Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Oh and Sam had a 158.3 passer rating under pressure lol
    Because he is amazing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

only real weak spot I saw tonight was Easton run blocking. He held up great in pass protection but he looked like he was in the backfield on every run play.

Dalvin was graded out at 68 but 83 run grade. His receiving and pass blocking was graded low but I thought he had some nice blocks.

Remmers was a 76 very solid and I'll take that any day
    Berger was a 79 and Easton was a 44. Easton was a 86 in pass block and 32 in run block.
    Elflein was a 34...68 pass block and 30 run block

Dalvin was graded out at 68 but 83 run grade. His receiving and pass blocking was graded low but I thought he had some nice blocks.

Berger was a 79 and Easton was a 44. Easton was a 86 in pass block and 32 in run block.
    seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Remember when i said Bradford was on the verge of greatness...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    No you said Sam was going to drop dimes and you were right. Skol

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    only real weak spot I saw tonight was Easton run blocking. He held up great in pass protection but he looked like he was in the backfield on every run play.
    Appears your assessment is accurate. If I recall it seems our biggest runs were when we got to the outside. I'm not sure Easton is the best fit at guard for run blocking just for the fact that he really isn't all that big. But in a passing league I'll take the suburb pass blocking.

Appears your assessment is accurate. If I recall it seems our biggest runs were when we got to the outside. I'm not sure Easton is the best fit at guard for run blocking just for the fact that he really isn't all that big. But in a passing league I'll take the suburb pass blocking.
    agreed, Cook is gonna be able to hit the edges a few times a game I just hope it doesn't hurt the between the tackles rushing too much.

My favorite part of tonight was the O line. Sooooo nice to see Sam have time to go thru reads and throw the ball.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    Glad Shurmur isn't afraid to dial it up. The first drive was all dink dunk which was what I thought we were going to get the whole game
    Yep, we're seeing what he is all about - I especially liked his aggressiveness late in the game to ice the clock. Instead of 3 interior rushes and a cloud of dust, he continues to attack. This is a modern offense.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    My favorite part of tonight was the O line. Sooooo nice to see Sam have time to go thru reads and throw the ball.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Really encouraging considering all new 5 starters. A lot of aspects to reflect upon.

1. RB - Cook got cranked up once they stopped keying on him. A few play-actions killed their over-aggressiveness toward him. Teams will pay dearly for sending 7-8 in the box to stop Cook.
    2. WR - Thielen and Diggs are a great 1-2 punch. Thielen abused #2 CB's last year and will continue exposing nickel backs this year. They can't handle him. He's becoming a star.
    3. QB - Bradford is a highly accurate thrower passing in stride on crossing routes and not throwing up for grabs. His grasp of the offense is evident as he can now confidently audible effectively as witnessed by the McKinnon 10-yard run where he noticed an unbalanced defensive front. Brilliant. He can chuck it downfield too and releases in a hurry.
    4. DLine seemed to hold things together reasonably well. Facing Bell in Pittsburgh will tell us more. Hope Jaleel gets some play after getting hurt in practice.
    5. Waynes looked solid but will again be tested in Steeler land.
    6. Didn't see LB's out of position. Gedeon is a quick study.
    7. Love love love the situational defense that Zim's been working on. No TD's in four red-zone visits until garbage time allowed one. Very sticky down there. This will win a few close games down the stretch.
    8. OL got things going and needed time to gel. Really encouraging that they not only opened holes but kept the pocket clean all night.
    9. No injuries!

Those numbers say exactly what we saw- running up the middle was virtually nonexistent
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Jets Fan View Post
    Yep, we're seeing what he is all about - I especially liked his aggressiveness late in the game to ice the clock. Instead of 3 interior rushes and a cloud of dust, he continues to attack. This is a modern offense.
    Yes I agree with you. I just hope he never calls that run to Diggs again. I hated that call. Other than that Shumur is gonna have our offense in the top 10.

Bring on the Steelers!!! Skol

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

It was a fantastic game from everyone. The secondary (mainly Waynes) could use some work. He gave like 9 catches for like 104 yds. Was hoping for more pressure on Brees but I think there whole game plan was a fast passing attack to neutralize pressure. Only had 1 sack but 2 sacks were called back because of stupid penalties. Offensively, who saw this coming? The line held up great in pass pro, we just need to see them start laying people out in run blocking. Diggs and Theilen are not "big names" like they said on the broadcast last night but if the offense keeps playing this way, they will be.

Good game this week fellas, next team up is another big test. Slightly better D and slightly better O the Steelers have over the Saints and we're on the road. Lets get it!!

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Jets Fan View Post
    Really encouraging considering all new 5 starters. A lot of aspects to reflect upon.

1. RB - Cook got cranked up once they stopped keying on him. A few play-actions killed their over-aggressiveness toward him. Teams will pay dearly for sending 7-8 in the box to stop Cook.
    2. WR - Thielen and Diggs are a great 1-2 punch. Thielen abused #2 CB's last year and will continue exposing nickel backs this year. They can't handle him. He's becoming a star.
    3. QB - Bradford is a highly accurate thrower passing in stride on crossing routes and not throwing up for grabs. His grasp of the offense is evident as he can now confidently audible effectively as witnessed by the McKinnon 10-yard run where he noticed an unbalanced defensive front. Brilliant. He can chuck it downfield too and releases in a hurry.
    4. DLine seemed to hold things together reasonably well. Facing Bell in Pittsburgh will tell us more. Hope Jaleel gets some play after getting hurt in practice.
    5. Waynes looked solid but will again be tested in Steeler land.
    6. Didn't see LB's out of position. Gedeon is a quick study.
    7. Love love love the situational defense that Zim's been working on. No TD's in four red-zone visits until garbage time allowed one. Very sticky down there. This will win a few close games down the stretch.
    8. OL got things going and needed time to gel. Really encouraging that they not only opened holes but kept the pocket clean all night.
    9. No injuries!
    Couldn't agree more! I'm still all gitty about the way we played last night. It's been a while since we saw a complete game like that. And the fact that hell we looked ****** in preseason and for the most part offenses were stale on Sunday, I thought for sure we would come out the same way.

(PFF) LT Riley Reiff:
    35 Pass Block Snaps
    0 Sacks Allowed
    0 Hits Allowed
    0 Hurries Allowed

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast