Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    Excellent point. While the Raider defenses of the 1970's were intimidating, they did not come close to leading the league in any statistic other than guys knocked out. The 1983 defense was better, maybe the best we ever had. This year's defense needs to stay opportunistic and stop allowing big plays.
    The key there is stop the big plays! I recall NUMEROUS times last season where the defense would hold on 1st and second down and give up 10 plus yards on 3rd. How many times did we see loss of yardage and let a team convert on 3rd and 15 or so. While the defense did give up a lot.of points, it was usually on a big play or those damn tight ends across the middle. Stop those two areas and I think we will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    NE is coached so damn well it makes me sick
    Belichick is there 17 years now and has had 13 top ten D's vs. points given up....and 10 in the last 11 years.

The man knows what he's doing.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Belichick is there 17 years now and has had 13 top ten D's vs. points given up....and 10 in the last 11 years.

The man knows what he's doing.

-Stork
    I agree and more importantly he knows how to make in-game adjustments as well as season to season adjustments. How often do you see his teams continually have the same weaknesses? If you asked me who I'd rather have Brady or Belicheck I'd take Belicheck every time without even considering Brady. He went 11-4 with Matt Cassel as a starter and went 3-1 last year with average QB play.

NFL week 1: Oakland Raiders(0-0) @ Tennessee Titans(0-0)

No doubt, I agree completely.

-Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Belicheck always tells the players its a players game. That's like Kasparov telling a pawn it's a chess pieces game!

Agree with you all. However, the fact that he knows his offense can put points up in a hurry if needed, he can gamble more on D. We just might take that same approach.....hope we guess right.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    The key there is stop the big plays! I recall NUMEROUS times last season where the defense would hold on 1st and second down and give up 10 plus yards on 3rd. How many times did we see loss of yardage and let a team convert on 3rd and 15 or so. While the defense did give up a lot.of points, it was usually on a big play or those damn tight ends across the middle. Stop those two areas and I think we will be alright.
    In chess check mate is invariably not the move you were trying to initially defend many moves earlier. Those plays open up because our safety's or corners or LB's are over playing another threat. If Reggie Nelson is constantly worried about run support or crossing patterns guess what. KJ had far too many run tackles in a couple of games last year as I recall. I'm convinced it's bad scheme implementation and coaching. Too often players are just in the wrong place or position to make the play. We are often out thought

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Agree with you all. However, the fact that he knows his offense can put points up in a hurry if needed, he can gamble more on D. We just might take that same approach.....hope we guess right.
    Belicheck isn't playing high risk D though it's calculated and planned. Although last SB was like watching him and Shanahan play Paper Scissors Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    In chess check mate is invariably not the move you were trying to initially defend many moves earlier. Those plays open up because our safety's or corners or LB's are over playing another threat. If Reggie Nelson is constantly worried about run support or crossing patterns guess what. KJ had far too many run tackles in a couple of games last year as I recall. I'm convinced it's bad scheme implementation and coaching. Too often players are just in the wrong place or position to make the play. We are often out thought
    It happens because we're weak, and have to defend against what we think is coming. Under those circumstances we don't have a chance. Andy Reid will outsmart us most of the time....it's just a matter of execution. Our D is very easy to solve. Although, we let teams move up and down between the 20's. Inside the 20's they played pretty well.

F ck Belichick!

Honestly. Do some of you guys need a safe place? We haven't played a game yet, and some of you sound like you need to put your feetsy pajamas on and go to bed.

Whoa is me, we don't have this ,we don't have that.

Serously, I would not want you in my platoon, you quit too easily!!!!

We are going to do well this year, you'll see. This will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    It happens because we're weak, and have to defend against what we think is coming. Under those circumstances we don't have a chance. Andy Reid will outsmart us most of the time....it's just a matter of execution. Our D is very easy to solve. Although, we let teams move up and down between the 20's. Inside the 20's they played pretty well.
    Short fields stop big yardage plays on all teams. Here's hoping Paganos designed and installed game plan for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    F ck Belichick!

Honestly. Do some of you guys need a safe place? We haven't played a game yet, and some of you sound like you need to put your feetsy pajamas on and go to bed.

Whoa is me, we don't have this ,we don't have that.

Serously, I would not want you in my platoon, you quit too easily!!!!

We are going to do well this year, you'll see. This will be fun.
    Lol we are discussing our D it's cathartic.

LOL, I love messing with you guys.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Balltime View Post
    Kodi
    Do you really need to use a VPN when watching games on Kodi?

Raiders 27

Titans 17

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast