View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Giants

0 0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

1 100.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Week 1: Dallas Cowboys (0-0) vs New York Giants (0-0)

Code:
    Dallas Cowboys VS New York Giants
    9/10/2017 8:30 PM EST
    AT&T Stadium
    Statistical Highlights (2016)
    Dak Prescott Yards: 3667 TDs: 23 INTs: 4 RATING: 104.9 Eli Manning Yards: 4027 TDs: 26 INTs: 16 RATING: 86.0 Ezekiel Elliott Yards: 1681 TDs: 15 Attempts: 322 YPC: 5.1 Paul Perkins Yards: 456 TDs: 0 Attempts: 112 YPC: 4.1 Dez Bryant Yards: 796 TDs: 8 Catches: 50 YPC: 15.9 Odell Beckham Jr. Yards: 1367 TDs: 10 Catches: 101 YPC: 13.5 Cole Beasley Yards: 833 TDs: 5 Receptions: 75 YPC: 11.1 Brandon Marshall Yards: 788 TDs: 3 Receptions: 59 YPC: 13.4 Jason Witten Yards: 673 TDs: 3 Catches: 69 YPC: 9.8 Rhett Ellison Yards: 57 TDs: 0 Catches: 9 YPC: 6.3

Football is back finally! We again play the Giants week one (is this some sort of tradition now?).

Gonna be a tough one, I'm sure. It always is against the G-Men. Their defense is tough, but I think we'll win. I especially think we will win if we have Zeke but I imagine McFadden could do fine as well. Dak needs to avoid a slow start, though. If we can get rolling right out of the gate like he did in the preseason then I'll be very confident for the game. If he comes out slow and missing like he did almost every game last year before putting out heroic second half performance then I don't know how it will go.

One good thing is that the Giants don't really have a great offense. Their running game is weak along with their offensive line. They've got talented receivers but if we can get after Eli then I think we can take the game.

It'll be close, like it always is against them, but we'll pull it out. I'm guessing Cowboys win, 27-21.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Football is back finally! We again play the Giants week one (is this some sort of tradition now?).

Gonna be a tough one, I'm sure. It always is against the G-Men. Their defense is tough, but I think we'll win. I especially think we will win if we have Zeke but I imagine McFadden could do fine as well. Dak needs to avoid a slow start, though. If we can get rolling right out of the gate like he did in the preseason then I'll be very confident for the game. If he comes out slow and missing like he did almost every game last year before putting out heroic second half performance then I don't know how it will go.

One good thing is that the Giants don't really have a great offense. Their running game is weak along with their offensive line. They've got talented receivers but if we can get after Eli then I think we can take the game.

It'll be close, like it always is against them, but we'll pull it out. I'm guessing Cowboys win, 27-21.
    Yup. This game, and really the Giants' whole season, depends on the offensive line. Offense is complete boom or bust. If the line fails you guys could destroy us. Especially if McAdoo sticks with his ridiculously over conservative play calling. I guarantee most of our possessions will be this:
    1st down- 3 wr set, run up the gut and stuffed at the line.
    2nd down - off tackle run for 1 yard
    3rd down - incomplete pass with Eli under pressure
    Punt

Never thought our offense would get MORE conservative with Coughlin gone.

Good luck guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yup. This game, and really the Giants' whole season, depends on the offensive line. Offense is complete boom or bust. If the line fails you guys could destroy us. Especially if McAdoo sticks with his ridiculously over conservative play calling. I guarantee most of our possessions will be this:
    1st down- 3 wr set, run up the gut and stuffed at the line.
    2nd down - off tackle run for 1 yard
    3rd down - incomplete pass with Eli under pressure
    Punt

Never thought our offense would get MORE conservative with Coughlin gone.

Good luck guys!

Yeah McAdoo has been conservative in the games I've watched, that's gotta be frustrating. Maybe will the additions of Marshall and Engram he will call more aggressive plays. It's hard when you don't have a o-line that can protect for any amount of time though and Eli being a pretty immobile guy.

I'm so glad that football is back --- and games that matter, not just preseason games where we see the starters for a few series. For some reason, the Cowboys and Giants are always competitive with each other in each successive year. I think they really get up for this rivalry. It would be interesting to see how Marshall helps their offense, though if I were Marinelli, I would really find ways to disrupt that line and force turnovers. Watching that offense, they were on fire. If we looked at Dak's game film last year, he was still a rookie and often didn't quite see the field....they shortened the playbook to simplify for him. But, he's been working hard so he will be able to see the field much better. He was already playing at a high level protecting the ball...he'll be a better player. Dez is feeling better this year....and Beasely would be the weapon that would probably be the one that makes plays.

Yeah McAdoo has been conservative in the games I've watched, that's gotta be frustrating. Maybe will the additions of Marshall and Engram he will call more aggressive plays. It's hard when you don't have a o-line that can protect for any amount of time though and Eli being a pretty immobile guy.
    A lot of that will depend on if the Giants OL is giving Eli time to get rid of the ball. This game might come down to who sucks worse, the Giants OL or the Cowboys DL.

Now that Zeke is playing in this game I think the Cowboys will win by 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    A lot of that will depend on if the Giants OL is giving Eli time to get rid of the ball. This game might come down to who sucks worse, the Giants OL or the Cowboys DL.

Now that Zeke is playing in this game I think the Cowboys will win by 7.
    Having Zeke definitely helps. DMC and Morris can both run well and probably average a decent amount per carry, but they won't give us those 10 yard plays that turn into TDs like Zeke can. I'm glad he is playing this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I'm so glad that football is back --- and games that matter, not just preseason games where we see the starters for a few series. For some reason, the Cowboys and Giants are always competitive with each other in each successive year. I think they really get up for this rivalry. It would be interesting to see how Marshall helps their offense, though if I were Marinelli, I would really find ways to disrupt that line and force turnovers. Watching that offense, they were on fire. If we looked at Dak's game film last year, he was still a rookie and often didn't quite see the field....they shortened the playbook to simplify for him. But, he's been working hard so he will be able to see the field much better. He was already playing at a high level protecting the ball...he'll be a better player. Dez is feeling better this year....and Beasely would be the weapon that would probably be the one that makes plays.
    Dez being healthy is a big deal for us. This is the first time since 2014 basically that he has been healthy coming into the year. I expect him and Dak to play really well with one another. Beasley always had the connection with Dak so it will be interesting to see if that grows or if Dak's familiarity with other receivers might trump it.

Having Zeke definitely helps. DMC and Morris can both run well and probably average a decent amount per carry, but they won't give us those 10 yard plays that turn into TDs like Zeke can. I'm glad he is playing this week.

Dez being healthy is a big deal for us. This is the first time since 2014 basically that he has been healthy coming into the year. I expect him and Dak to play really well with one another. Beasley always had the connection with Dak so it will be interesting to see if that grows or if Dak's familiarity with other receivers might trump it.
    McFadden and Morris did look really good in the preseason...they must be feeling healthier. Morris looks faster and more elusive than I remember from last year.

Dez actually wasn't that great last year...there were times when I preferred Dak getting the ball to Beasely because Beasely was a sure thing. But, a healthy Dez is incredible, so I would love to see all the pieces working together at full strength. I really don't know how you can stop Dez, Zeke, Beasley and Witten....someone's going to get their yards.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    McFadden and Morris did look really good in the preseason...they must be feeling healthier. Morris looks faster and more elusive than I remember from last year.

Dez actually wasn't that great last year...there were times when I preferred Dak getting the ball to Beasely because Beasely was a sure thing. But, a healthy Dez is incredible, so I would love to see all the pieces working together at full strength. I really don't know how you can stop Dez, Zeke, Beasley and Witten....someone's going to get their yards.
    Yeah that's what makes our offense so lethal at times because of the wide variety of weapons. If you look at Dez's numbers last year as a whole they weren't great but if you focus on his last 6 or 7 games when him and Dak started clicking the numbers looked like elite Dez again.

People bring up the Cowboys have a tough schedule this year as opposed to last year however all of the teams in the NFC East have a tough schedule this year.

Ultimately I think the Cowboys will finish 11-5. Their offense is dominant however they defense could be equally as bad. I think the Cowboys will end up getting into the playoffs as a Wild Card finishing second to the Eagles.

People bring up the Cowboys have a tough schedule this year as opposed to last year however all of the teams in the NFC East have a tough schedule this year.

Ultimately I think the Cowboys will finish 11-5. Their offense is dominant however they defense could be equally as bad. I think the Cowboys will end up getting into the playoffs as a Wild Card finishing second to the Eagles.
    They all have tough schedules because the AFC West is up this year. They have tough 1st place games, but the overall divisions draw this year is why I think it may be tough for a wild card to come out of this division this year even though based on talent you'd think they'd have one.

Yankees Farm System

I don't see the defense being worse than last year. I don't see why it would be.

I don't see the defense being worse than last year. I don't see why it would be.
    No doubt last year's secondary was horrible. But we have no idea what we're going to get out the rookies. Especially considering they haven't been able to stay on the field in the preseason. Awuzie and Lewis missed a lot of camp which could hurt them.

Then look at the LB's. Hitchens was either going to start on the strong side or be the primary backup in the middle, now he's out for at least half the season. At some point their going to lose Wilson due to suspension and they better pray that Lee and Smith can stay healthy all year. And speaking of Smith, he's a HUGE question mark to begin with. I'm personally not confident with him trying to cover the RB or TE on passing routes.

The DL might actually be a little better.

2nd & 3 and you choose to pass it 2 times? I know we are going to give more work load to Dak this year, but seriously, why not run it?

DLaw!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast