Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by csraiders View Post
    Off topic what y'all think of Romo commentating the game? I liked him gave good insight
    I think Romo did an outstanding job! His experience showed as he read the defense, predicted plays and was spot on. I look forward to another Romo commentating game

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    It's normal, don't worry bud, nothing alarming about that.
    I thought Romo was great, but I am concerned with him picking up Carr's signals.

As far as I can tell, the Raiders escaped week 1 with no major injuries. Good news all around.

It's finally happened. I no longer fear us crossing the Mississippi to play an early morning game on the road.
    "Why can't we tell the world that [as the Raiders' coach] you refused to play games in the segregated South, holding out to the point where they were canceled?' And he would stop me dead in my tracks and say, 'Hey, kid -- I didn't do it for publicity. I did it because it was right.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos93 View Post
    It was ok, but the alarming thing was he was picking up Carr signals pretty easily. Meaning the other team can.
    Yeat, that was weird...I noticed that too on a few plays. Downing & Co. need to look at and address that.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    The defense was relatively impressive yesterday, especially in the second half. Nice to see us make adjustments...lol, not used to that.

-Stork
    After what I called a disappointing 1st half, the defense picked up. Was actually a solid game all the way around. Making a second half adjustment was a refreshing surprise. Give me some more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    After what I called a disappointing 1st half, the defense picked up. Was actually a solid game all the way around. Making a second half adjustment was a refreshing surprise. Give me some more of that.
    Thanks to Pagano, you can tell dude was all in on most of the plays. Good *** pickup man.

Is it normal for him to have a headset as well as the D Coordinator? I noticed he had one which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    Yeat, that was weird...I noticed that too on a few plays. Downing & Co. need to look at and address that.
    He was looking at the formations. Some were pretty obvious.....but he guessed wrong a few times too.

I think romo picking up carrs play just comes from experience as yet another all time great quarterback.Its not like the defense knew what was comiing.Romos a qb,everybody chill.

I would be more worried if it were a defensive great predicting the calls. Romo can do it because he set up offensive plays for well over a decade.
    Last edited by Seoul Raider; 09-11-2017 at 02:21 PM.

So, Vadal plays 9 plays, and out of the 9 ,he gave up 2 sacks???

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I thought Romo was great, but I am concerned with him picking up Carr's signals.

As far as I can tell, the Raiders escaped week 1 with no major injuries. Good news all around.
    Much ado about nothing, most QBs know how to read defenses and many use the same terms. Come to the line with multiple plays then yell kill x amount of times to determine which play will be ran. I'm sure Rich Gannon and plenty of other QBs that broadcast could do the same, the question really is should Romo be even attempting to decipher the defense and our plays out loud? Never seen anyone else do that. Will be interesting to see if he keeps that up throughout the season, my guess is he won't.

I have no problem with the way they played, I had a problem with Emerson not looking at the ball when he defended, and the few dropsies by Cooper, and the 2 sacks in a row, but overall, they didn't have to come from behind, it wasn't a nail-biter, and Tevecchio came through when he was called upon. There was nothing not to like about the game. The defense looked pretty good, weren't we an underdog?

Here is my take aways from the game...

1. Offense plays with a lot of confidence.
    2. Patterson and Seth both blocked very well from the receiver spots.
    3. Newhouse is the right tackle
    4. Carr is very good.
    5. I will reserve my judgement of the defense after another game or two.
    6. I like our kicker.
    7. Players respond to JDR.
    8. Osmele might actually kill someone this year.
    9. I was happy that King didn't gallop off the field. I love his energy but just let your kicking do your talking.
    10. As an Ohio guy, it was nice to see the Browns showed that coming together with first responders unites people together and will solve more problems than kneeling for the anthem. Kudos for good judgement. The NFL needed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I have no problem with the way they played, I had a problem with Emerson not looking at the ball when he defended, and the few dropsies by Cooper, and the 2 sacks in a row, but overall, they didn't have to come from behind, it wasn't a nail-biter, and Tevecchio came through when he was called upon. There was nothing not to like about the game. The defense looked pretty good, weren't we an underdog?
    If you are referring to the Corey Davis catch on Ammerson that was a hell of a catch. His coverage was perfect. He doesn't need to turn his head, he needs to rip the ball out of his hands while falling to the ground. Great corners look at eyes than hands and go for a strip.

PFF OAK Raiders‏ @PFF_Oakland
    #Raiders top 5 PFF graded players against #Titans
    Khalil Mack 93.0
    Sean Smith 86.3
    Rodney Hudson 85.6
    Donald Penn 83.2
    Kelechi Osemele 83.0

Never Forget

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast