Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Nice overall win. Nothing fancy...just physical football. Good that they didn't push the envelope. Titans were looking for the deep stuff. Not a high stats game but just as effective.
    This is how KC plays the Raiders, a lot of zone, 2 deep to take away the deep ball. This is why Beast Mode will help punish teams who try to take away the deep ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    You're better than that Stork
    Yeah, you'd think I'd have learned to only comment with the benefit of hindsight.

You can appear so smart with hindsight.

You'd almost think I don't give a **** about what other people think about me.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Lynch looks like this year will be entertaining.

Patterson looks good. He adds a wrinkle that will be explosive some games.

Coop/Crab looked as expected.

Cook looked like a monster. He might be our most important addition this offseason when it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Mackin View Post
    Was it just me or did our MLB position look solid today? Maybe it was a result of our DL? I liked how James looked and the guy who was his back up made a pivotal play.
    Not sure about solid but above average game especially with us using a 2nd year former 6th round pick converted DE, 5th round rookie MLB and UDFA DIV III rookie.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by Balltime View Post
    This is how KC plays the Raiders, a lot of zone, 2 deep to take away the deep ball. This is why Beast Mode will help punish teams who try to take away the deep ball.
    Have to admit, not much to complain about today. They way this team played today was like the old Raiders not blowing anyone out, just basically outplaying the opposition.....gotta like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Lynch looks like this year will be entertaining.

Patterson looks good. He adds a wrinkle that will be explosive some games.

Coop/Crab looked as expected.

Cook looked like a monster. He might be our most important addition this offseason when it's all said and done.
    Cook looks like he could catch any contested pass thrown his way. If we can develop him as a red zone weapon in our O it will be huge.

What I was most impressed with was the last drive. I don't think we had a drive like that all of last year. Over four minutes left Titans knew we were going to run the ball. Raiders imposed their will took the Titans time outs and the two minute warning then made it a two score lead.

It was nice to know the game was over and not have to worry if the D could hold on for the win or pray for Carr to save us.

Carr looks like he is ready to take the crown for best QB. Defense played a lot better in the 2nd half and somehow we were able to hide Smith. Tavecchio also really impressed me but it's only 1 game and this game can screw you over the next week.

Just drove past a guy in a silver honda/hyundai decked out with raider logos on I24 headed east!

Gave him a couple of fist pumps and honks and a #1... he looked at me like I was from outer space.

Good win!

I have no idea of how to link it on here, but on Ted Nguyen's twitter some guy posted Jurell Casey's wiki page that someone has updated that says

'On September the 10th 2017, Casey had his MF'n face run over by Oakland Raiders runningback Marshawn Lynch'

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That is pure gold 😂😂😂

That's hilarious. I love when people do that
    Official Kevin King Crew

Not perfect, but I am proud of the team overall, especially with the second half adjustments and Tavecchio stepping up!

Our Safety's still make too many tackles KJ 9 Nelson 8. Guys in front need to find the ball carrier better

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    Hey fellas

I am at work and unable to watch the game.

Sounds like Raiders D is not playing so well then huh?

How is the offense looking?
    The defense would look better with "The Outlaw" Josey Jewell in there, just saying.

To be honest, I was convinced that Tennessee would run all over the Raiders with DeMarco Murray, Derrick Henry and Marcus Mariota because of the starters at linebacker. I didn't watch until the 4th quarter. The Raiders offense played the way I wanted them to: use Marshawn Lynch's power cunningly and Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington as change-of-pace runners. They shouldn't expect Lynch to carry the ball 250+ times and should think about using Jamize Olawale and Elijah Hood in the same way, especially so that Lynch doesn't become predictable. The sports talk show I was listening to had it right in saying that Lynch played like a closer would in baseball: bring in Lynch in the 1st quarter and with the lead in the 4th quarter to pick up late 1st downs to ice the game because the defense will be gassed by then. I would bet that Cordarrelle Patterson could make plays on reverses as well. The Raiders can throw the ball, no question, but even the Patriots ran the ball in their first three Superbowl wins. The modern era of the NFL still needs a running game ... we just don't see franchise runners as much (there are exceptions).

The Raiders D looked good and should continue to improve, eventually getting Gareon Conley and Obi Melifonwu in the secondary. Marquel Lee, Cory James, and Tyrell Adams might not have been a bad idea at linebacker ... the Raiders, for the most part, contained the running game of a top 3 running team. That's why I was reluctant to watch this game... I thought the Raiders D would get shredded and that Tennessee was a prove-it game, even if it is Week 1. The Titans are still a 10-6 team--especially when the Jaguars can dominate the Texans like they did. So the Raiders passed the test (in my mind). Now the question is whether the Raiders can handle the Chiefs, Chargers, and Broncos.

Good ole Raiders-Chiefs rivalry (and I'm not even old enough to have seen that!)

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast