Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Can't believe mcmoney missed that kick. Agh bummer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Refs really screwed us, but team didn't do any favors to dig themselves out. But hell, I'll take it.
    Don't think the refs screwed us. It appeared we almost screwed ourselves......big time!
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Refs really screwed us, but team didn't do any favors to dig themselves out. But hell, I'll take it.
    If McManus didn't miss that kick, it really wouldn't have mattered. And if our coaches didn't sit down with a 14 point lead, it really wouldn't have mattered. If VJ would've thrown the red flag on that Jamal run, it really wouldn't have mattered.

Seriously. If any of you recorded the game, go watch that Jamal run. It was a TD, and it was clear on replay.

Our OL just wasn't good enough.

Allowed 4 sacks.

We're lucky TS made some clutch plays along with that block at the end of the game.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Don't think the refs screwed us. It appeared we almost screwed ourselves......big time!
    Yeah I thought aside from 2 plays they did well tonight.

The screen int is either holding or PI. Im not sure about dronc said but if no PI he had a fistfull of jersey so that's a hold

And then gates coughed the football up and the whistle was not blown then all of a sudden they said play was dead..... huh?

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Can't believe mcmoney missed that kick. Agh bummer

That was and still is shocking.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Defense held SD to 64 rushing yards.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

We were our biggest enemy.

We almost imploded and offered the game on a plate to Rivers and Co.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Another big game vs. Cowboys next week.

What a schedule.

Dallas is favored by one point too.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Man, you type freakin' fast........

Don't know how you watch the gamre and type at the same time.......

Well done, BRAVE KID!
    Or is Joseph calling the game plan and mccoy is following with that situation play call

Why would Joseph be calling the game plan? Mccoy is calling the plays. McCoy has done this in the past before...with us. Talk to charger fans and they'll tell you this is VINTAGE McCoy.

It could be Joseph...no doubt but McCoy has history with this that's why I'm a bit skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Unfortunately, this is the identical game to the season opener last year against the Panthers. We didn't build much character off of that. However, I saw more in Trevor tonight than I did any time last year.

What's worrisome is we seem to be happy with a 14 point lead going into the second half as usual, and the no fly zone seems like a limited fly zone. I was very happy with our rush D though.
    No it's not. We never had a 17 point lead heading into the 4th quarter last year. Siemian never looked that like nor did our running game.

The game shifted on 3 events.

1) First and goal on the 1...and couldn't get it in. Interior kept getting busted...Siemian threw just a bit wide to Sanders on an out route.

2) 4th and 1 stuff at midfield. We get the ball. Run up the gut 2 times for nothing. Then Siemian threw that screen to fowler (of which I still believe it's a penalty...I just can't accept that's legal...that was a complete bear hug). Pick and Rivers gets to work.

3) Charles does his thing and fumbles on a crucial moment (notice how he didn't get back into the game?) It takes Rivers 1 play and ba-da boom it's a 3 point game.

The good....

Siemian made a fantastic play (with the interior getting busted AGAIN) to throw Virgil for HUGE yardage...plus a roughing the passer

Then...

we stall with two terrible sacks. The second one..Siemian shouldn't have back tracked that far...but point remains our OT's (WATSON) was AWFUL all game long.

McManus misses a 50 yarder when he was aligned right in the middle of the field. Un-clutch...and I'm losing the clutchness factor with him. (It's a feel thing)

Defense gets a big time stop leading the chance for the offense to ice the game.......

then we get two runs and a bootleg that was completely covered. Not only did he not complete a pass (couldn't) but he stopped the clock...

then Riley Dixon, after having a great game punting, punts an awful kick (30 something yards?? REALLY??)

Un-clutch from special teams in crucial moments.

Shelby harris and his monstrous wingspan saved our ***.

But far more happened in this one than last year.

Siemian's pick was the big one. Their DB was tackling Fowler (I think it was him) as the ball was in the air. If that PI is called, that's game and it's a laugher. It snowballed from there. On that bomb from Rivers, Okung had the edge rushers' neck in a one armed headlock. That non hold was bad too, but that non PI was horse crap.

But the Broncos really helped the Chargers. That can't happen. Charles' fumble. Watson pushing a guy into Siemian to put them in a long FG. It was bad.

Yeah I thought aside from 2 plays they did well tonight.

The screen int is either holding or PI. Im not sure about dronc said but if no PI he had a fistfull of jersey so that's a hold

And then gates coughed the football up and the whistle was not blown then all of a sudden they said play was dead..... huh?

Honestly, a hold would've actually been better albeit only by a yard or two. I'm just glad it didn't matter. I would've much rather seen a 14-20 blowout though.

Man, you type freakin' fast........

Don't know how you watch the gamre and type at the same time.......

Well done, BRAVE KID!
    Or is Joseph calling the game plan and mccoy is following with that situation play call

Damn apparently d-stew went out with groin. Hope it's not serious

17 point lead heading into the 4th..two turnovers at mid-field. **** nah...we didn't do ourselves any favors.

And if we weren't at home...we probably just completely collapse.

But listen...this is a YOUNG team. Young coaching staff (first time special teams coordinator, first time DC, first time HC)

These games are bound to happen. What matters is reacting, learning....and hopefully getting those wins.

1-0 and on top of the division I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Lol. I had at least a 5 second pause everytime Paulie's posts came up. I didn't have it in me to scroll down. Just had to stare for a few seconds.
    As far as I'm concerned you're doing it right. Must be the energy drinks..lol.

https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/stat...79627127431169

I stand corrected unless it's a hold

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Why would Joseph be calling the game plan? Mccoy is calling the plays. McCoy has done this in the past before...with us. Talk to charger fans and they'll tell you this is VINTAGE McCoy.

It could be Joseph...no doubt but McCoy has history with this that's why I'm a bit skeptical.

No it's not. We never had a 17 point lead heading into the 4th quarter last year. Siemian never looked that like nor did our running game.

The game shifted on 3 events.

1) First and goal on the 1...and couldn't get it in. Interior kept getting busted...Siemian threw just a bit wide to Sanders on an out route.

2) 4th and 1 stuff at midfield. We get the ball. Run up the gut 2 times for nothing. Then Siemian threw that screen to fowler (of which I still believe it's a penalty...I just can't accept that's legal...that was a complete bear hug). Pick and Rivers gets to work.

3) Charles does his thing and fumbles on a crucial moment (notice how he didn't get back into the game?) It takes Rivers 1 play and ba-da boom it's a 3 point game.

The good....

Siemian made a fantastic play (with the interior getting busted AGAIN) to throw Virgil for HUGE yardage...plus a roughing the passer

Then...

we stall with two terrible sacks. The second one..Siemian shouldn't have back tracked that far...but point remains our OT's (WATSON) was AWFUL all game long.

McManus misses a 50 yarder when he was aligned right in the middle of the field. Un-clutch...and I'm losing the clutchness factor with him. (It's a feel thing)

Defense gets a big time stop leading the chance for the offense to ice the game.......

then we get two runs and a bootleg that was completely covered. Not only did he not complete a pass (couldn't) but he stopped the clock...

then Riley Dixon, after having a great game punting, punts an awful kick (30 something yards?? REALLY??)

Un-clutch from special teams in crucial moments.

Shelby harris and his monstrous wingspan saved our ***.

But far more happened in this one than last year.
    I haven't had any energy drinks like you (wish I had), so I am too tired to look it up, but IIRC we had a double digit lead going into the second half last year against the Panthers. Very similar to tonight, the win was ours. Then we went to time management mode (as always). Had a few bad penalties that helped them get back into it, and they kicked a field goal to win it. And Kubes called an icer timeout, that was followed by a miss.

Pretty similar games.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast