone. We have one of the best offensive lines, we have a GREAT short yardage runner, I felt like JDR/OC were trying to mirror Seattle in Marshawn's last game with them.

That series of calls should have been the other thing that JDR didn't like about the game.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I really can't fault Amerson. That was a heck of a catch. Overall, he didn't have a bad game.
    I can blame him top cbs don't let rookies catch passes on them like that but he did play well after

Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    I think we had a positive game, but it is worth some critique on our OC. I realize that we have Beast Mode on a snap count restriction, but I thought we got him for goal line situations? But we have a scoring opportunity inside the 5 and don't hand the ball to Lynch once? Seems weird. Seems like an OC still learning how to use his weapons.

I know that our identity runs through Carr, but we need TDs in the red zone. We have one of the best offensive lines, we have a GREAT short yardage runner, I felt like JDR/OC were trying to mirror Seattle in Marshawn's last game with them.

That series of calls should have been the other thing that JDR didn't like about the game.
    I'm not going to make a big deal of it, but that thought did cross my mind. The only thing I can think of was that Carr saw that they were playing run, and opted out. It wouldn't hurt to try once, just to make a statement.

The impact of Vanderdoes on the middle of that D line. Raiders were terrible in the interior especially in the begginning of last season. Now with a healthy Mario Edwards and Vanderdoes, it was night and day, what a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZrv3hpNnhg&t=1s

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I'm not going to make a big deal of it, but that thought did cross my mind. The only thing I can think of was that Carr saw that they were playing run, and opted out. It wouldn't hurt to try once, just to make a statement.
    That sequence was a head scratcher, to be sure. On the one-step slant, it highlighted the one area where Carr and Coop need to improve. Both guys need to calm down and mentally slow down. Carr hurried the throw to Coop and Coop didn't get his hands up. The TD was there to take, but the rushed execution by both guys resulted in an incompletion. Small problems that will get cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post

I was telling Downing to **** off after that series, screaming at the TV. However, he adjusted his play calling the rest of the game. By the end, I was impressed with his adjustments and the offense reflected it. We were a few dropped passes and misreads from blowing them out IMO.

At this point, I am not to worried about him pulling a Trestman every game and just throwing it like crazy... We will see though. That was his lone bad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Balltime View Post
    The impact of Vanderdoes on the middle of that D line. Raiders were terrible in the interior especially in the begginning of last season. Now with a healthy Mario Edwards and Vanderdoes, it was night and day, what a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZrv3hpNnhg&t=1s

I was watching him all game. This video really breaks down the good plays he made. Vanderdoes may be our savior... He's exactly what we need in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    I can blame him top cbs don't let rookies catch passes on them like that but he did play well after
    I guess sense no one else addressed this I will. First off Amerson isn't a top CB, I don't know where anyone, even homers get this idea from. Let's remember he graded out lower than Sean Smith last season despite Smith's historically bad first game.

Secondly we have seen several highly drafted WRs come in the league and make great catches over top CBs. Amari Cooper had success against Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden as a rookie off the top of my head. Beckham Jr., Randy Moss, the list goes on with highly regarded rookies performing well against top cbs.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast