Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Tennessee is going to try running it down the Raiders throats as they did last season. The middle of the defense needs to make some plays and Oakland needs to jump out to an early lead and force Mariotta to make mistakes. Dj vu but ain't **** changed.

Let's hope it's a bit more convincing this season and Lewan doesn't bail the Raiders out.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL MAGROIN View Post
    It's really weird writing this, but Al got it correct by playing man - bump and run coverage. It gave our past DL/LB pass rush time to get to the QB because the QB could not release the ball after 2 seconds. Our problem is that we do not have CB's anywhere near good enough to play a bump and run scheme lol that is why the base coverage in our seconday is a cover 2, to give extra help over the top to our CB's to prevent any big plays because our CB's are crap lol. We tend to give 10 yards of a cushion, which makes for an easy pitch and catch. If this is the base defense and what we will see for the season then there is no point in having a Khalil Mack because he will be a non factor in games. People moan about our LB's, but tell me you have confidence in this :-

LCB David Amerson Gareon Conley Dexter McDonald
    RCB Sean Smith/TJ Carrie Antonio Hamilton

lol our starters aren't great players, but if one gets hurt we are screwed with the back ups we have.
    Given his size, Sean Smith is the ideal bump-and-run CB. I think Amerson can to a lesser extent. Carrie is a lost cause, and seeing how long we've held on to McDonald and he's barely played, says all I need to hear.

Who's with me on the Vita Vea draft train?

N. Cog Neato Phil MaGroin

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Still preseason. Hardly means anything. Everything is super vanilla, How much were the starters out there. Overreaction
    The thing is we pulled out a lot of games last year. We can't expect to do that on a regular basis. Sooner or later, there's a fumble or a Carr pass gets tipped and intercepted, and the other team takes a knee and runs out the clock.

Reggie did next to nothing to improve our defense this last offseason. We are still anemic at DT and MLB. Sooner or later, that's gonna gets us beat.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Our DB's are better then given credit for IMO. They just aren't a fit for this scheme. It's like trying to fit a square in a round hole. I bet you a Dunken Donut then once we release Smith next year he become a all star with his next team.
    Our pass rush is what's making them look bad, imo. Deion Sanders, Lester Hayes, Ronnie Lott, and Ed Reed in their prime would look bad with our DL.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Our pass rush is what's making them look bad, imo. Deion Sanders, Lester Hayes, Ronnie Lott, and Ed Reed in their prime would look bad with our DL.
    Can't argue with that.

My son is going to this one. He asked me if I wanted to go and I said no. I hate crowds and Titans fans.
    Now I kinda want to go.

True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Balltime View Post
    I think at some point of the season, Hood services will be needed.
    He's needed now! We can't go without a backup at fullback. Putting him on the practice squad was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Balltime View Post
    Let's hope the Raiders don't sit on leads like last season. They get a nice lead, and they go conservative, run run pass, trying to eat up the clock. Although Beast Mode will help pound teams out in the 2nd half, Raiders let teams back in the game far to many times last season. Let's hope the new OC give Carr and Company the opportunity to put teams out.
    The one game we tried to keenthe pedal down Carr got hurt, I doubt we're super aggressive ever again down the stretch

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    The one game we tried to keenthe pedal down Carr got hurt, I doubt we're super aggressive ever again down the stretch
    Unfortunately, unless the D makes a 180, we'll have to keep the pedal to the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    He's needed now! We can't go without a backup at fullback. Putting him on the practice squad was a mistake.
    No he isn't! He isn't a fullback. He is a tailback. When Lynch, Richard or Wash aren't available then it will be his turn.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    This game was one of the most balanced attacks, best (complete)games actually the Raiders have played all season. I wouldn't call that game a petal to the metal. They dominated both the run and the pass in that game. It was a fluke play (injury). I though the concept of being more aggressive vs teams with leads in the 2nd half would be a concept understood with how the season went last season, successful yes, but hope now they can develop more of a killer instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Not every team, J-E-T-S. Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

No one in their right mind would look at the Jets on paper and think they improved. They are pretty much using this as a throw away season and vying for a top draft pick.
    And Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
    Maybe im putting too much stock in this game but to me this is a statement game. This game imo has the potential to set the tone for the season.
    Yup, like you just wrote 'too much stock'. It's a week to week league.

I swear, I try my best to be level headed and think rationally about the season as a whole. However the day before the Raiders play I get so irrationally emotional about the game. Right now it's "the end of the world" and I'm not liking this week. I love football lol pray for my wife's sanity this year.

There goes Janikowski for 8 weeks. Tavecchio to the rescue. Hope he doesn't keep shanking extra points.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast