Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Red Sox using Apple Watches to steal signs

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/s...smtyp=cur&_r=0

WASHINGTON — For decades, spying on another team has been as much a part of the gamesmanship of baseball as brushback pitches and hard slides. The Red Sox have apparently added a modern — and illicit — twist: They used an Apple Watch to gain an advantage against the Yankees and other teams.

Investigators for Major League Baseball have determined that the Boston Red Sox, who are in first place in the American League East and likely headed to the playoffs, executed a scheme to illicitly steal hand signals from opponents’ catchers in games against the second-place Yankees and other teams, according to several people briefed on the matter.
    Should be interesting to see what the League does about this.

take their draft picks and give them to the yankees

A New England professional sports team cheating. Where have I heard this before...

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    A New England professional sports team cheating. Where have I heard this before...
    If this is indicative of what will be in this thread, this is going to be unbearable.

John Farrell is an idiot, hopefully he gets fired for this. They should be fined for being stupid, and maybe suspensions to whoever was involved. I hope Farrell is fired for this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    John Farrell is an idiot, hopefully he gets fired for this. They should be fined for being stupid, and maybe suspensions to whoever was involved. I hope Farrell is fired for this lol
    That's the best part of the article, imo:
    The Red Sox told league investigators that the team’s manager, John Farrell, general manager, Dave Dombrowski, and other front-office officials were not aware of the sign-stealing operation, the people said.
    The training staff just up and decided to do this on their own, we're meant to believe.

If this is indicative of what will be in this thread, this is going to be unbearable.

It's pretty much to be expected IMO.
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 09-05-2017 at 05:58 PM.

IDK what to think about this or what if any punishment should be handed out. At the end of the day the players still have to play. Interesting they were so successful with runners on 2nd that series. Could be because of it, could be pure coincidence.

Even still - I guess since they have admitted it there needs to be some punishment.

It was Bradys fault
    #BringBackMatty

Hopefully Farrell gets canned. This could be a blessing. Thanks NY. You might be helping the Red Sox in the long run. As for the penalty, i'm going to guess 2nd round pick

PAPI SMASH!

Yeah 2nd round pick , that's it
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    #BringBackMatty

**** pats are gonna lose another 1st rounder god damnit

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

The Red Sox have to trade Sale. It's the only logical punishment I can think of.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    It's pretty much to be expected IMO.
    Ugh... I know... It's already all over the internet... literally might have to stay away from sports discussion for a week lol...

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Ugh... I know... It's already all over the internet... literally might have to stay away from sports discussion for a week lol...

A week? It hasn't stopped since 2007.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast