Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rockets sold for $2.2B

Sporting News NBA‏*@sn_nba 8m
    8 minutes ago

More
    Houston businessman Tilman Fertitta buying Rockets for record $2.2 billion http://dlvr.it/Pkxq76

🤘🏽

Great news for the Rockets ... probably.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

meh... more owners need to get out now...

not a lot of upside to valuations as the TV revenue is now baked into the numbers

Fertita will be a Mark Cuban type owner......

Everything he owns is garbage, he is known to cut corners, and most consider him to have Italian mob ties

He's definitely a shady guy, but also has always been a big rockets fan

I'm also concerned that he doesn't have enough money to operate the team the same way Les used to.
    Last edited by rhino17; 09-05-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

This guy related to the Fertitas that use to own UFC?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Fertita will be a Mark Cuban type owner......

Everything he owns is garbage, he is known to cut corners, and most consider him to have Italian mob ties

He's definitely a shady guy, but also has always been a big rockets fan

I'm also concerned that he doesn't have enough money to operate the team the same way Les used to.
    Yeah this would worry me if I'm a Rockets fan. Alexander was a really good owner.

The Truth Hurts.

being honest that seems cheap considering they are in a big market, and a much better team/franchise than the clippers who sold for 2 B.

I would think the Rockets are worth much more, but I guess the value is tied to the TV Revenue vs the franchise

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    being honest that seems cheap considering they are in a big market, and a much better team/franchise than the clippers who sold for 2 B.

I would think the Rockets are worth much more, but I guess the value is tied to the TV Revenue vs the franchise
    The clipps were a massive overpay... I am actually surprised the rockets got this much to be honest...

The TV revenue is peaking so a valuation based purely in terms of future cash flows isn't going to get much better than right now.

Jersey endorsement money is right around the corner. Easy $10-$15M per season.

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    This guy related to the Fertitas that use to own UFC?
    Yeah. They're cousins, I think.

This will probably go well for a few years but he's not going to go above and beyond for the long haul.

This is going to suck.

I worked for this dude. He is a prick.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I worked for this dude. He is a prick.
    I have, too. I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    The clipps were a massive overpay... I am actually surprised the rockets got this much to be honest...

The TV revenue is peaking so a valuation based purely in terms of future cash flows isn't going to get much better than right now.
    Agreed on the Clips. Because it was an open auction someone was bound to put a huge number in to ensure they got their prize.

PROCESSING

Of course he did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast