Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Week 1: Minnesota Vikings vs New Orleans Saints 9/11/17 7:10 PM ET

Week One

VS

Monday, September 11 at 7:10 PM ET

The time is here boys!!!! SKOL!!!!

Time to see if the new revamped line can be formidable, which I believe it can be. It will also be fun to watch AP run but hopefully he doesn't get "LOOOSE".

I'm just hoping for a cleanly played game. Not in the sense of people getting dirty but no sloppy play. No big penalties or defense allowing huge plays. I want to move the ball effectively on offense and play a bend but don't break defensive game. It being the last game of the first week and our history in nationally televised games makes me a bit nervous for this one. I think on paper we are the superior team but its going to come down to focus and execution. If we lose this, its on the coaching staff IMO.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

All I know is our defense is going to have to be ready and not come in looking all dazed and confused. Get them the damn smelling salts lol. Because if our defense plays bad we have no chance and there is only so much you can do against a great Drew Brees offense.

It may be the dwelling-Minnesotan in me, but I don't feel particularly confident in winning this game. I feel like either the Saints will blow us out, or the defense will keep it low scoring and the Vikings will squeak one out. I just can't see the offense looking very good in this game. New offensive line, new blocking scheme, new running backs, and a new offensive scheme. It's just a recipe for disaster early in the season. I hope I'm wrong. Saints 31 - Vikes 16

Saints D is terrible. This is a great first game for our offense imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'll admit I'm worried about this game. I worry mostly about Drew Brees picking on Waynes and Mack. I can't imagine Brock will be playing a ton this quick. Luckily Willie Snead will not be playing so we may not get crushed in the slot by him. I expect Michael Thomas to be shadowed by Rhodes. Coby Fleener is potentially a tough match up for us. Gedeon didn't look good in coverage in the preseason but he may not play a ton. Ginn can still play too.

I feel comfortable with our d-line going against their o-line. Terron Armstead is not going to play. Max Unger will probably be questionable. Ryan Ramczyk is a rookie and while he has the potential to be pretty good, he has a tough match up with Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter. Stopping the run is going to be critical. Forcing Brees to pass is still a bad thing but if they become one dimensional then we can unleash the pass rush and hopefully disrupt his timing.

The Saints D is pretty awful but Cam Jordan can take over a game. I expect Remmers to see a lot him and that worries me. If we can contain Jordan we should be ok. This is the first time this group of lineman has started a game together but the match up is pretty light. If they can open up lanes for Cook I feel good about our chances to win. Our receivers should be able to get open but Bradford is going to need to complete a few deep balls to keep the Saints safeties back. Vaccaro and Bell are solid, especially in the run game. If they don't respect the deep ball then they will likely spend more time closer to the line and that will take away space for the short passes we like to complete.

My guess is we either lose something like 30-20 or we win by a touchdown. I can see the defense struggling to get off the field on 3rd downs and the Saints milking drives against us. If we can get the pass rush going on and Rhodes limits Thomas we should be ok. Much like every other game this season, the D needs to contain the opposing O just enough so we can score 21-24 points. Zimmer has a terrific record when we score 21+.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

I'm hoping to just see a well executed passing attack. I believe all the pieces are there for our passing-game to excel but I want to see if we can actually put it together. Our ground game can be solid, but if our passing game is able to put some fear into the competition, our team will be a lot of fun to watch this year.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

I don't know...I just have this feeling that our OL is going to be pretty solid this game. Especially in the run game.

FWIW Sports Illustrated has us winning the division and going 11-5. Meeting the Packers in the NFC championship game but losing.

Week 1: Minnesota Vikings vs New Orleans Saints 9/11/17 7:10 PM ET

Anything to build confidence in our OL group is a good thing, not saying it's a walk in the park, but confidence works wonders. I am worried about the OL as the season progresses, but I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    FWIW Sports Illustrated has us winning the division and going 11-5. Meeting the Packers in the NFC championship game but losing.
    Thats ridiculous........no way is green bay beating.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Thats ridiculous........no way is green bay beating us.

I like PFF but I also know that sometimes their grading doesn't seem to add up. I'm not sure if I can only see this link since I have a subscription but I'm going to link here and then I'll explain in the next post just in case.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...top-32-nfl-qbs

Essentially what I am looking at is Bradfords ranking compared to his data. He is rated as the #19 QB but when you look at his data he should easily be a top 10 if not closer to a top 5 QB.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/...k64/Carson.jpg
    http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/...funk64/Eli.jpg
    http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/...funk64/Sam.jpg

Carson is rated #18 and Eli is #20. How in the heck is same in the middle of these two!!
    Last edited by pacofunk64; 09-08-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast