Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Joseph's actions after obtaining a 24-7 lead were disheartening and brought back some rancid memories of John Fox.

When you see 24-7, you have to be foaming at the mouth for a 38-7 final score.

Vance didn't see it thataway.

He unpuckered his sfinkt and the offense looked like vanilla-colored dookey during the most critical moments.

They were lucky to pull out a win, but for all the wrong reasons. The Broncos were THUMPING them all game long, from all angles, with no lubricant.

On opening night....against a division opponent....Vance needed to employ the concept of "total victory" with full force during the 4th quarter. You pound your opponent to the point where they don't even want to play against you anymore.

Instead, he folded like my pitbull's empty poop bag.

I want to see what he does the next time around...and we'll get to see it sooner rather than later. I won't draw any broad conclusions about him just yet.

But it appeared as tho McCoy stopped calling the shots midway through the fourth.
    Last edited by LaLa_Land; 09-12-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/stat...79627127431169

I stand corrected unless it's a hold
    I'm not as dumb as some of you think I am. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    17 point lead heading into the 4th..two turnovers at mid-field. **** nah...we didn't do ourselves any favors.

And if we weren't at home...we probably just completely collapse.

But listen...this is a YOUNG team. Young coaching staff (first time special teams coordinator, first time DC, first time HC)

These games are bound to happen. What matters is reacting, learning....and hopefully getting those wins.

1-0 and on top of the division I'm happy.

As far as I'm concerned you're doing it right. Must be the energy drinks..lol.
    Yep. And maybe most encouraging, the run defense was amazing and that was without Wolfe for a bit. Hopefully Leary is good for next week. There was a noticeable drop off when he left. But regarding trenches, couldn't be much happier other than the late goal line fail.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    Joseph's actions after obtaining a 24-7 lead were disheartening and brought back some rancid memories of John Fox.

When you see 24-7, you have to be foaming at the mouth for a 38-7 final score.

Vance didn't see it thataway.

He unpuckered his sfinkt and the offense looked like vanilla-colored dookey during the most critical moments.

They were lucky to pull out a win, but for all the wrong reasons. The Broncos were THUMPING them all game long, from all angles, with no lubricant.

On opening night....against a division opponent....Vance needed to employ the concept of "total victory" with full force during the 4th quarter. You pound your opponent to the point where they don't even want to play against you anymore.

Instead, he folded like my pitbull's empty poop bag.

I want to see what he does the next time around...and we'll get to see it sooner rather than later. I won't draw any broad conclusions about him just yet.
    Hopefully this was a learning experience for him. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Hopefully this was a learning experience for him. We'll see.
    I hope you're right.

And I do like Vance.

1-0!

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Damn apparently d-stew went out with groin. Hope it's not serious

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Noticed that. Leary was out for awhile too..don't think he returned to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Siemian's pick was the big one. Their DB was tackling Fowler (I think it was him) as the ball was in the air. If that PI is called, that's game and it's a laugher. It snowballed from there. On that bomb from Rivers, Okung had the edge rushers' neck in a one armed headlock. That non hold was bad too, but that non PI was horse crap.

But the Broncos really helped the Chargers. That can't happen. Charles' fumble. Watson pushing a guy into Siemian to put them in a long FG. It was bad.
    Bingo. We were GROOVING up to that point. I just can't bring myself to believe that's a legal play. He ****in tackled him before the ball got there. That ONLY is legal if it was tipped. It wasn't. I don't know how you miss that.

and I'm so glad you noticed that Okung hold too. He choke hold Shaq. Unfortunately, that type of block is 50/50...because it happens in every game all the time. It really depends on the refs mood.

We're going to have an endless debate with this but..

Is it Joseph's call or is it McCoy's? McCoy is calling the plays right?
    I'm assuming there has to be open communication between the coaches as to what they want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Our OL just wasn't good enough.

Allowed 4 sacks.

We're lucky TS made some clutch plays along with that block at the end of the game.
    To be fair, two of those sacks Siemian team right into the defenders. Needs to work on his pocket presence.

BK is right though. Watson got eaten alive tonight.

Noticed that. Leary was out for awhile too..don't think he returned to the game.

Bingo. We were GROOVING up to that point. I just can't bring myself to believe that's a legal play. He ****in tackled him before the ball got there. That ONLY is legal if it was tipped. It wasn't. I don't know how you miss that.

and I'm so glad you noticed that Okung hold too. He choke hold Shaq. Unfortunately, that type of block is 50/50...because it happens in every game all the time. It really depends on the refs mood.
    Leary left with a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    To be fair, two of those sacks Siemian team right into the defenders. Needs to work on his pocket presence.

BK is right though. Watson got eaten alive tonight.
    He actually didn't run into them, but he did miserable in deciding how to avoid them. The one major concern I took away from Trevor tonight is that he doesn't have that pocket feel. He seems to just fall backward instead of stepping in front of it. That was the cause of those two sacks
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Defense held SD to 64 rushing yards.
    That's probably the biggest thing I'm overlooking.

to me, we didn't look THAT dominant against the run but that's a nice bounceback. And we're you're down by 17...you don't do much running especially when Rivers is your QB.

Good thing they didn't have a lead to play with.

Another big game vs. Cowboys next week.

What a schedule.

Dallas is favored by one point too.
    After seeing some things tonight...I really don't blame that the Boys are favored. Big OL..have their RB and have a dual threat in Dak...that could be serious trouble. If they make a commitment attacking the edges (which they can do all day long)...we could be in serious trouble. We HAVE to have some of our DL back. We won't be able to survive with like 3 out there.

I haven't had any energy drinks like you (wish I had), so I am too tired to look it up, but IIRC we had a double digit lead going into the second half last year against the Panthers. Very similar to tonight, the win was ours. Then we went to time management mode (as always). Had a few bad penalties that helped them get back into it, and they kicked a field goal to win it. And Kubes called an icer timeout, that was followed by a miss.

Pretty similar games.
    Nah, man. We were down 17-7 heading into the 4th quarter. Not up by double digits at any point.

Completely different dynamics in these games.

That's probably the biggest thing I'm overlooking.

to me, we didn't look THAT dominant against the run but that's a nice bounceback. And we're you're down by 17...you don't do much running especially when Rivers is your QB.

Good thing they didn't have a lead to play with.

After seeing some things tonight...I really don't blame that the Boys are favored. Big OL..have their RB and have a dual threat in Dak...that could be serious trouble. If they make a commitment attacking the edges (which they can do all day long)...we could be in serious trouble. We HAVE to have some of our DL back. We won't be able to survive with like 3 out there.

Nah, man. We were down 17-7 heading into the 4th quarter. Not up by double digits at any point.

Completely different dynamics in these games.
    Lol. Last time I checked, 10 points is double digits. However, I've been drinking beer, while you've been drinking red bull. So you're definitely at an advantage.

One BIG takeaway from tonight. Gotsis was very impressive!

Lol. Last time I checked, 10 points is double digits. However, I've been drinking beer, while you've been drinking red bull. So you're definitely at an advantage.
    I mean but we weren't ahead though bro. Yes, 10 is double digits but trailing instead of leading.

I'm just busting your balls though.

Mega Energy ultra zero from Lidal. **** is pretty good. I hate redbull. Nasty flavor.

So I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's Mccoy with the conservative nature.

Meh, could be.

Joseph is relying heavily on his coordinators to call these games....why would he suddenly take over when his OC was killing it?

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast